Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Vote for the Next Prime Minister of TFG

Emperor   

Well, if the 4.5 bulshit doesn't matter then I would pick Prof Talxa, he's more than capable and better than all the Somali politicians I know...

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Dear Mr. Suldaanka

Point well Put, bro. But, I fear he will fall for that old time
"suductive slogans"
about showing his commitment to the
"territorial integrity"
of the then and now defunct Somali Republic. Hence, it's more than likely he will appoint
Prof. Ali Galeydh
into the
"PM"
post.

Least of all,
Mr. Ismail Omar Ghelle
of that
Djibouti
fiefdom, who is also a friend of
Prof. Ali galeydh
(
for both of them are members of
Al-Islax Movement
as well as
Mr. Abdiqasim Salad Boy
) will see to it, that
Shiekh Sharif
to appoint his
PM
someone from
Somaliland

And if that person has a way of also claiming a
"clannish affiliation"
with
Puntland
, as well, then, so much the better, indeed. For he shall have a chance of shooting
"two birds with one single stone"
, according to his warped estimation.

All in all; I hope that he will settled for bringing peace to Somalia - i.e.,
south
- but, I think, once he is back in Mogadisho and he realised the likes of
Col. Dahir Aweys
as well as
Al-Shabaab
of this world are difficult to deal with or to reasoned with; then, he will, out of alternative, try to polished his
"patriotic credentials"
at Somaliland's expense.

And, hence, he will be talking all manner of glib talk about Somaliland and Puntland without never doing anything to put out the real fires of Mogadisho, indeed.

In other words, it will not be long before we start hearing on the
BBC
(like
Mr. A/Qasim Salad Boy
before him during the
Arta's TNG
) the senorous talk of
Sheikh Sharif
along the lines of saying that:
"Midnimadda Somalia Waa Muqadas"
. As if that kind of cheap talk will bring peace to his neck-of-the-wood; nor indeed, will it stop Somaliland's ever gaining momentum march for her destiny on it's track.

Finally, we shall see; but, I fear he will fall for the cheap arguments that others before him have, without fail, always followed, to a tee.

Which is that of making obtuse pronouncement about Somaliland's right to her destiny in the airwaves (like the
BBC
of this world); as if the mere repitition of that old-time line about
"Midnimo"
could persuade Somalilanders to take him and his pronouncement that tad of a serious kind, any more than they did with the various
"presidents"
that Somalia have had ever since that year of

Since most of them, seemed to have
"coppy-righted"
that
"cheap slogan"
ever since that year; particularly, given that it did not do them, any fat chance in that score of persuading Somalilanders against their will, at all, indeed.

Regards,

Oodweyne.

Indeed. If the Sheekh Sherif wants to play politics and gamble, he can really do that but he be rest assured that the outcome of any gambling is not always predictable.

But if, as its widely speculated now, the Good Sheekh wants to address the unresolved issue in Southern SOmalia, then surely he needs to limit his scope to a manageable bits and parts instead of trying to byte off something that he is not able to swallow in. By that I mean, he needs to put aside the old routine talking points of failed yesterday's TNG and TFG presidents.

This is perhaps one of the last Peace conferences that will be held for the Southerners as a whole and specialy for the H-clan. He needs to really deliver for the H-clan and bring peace and unity to that clan and not let himself loose focus with yesteryear's innuendos such as keeping "territorial integrity", "Midnimo waa Muqadas" and other scripted talking points.

Indeed, so much of what will define Sheikh Sherif's presidency will ultimately depend on his choice of Prime Minister.

In my opinion, Cali Khaliif is a very poor choice.

me   

No Suldaanka,

It would be better for you to say. For the secessionist agenda Cali Khaliif could mean trouble. That your opinion is built on that and not the man's capabilities to serve Somalia's interest in general.

Also my advice to the secessionist camp is next time round take part in the process. That way you may shape the outcome.

Sophist   

Oodweyne waa odey wax og! but rumour has it, the good shariif will be appointing Ali- not the Ali Galaydh but Ali Jama Jangeli!

me   

Oodweyne couldn't tell his elbow from his freedom pass.

He is only showing his irrational fear of peace in Somalia. Peace is Somalia means to him the end of the secessionist agenda.

No Suldaanka,

It would be better for you to say. For the secessionist agenda Cali Khaliif could mean trouble. That your opinion is built on that and not the man's capabilities to serve Somalia's interest in general.

Also my advice to the secessionist camp is next time round take part in the process. That way you may shape the outcome.

Your world revolves around who is able to "destroy" Somaliland more than it revolves around who is able to bring about peace to the instable areas. I can understand that.

Your current upbeat hopefullness with regards to the destruction of Somaliland is similar to the same wishfull upbeat you displayed on here when Col. Yey was selected to lead the TFG in Kenya few years ago. So, my old friend, we will see how things go again and whether or not this will become your final lesson in relation to coming to terms with Somaliland's unshakable foundation. :D

As for Cali Khaliif Galaydh and Sheikh Sherif's choice of a new PM. I think, Southern Somalia doesn't need "an experimental" Prime Minister. By that I mean, someone who will "try" and bring Somaliland onboard or keep "territorial integrety" or of such background. What Southern Somalia requires today is someone who can bring about peace and rule of law. I don't see Cali Khaliif as that sort of a person, specialy with regards to addressing the Mogadishu clan issues.

Think about it, Mogadishu's golden age, the 6 months when the ICU was in power, the leader was Sheikh Sherif (acting the role of PM) and the Sheikh Dahir Aways (Acting the role of President). If Sheikh Sherif can replicate that sort of power sharing for the duration of at least the first 2 years or until a working and strong authority takes shape in Banadir, he will be onto a good start.

But if Sheikh Sherif spends his time trying to court Puntland in the short-term and Somaliland in the longer term... he is putting his immediate tasks at risk.

Aaliyyah   

In my opinion, Cali Khaliif is a very poor choice.

Your opinion is clearly biased. As "ME" already mentioned he's threat to you since you know he will certainly put his homecity in the agenda, and by that am referring to LA laascaanod. However,if you look how the current politics is fairing you will realize that there's a great likelihood that he might be the next pm regardless of whether that idea sits well with you or not.

I do agree though that the first thing this transitional government should emphasize is to establish peace at the south. And, mainly that's the reason why Sharif shiekh ahmed is being supported by the international governments.

And, I do wish him only the best on that goal.

salaam

The Zack   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

^why? is the president from the north? nothing you ever do will appease Somalis.

Because the south is so messed up that they will need both posts. The real work needs to be done in the south before one can focus on the north. Remember, I said the PM needs to be the "5" clan. He doesn't have to be from the H clan.

Thierry.   

The south those not need both posts and the PM role should follow the 4.5. however the interior minister (the man who will deal with day to day activity of the south) needs to be a resident of Mogadishu and I would give that to Ahmed Abdi Salan