Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Abdiqasin 3 Years and no security, this is crazy

To Abdiqasin,

Where are all the police and what happened to their funds, and please dont blame Ethiopia again?

Why cant you open the port and airport of Mogadishu?

Why you still claim to be president when yesterday your time expired?

Again sir, where is the security you promised, where?

Col. Cabdullaahi Dhaxay oo galabta lagu dilay meel guriga Cabdiqaasim u jirta 100 Tilaabo

- Thursday, August 14, 2003 at 21:21

Muqdisho, (AllPuntland)- 7 qof ayaa ku geeriyootay dad kaloo tiradooda aan la suginna way ku dhaawacmeen ka dib markii dablay hubaysani ayaa maanta rasaas oodda uga qaadeen gaari uu watay Col. Cabdullaahi Dhaxan oo ahaa taliye ku xigeenkii booliskii maamulkii C/qaasin Salaad Xasan.

Dablaydii ayaa isla goobtiiba ku dilay C/laahi Dhaxan iyo 5 ka mid ah ilaaladiisa oo saarnayd gaari nooca loo yaqaan Mini Bus (Caasi) sida uu AllPuntlnad u xaqiijiyay wariye madax banaan oo lagu magacaabo Axmed Shariif.

Sidoo kale dadka dhintay waxaa ka mid ah haweenay jidka maraysay oo ay xabaddu meesheeda ugu tagtay.

Wariye Axmed Shariif waxaa kaloo uu noo xaqiijiyay in dhacdadaani ay ka dhacday xaafadda Taleex meel guriga C/qaasin Salaad Xasan u jirta 100 tillaabo (Mitir)

Tan iyo markii ay dhacdadaani dhacday ilaa fiidnimadii caawa waxaa aad u yaraa dhaq dhaqaaqa dadka magaalaada Muqdisho.

C. C. Farayaamo

AllPuntland, Somaliya

Xafsa   

You know what...this is exactly whats wrong with somali people!!

You just sit back and expect one man to fix everything?.....

flying-stil

if someone claims to be a president he must take full responsibility of peoples concerns. he cant just blame others for his failer. now mr salad promised securiy, jobs etc but he failed on all accounts. i think 3 years enough for him to show us what he can and cant. so its time to test someone else, isn't it.

Gabbal   

You just sit back and expect one man to fix everything?.....

Flying-still it just goes to show you how very human, we, reer binu Aadan are :rolleyes: :D

And why does it seem like New-Nation is a previous nomad?

Xafsa   

Originally posted by New-nation:

flying-stil

if someone claims to be a president he must take full responsibility of peoples concerns. he cant just blame others for his failer. now mr salad promised securiy, jobs etc but he failed on all accounts. i think 3 years enough for him to show us what he can and cant. so its time to test someone else, isn't it.

A teacher can promise to teach a class but if the class isn't willing to learn or isn't opening their mind to the possibility then the teacher will be unsuccesful. The same goes for Abdiqaain---he might of had every intention of turning his country around but how far do you think he will go when the somali people themselves won't give him the chance? We all know that most somali's will stay loyal to their clan leader no matter the situation...so how do you battle that as a new comer?

hornAFrica-I guess your right...but it depends on whether or not we see our shortcomings... and willing to give the next the guy a break 'cause he's human too!

wardi   

SALAAD MUST GO HIS TERM IS UP,NOW LOOKS LIKE HE IS PLAYING OLD GAME BACK IN 90S THAT DIDN'T WORK

(QABIIL) WE ALL KNOW WHAT QABIIL HAD DONE TO OUR COUNTRY NOTHING BUT DESTRUCTION,SALAAD NOW WANTS TO USE THIS B/C HE LOST SUPPORT.

HornAfr

Althogh i'm new to this forum i was long standing observer just reading and now i decided to participate the debates, is that a problem? or you dont feel safe to see new ideas in this forum.

flying-still

your analogy is some how difficult to accept as teaching and leading are different concepts. Teacher's functions include leading but their main function is to create perfect situation for students to increase their knowledge. if all or most of the students fail in their assessments then teacher is not blameless because all the students cant be ****** and they cant have same ability. its either something wrong with the teacher or the subject. in leadership situation however the main function of the leader is to lead or show the way forward, is like driving a car if you cant drive there is no point of blaming the car. if mr salad is a leader he would choose good team able, knowlegeabe team then plan and excute. but if he sits -as he did- his villa and expect that mogadishu and other parts of somali will lead it self then he fails as he did. if the president was honest then he should allow others to try they might have a chance to succeed. but to blame our tired, hungery, sick, eldery, widows, unemployed etc. it self is failure and wrong. these people are the same people who supported mr salad and welcomed him in the first day when he arrived in mogadishu, even warlords couldn't stop them, what happen to the warlards who said the president cant come to mogadisho? these were heroes. did you know how many people travelled for other conners of somalia to defend him and his government. what about former members of somali army, the police, civil servents and so on who came all the way from refugee comps in kenya and ethiopia. i still remember a former policeman who attended one of the gathering to support the new government when they arrived in mogodisho saying i'm now a businessman but want to be a police work with the new govenment to restore security and order in the capital without asking pay for his service. what did abdiqasim give to somali nation, higher inflation, more lies, corruption, blame and so on. what more chance should they give? build him a castle and ask him to stay there as long as he likes? my brother/sisters i'm not just sitting here and just critizising mr salad but i was strong supporter of TNG and mr Salad. i was also activist who took part activites that was helpful to the TNG such as organising conferences for TNG ministers to propagate their success and even organise protests outside Ethiopean ambasses. some how he dispointed me greatly. if any leader emerges from any parts of somalia or outside the country then i'll give a chance and work with him/her. other good somalis will also support that leader and will give a chance if they start improving the lives of ordinery somalis even in small way but if they fail then they will lose any initial support. so tell me flying-still what more chance should we give to this president or any other president that we didn't give already to mr salad and his government?

flying still

the question of tribe loyalty i think most somalis want a government and good leadership one offers better life and the generalisation is bad as you cant say because there are some criminals that all somalis are criminals. they need to see something that is better than what they are in. the prove is somalis were tribes and had tribal loyalty even in early days of colonial power when they saw syl they united behand them. tribal accusations are excuses for failed generations. i believe if leaderships like our early ones -abdulahi isse (may allah give his rahma), Adan Ade, Abdirishid Sharmake (may allah give his rahma), Abdirisak, Egal and so forth, we might have a chance of success. so tribal loyalty is there but is there any who can rise above tribal politics and claim our leadership?

BN   

It's one thing if the C/Qasim couldn't bring peace to somalia; but he made it his mandate to destabalize peaceful regions like the NE and Bay/Bokool. Does anybody remember how much better it was getting during the late 1990's? RRA setup SouthWest State; Hiiraan regional government; peace was returning to Mog city and much of south somalia. All the TNG did was re-ignite civil war in Somalia and create more warlords. I hope the conference in Kenya will not do the same because in the end it is the people who will suffer.

Bari-nomad

All the TNG did was re-ignite civil war in Somalia and create more warlords. I hope the conference in Kenya will not do the same because in the end it is the people who will suffer.

i dont think abdikasim and his TNG can even organse 10 people let alone create warlords, they just want to take credit of what they are not capable of. they lack courage, determination and skills of organising people. i hope this conference produces some success and some leadership we cant give chance like we did when arta confirence elected new president and parliment.

New-Nation - I am afraid I am in agreement with Bari_Nomad that the only value that the Arte TNG added to the Somali equation was one of destabilisation of serene regions (Puntland to larger extent, and Somaliland to minor extent) by way of mendaciously deceiving traditional Isims and Guurti, bribing junior elders of the Barre era, squandering the total capitulation by the emotive outcry and desperate longing for a state by the Somali populace all over, Diaspora in particular, and the creation of further disharmony amongst people yearning for accord and harmony in southern regions – Kismayo being the worse of all. It would be a grave disservice to give A/Qassim credit for deeds that he could not master had he been given another life time: that of clever organisation and administration. Coalition building and goodwill direly required in precarious and tenuous situations are not principles in his repertoire or vernacular. His art is one of clan manipulation pitching clans against each other, barren rhetoric of nationalism which he himself does not believe in, and corruption of the worse kind (corrupting junior elders) – lessons learnt from the old hog, in other words Barre’s old modus operandi, NOT in the same league or calibre mind you.

Arte was not about A/Qassim, rather a team of cleverly assorted rogues.

In my humble observation and estimate Somalia was far worse off by the end of 2002 in terms of stability, economy, sense of direction and governance than it had been prior to the creation of the Arte TNG. I shall be willing to explore the aforementioned factors if need be. The biggest advantage reaped from the Arte debacle, however in my opinion was self-determination and reliance of own on the local level. Another lesson was that Barre’s remnants, creators of the mayhem and chaos, could never be trusted. Whilst most Somalis would hastily transfer the blame for the stateless, chaos and lack of government solely to the “warlords”, a term I rather dislike for its usage and definition, (the simplicity of the Somali people astonishes me to say the least as to how Yalaxow, Ato, Hiiraale, Finish, Xaabsade, Adam Madoobe and the likes could have contributed to the mayhem, social disintegration, civil destruction and the total collapse of state institutions when they simply inherited a cocked-up mess left behind by the likes of A/Qassim, Dr Ghalaydh, Hassan Abshir, Deerow and other remnants of Barre regime), culprits are glorified as saviours, hailed as statesmen, and recived as nationalists. A bloody messed up state of affairs and rationale of sort, if you ask me!

Nonetheless, New-Nation, my brother, you seem, unless intentional on your part, to be minusculising the calamity and the tumultuous disenfranchising that these towrags not only had left behind, but are still wreaking havoc in the land. How does one explain that mate?

I shall leave it there for the day,

Until then so long!

Does this seem a man who cares much of anything. Simply observe the ludicrousness of his terms and prerequisites:

Cabdiqaasim ayaa shuruudihiisa cusub ee maanta waxaa ka mid ah:

1. In labadalo gudoomiyaha shirka dib u heshiisiinta Soomaaliyee Am: Pathuel Kiplagat.

2. In Ergayga Itoobya wakiilka uga ah shirka labadalo

3. In Axdiga dawladda federaalka ah dib loogu nooqdo.

4. In C/qaasin Soo magacaabo Ergada shirka ee labada garabba

5. In la joojiyo habka Federaalka.

6. In Somali land ay shirka ka soo qayb gasho .

7. In C/lla Deeroow I'saq iyo Xasanba shirka aysan ka qayb galin lagana saaro.

Samurai Warrior

Nonetheless, New-Nation, my brother, you seem, unless intentional on your part, to be minusculising the calamity and the tumultuous disenfranchising that these towrags not only had left behind, but are still wreaking havoc in the land. How does one explain that mate?

I must agree with you some of your thoughs such as corruption and bribing some tribel leaders and old friends in here and there. i also think he and his TNG indirectly caused some fighting like when mr salad sent some of his comrades to bay rigion. the fighting in kismayu which mr salad addmited was lie because he cant posibly organise, maintain, lead fund such a large army, but i belief his is claming credit what his tribe did in kismayu. we know mr salads tribe jointly control the city and secrifice everything even before arti started so bro samuri the power politics in somali. i honestly understand your connection between tng and problems in somalia for the last 3 years but i have to disagree with you the main charge of tng causing mayham more than what the warlords did to our beloved country and its beuitiful people. do you bro samurie honestly beleif that ali khalif, hassan abshir, jama kaluun, deerow and the other can cause such a large and sophisticated network of wars? are these people confined in there hotel rooms and "golaha sacabka" ee mogadishu. even abdikasim spent most of his time in his villa watching aljazeera and reading some arabic newspapers. what president abdikasim is capable of is long luctures with little substance as he used to do in old days of mr barre's ragime. I dont realy know if he can acheive all what bro samurai mentioned in his piece?

New-Nation, Thank you for the response.

Sure, I do believe the said individuals could and DID indeed instigate “…do you bro samurie honestly beleif that ali khalif, hassan abshir, jama kaluun, deerow and the other can cause such a large and sophisticated network of wars?” atrocities vicariously through enticing and capitalising on the good old sentiment of clan politics in Somalia. How, you may ask? When Hassan Abshir, Dr Ghalydh, A/Qassim, Kaluun, Deerow, or any other member of the Arte TNG go on the devil’s mouthpiece at the Bush House in full alluring and in rhetorical mode whilst holed up in a parsimonious, flea-ridden hostels in Mogadishu and play with the peoples’ emotions speaking of hefty opportunities and empty promises, whom do you reckon hears those words? Whose ears do you reckon are susceptible to their cries for support? Whose lives do you reckon get impacted? It is the ill-advised, Godless bandits. It is the average hapless youngsters with no future to look forward to in Mogadishu, Lascanod, Garowe, Burco and CeelBuur. It is the junior elders, produced by the late Barre’s regime so as to dilute the traditional social structure by way of discrediting the genuine Isims and Guurti most of whom mind you would have had no dealing with the regime, who were conducting the buying and selling on their behalf throughout. It is the junior lads and lasses in the Diaspora unemployable in their host nations with undergraduate education and experience of no kind to match, who in their hearts were convinced that they secure ministerial posts, thus could govern though theirs had never been tested. It is the beneficiaries of the military regime along with its remnants in moments of nostalgia that had flocked to the cries and were receptive to their pseudo-nationalistic twaddle. It was never to suggest that they [men of Arte debacle] themselves were doing the legwork, as they are too weathered for that, rather their pawns in the field.

It is very much doubted if we would have seen much of the civil unrest and bloody encounters witnessed in the country, including the political crisis and bloody clashes in Qayaadsame & Dhuudo in Puntland, the detaining and house arrests of traditional leaders in Hargeysa which precipitated the split of Somaliland into two halves, the continuous warring factions in Baidoa, the marauding forces occupying Kismayo, had it not been for Arte TNG’s desperately wanting territories to govern and rogues to befriend.

Never for a moment had I regarded any of these persons honourable, and whilst reading Al-Sharq-Al-Awsat, Al-Hayat or watching Al-Jazeera might have been a past time for them or appeared what they might have been doing on the outset, I am of the believe that A/Qassim and his nominal briefcase-carrying ministries played a considerable role in destabilising the country, bamboozling the populace, manipulating clan politics, squandered million of dollars donated in the name of Somalia, and worse of all still continue to do so.

Did that shed any light on your query mate?

Cheers.