Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

World Cup 2006 - The Official Thread

If portugal beat Iran and Mexico, then Angola are through to the second round which will make them face the "Death Groups"

What about if iran beats portugal today than beat angola? that way iran is thru to next round, i will like to see angola go to second round but i think iran have better chance as long as they beat portugal today and than the game between mexico vs portugal will mean something..Just a hope.

And now my money is on Brazil to win it for the sixth time, is it? the samba boys (mostly black stars, yeah i'm a racist) have what it takes to outperform anyone else in the cuppa. I can't take why everyone is so zero-ing on Ronaldo. leave the man alone. we all know what he is capable of. dont ever underestimate a fine player like Ronaldo. it takes one brilliant moment and all the doubters will go 'yeah, we knew he was capable of it...blah blah blah'.

With an attack force made of Ronaldinho, Robinho, Adriano, Ronaldo and the rest (there is even rythme to their names), they are capable of rocking any team in this cuppa. but football being what it is, there is always a surprise around the corner.

Guys, Samba boys are not overrated, unlike the english (BNP lot who won't go beyond the quarter finals and never stop dreaming about '66). Braz all the way! wooooooooooh!

nemo   

Originally posted by Abdillah:

Guys, Samba boys are not overrated, unlike the english (BNP lot who won't go beyond the quarter finals and never stop dreaming about '66). Braz all the way! wooooooooooh!

Agreed. Hope brazil goes all the way. Now atleast there is black people playing. :D

Intel   

bit unfair to pin the blame the referees, African teams inability to finish and their pathetically clumsy goalkeeps must get their share of the blame I reckon.

Ghana just won so isdejiya people :D

Well done Ghana even tough they made a meal of it ... wats with one their players with the Isreal flag , i hope there is a good explanation otherwise am withdrawing my support as i did against the Argeies after finding out that their caption Sorin and Manager are both Jewish, the Jewish news was gloaing about their win against Ivory and ridiculed Iran too,

P.S am fast running out of whom to back now, Spain maybe.

N.O.R.F   

^^didnt like the Isreali flag, but he plays in Isreal

Player Name: John Pantsil Squad Number: 15 Position: Defender Current Club: Hapoel Tel-Aviv Date of birth: 15 June, 1981

Weldone the black stars and with the USA getting a point vs Italia, Ghana just needs to win their last game vs USA!

N.O.R.F   

Thinking of who to cheer for, an interesting website based on gdp, aid and defense spending, gdp, life expextancy etc,,, click here

Ghana 'worthiest World Cup team'

Ghana is the worthiest team to support at the World Cup according to a website ranking nations on national ethics and "global citizenship" criteria.

The World Development Movement says its table highlights global poverty and the inequality of nations at the World Cup.

Fans can find out which are the best aid givers, the most indebted or the least corrupt and cheer them on.

Sweden and Tunisia join Ghana near the top of the list. The USA, Saudi Arabia and Australia are at the bottom.

Benedict Southworth is director of the WDM - part of the Make Poverty History campaign.

She said: "Whoshouldicheerfor.com is a fun and interesting way to think about a serious issue, that of global poverty and inequality between the nations competing in the World Cup.

"When their favourite team isn't playing many people will want to shout for a country that has the odds stacked against them.

"Some of the poorest countries in the world are playing in Germany, let's give them some support."

WDM's World Cup supportability rankings were determined by averaging each country's position across 10 criteria.

They were: Life expectancy, national income per person, military spending, aid spending, carbon emissions, income inequality, health spending, external debt, corruption and the number of companies among world's largest 500 multinationals.

Tahliil   

I'm always ALWAYS on the side of the underdog!!And often perform miracles when we are least expected...I hope hope hope to see the Germs and THE CLANSMEN squashed in the next leg of the tournement..WHAT AN UPSET THAT IS!!!

But first think of this scenerio

Ghana Vs USA (2-1)

Checz Vs Italy (1-0)

Everything is possible, Italy is far from clinching anything...And anyways...Most of these Italian managers and players have court dates for scandals and corruption (the Italaina way...)I think this world cup has saved them..but come a loss against checz in their next match, I think they will be playing their next game against the guys in cell block D...

Man, I just can not beleive myself. this morning when wrote on these pages i was so downhearted and not feeling the cuppa. how things change and change fast! Now my blood is boiling.....woooh! Ghana all the way. and you know what, they know we are supporting them, all the africans are behind the black stars from the continent and we've actually been thanked by none other than the captain himself, Appiah for our support. what a game, what a game! let me just say this for the record, can't there be another surprise from the african teams that we've counted out of the continent deep inside in our minds. can Togo cause a seismic earthquake and shake the very earth where the french cocks stand on? can't it happen? oh yeah! I stand proud african and hope for the best, after all hope is man's best weapon in this world! Hope for the continent.

Africa all the way, and i'll keep my samba warriors as insurance, just in case.

Come on Ghana! wooooooooooow!

Indeed conguratulation are in order for the black stars, they made us proud however i am kind of tore up between on the next match between the ghana and the U.S team..I am little bit leaning towards the Ghan team, will see how it goes..

Question for the world cup fans..Any surprises so far? a team a player or any un expected results..Mine is the argentenian team i had no idea they were this good.

Disapointment team must be the france team with all that talent and they can't manage to score a frigin goal..