Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

World Cup 2006 - The Official Thread

Pacifist   

Originally posted by nuune:

Sweden will win da cup

Nuune they way they played today am in spectacle. Lets see how Henrik :D does the rest of the games. Sweden better work harder if they want to win. Also Trinidad and Sweden spoiled the whole fun for group B. England ahh what a dissapointment really I was expecting more fun and play then a safe planner goal. Where was rooney haa.

Ivory Coast and Argentina well am :mad:

Argentina did a great job. Ivory Coast on the other hand what the hell was going on with the individualism horta and waiting for the ball to come to them. Argentinas defends was good they wear ganging up on Drogba like hungry pack of wolves. They need to get they act together. Work on their defence and Drogba needs help up on the field its not a one man show redface.gif

Lets see how the other LIke Angola and IRan do tomorrow.

Originally posted by rudy:

England is gonna lose!! holla........!

Amen. Add brazil to the that list. I would rather see Italy win then this two countries.

SoMa_InC   

Ivory Coast vs Argentina game was so far a thrilling game to watch. The Elaphants proved many critics wrong and the only diffrence between them and the South Americans was experience.

I think they have a good chance of qualifying to the next round if they beat Holland and Serbia, which is possible considering yesterday's performance.

Lets see how the other African teams perform.

Can't wait for Friday's game.

Viking   

Ivorians played well but paid for not having clinical finishes. I think the Italy-Ghana game tomorrow has great potential. Strongman Genarro Gattuso is out while Ghana have the gritty trio of Sulley Muntari, Stephen Appiah and Micheal Essien in midfield. It would be interesting to see how the Italians would cope with such a strong midfield without Gattuso.

mojam   

I think it's still too early to predict a winner for this world cup. I have to see all teams in action first.

Ivory Coast is an awesome team and at the same time a crappy team. Crappy because of their lack of experience at the world stage as Soma said. Great because it's a tallent filled team. I only saw their second half. In the Ivory coast team I saw a terrible amateur team the first 20 monutes of the second half and a championship winning team in the 27 minutes of the second half.

There was no rythm, pace, or plan to their game when they sucked. When they played the attractive fast and furious african game that West African teams are known for, they had Argentines on their knees. They didn't know what hit them.

Drogba is really good. I knew he was good but I didn't think he was that good. I really underestimated him. Respect!

N.O.R.F   

The Cost lost due to lack of finishing. They could have won that game. Two wins vs the Dutch and Serbia should see them through.

Ghana 2-Italia 2

i still couldnt watch a single game so far!! i am not sure why these games are shown on tv around 4:00Am pst. are thye using german time...whadda a struddle heads...!

Intel   

Originally posted by Northerner:

The Cost lost due to lack of finishing. They could have won that game. Two wins vs the Dutch and Serbia should see them through.

it should but they will face a mammoth task in trying to stop the likes of Rubben, van Persie and co...

Ghana v Italia...isn't it hard?

African loyalty demands I support the Ghanaians, but how can I NOT support the AZZURRI? Impossible. :D

I'm being a complete girl, but that team must be the most beautiful team on earth! *Drools*

Tahliil   

I am searching for my Ecuador bumper sticker; These guys are out there to have fun...unlike other teams who are trying to prove that they are the best, better than everyone else and deserve to win...

Regardless of weather we advance or not...I'll keep searchin for a sticker that captures the spirit of such amazing defense team...

The upset for this Fiva World Cup is in the making guys...German, the Germs will be beaten at home by no one other than Ecuador...counting the days till JUNE 20th...see u there..

N.O.R.F   

Have you ever seen a dumber performance by an African team. Forget Ghana i will be against them from now on,,,,

nuune   

^^^ They let us down, they looked quite good at first, then what happened, concentration is lost, all over the place, the only player who was good is their goal keeper Kingston who was their second Keeper, the rest should eat the sand for lunch.

Originally posted by Tahliil:

These guys are out there to have fun...unlike other teams who are trying to prove that they are the best, better than everyone else and deserve to win...

Hey so is France, Zidane said this World Cup is going to be one big party. ya juusss gotta love the guy!

I wasn't supporting no African teams this time around, Last team I supported was Senegal ('02) the highlight of my world cup experience was when they beat strong team Sweden.

Half time for the French Switzerland match. Score 0 for both. The Swiss have real strong defence. But Insha allah we shall overcome. Henry is demonstrating good offense. Ou lala.