Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

World Cup Underdogs

Rokko, Cocu n Gio are fit for the start and Sneijder will miss the first game, not that bad. And what was that Wilkshire playing at jumping into tackles like that, you Aussies got anger stored up in all kinds of places, tell him to whoosaa a lil' bit.

Star Players

Robin Van Persie - Holland

This guy seems to have found his form again, he played great in the warm up games and looks like a certain starter with Robben and Ruud.

Lionel Messi - Argie

You think you have seen this guy play football, wait until the WC starts, he will blow up like mad.

Kaka - Brazil

This guy is a great player but doesn't get enough credit as the Ronaldos and the Dinhos. I saw Brazil play and Ronnie looked jaded but Kaka was looking great, never knew the guy had so much pace.

Fabregas - Spain

I doubt that he will get a lot of games but he will get enough to impress in during the tournament. This guy plays like a 28 yr old Dennis only CMF tho'.

Jose Antonio Reyes - SPain

This guy can be great but is very unpredictable, check out this goal he scored yesterday and make up your own mind.

Reyes stunner

^^ 187 This is the World Cup time u put ur club allegiances to one side and enjoy the beatifull game.

Messi will have no chance to shine, the oposing players are already aware of his threats since everyone is tipping him to shine. The Ivorians and the Dutch will not let him play and may man mark him.

Luci Toni is the player to watch and the German youngesters will no doupt relish playing at home, so watch out for them.

Intel   

Originally posted by La Villa 1-8-7:

what was that Wilkshire playing at jumping into tackles like that

yeah mate it was shocking tackle and he got what he deserved.

Hizb, my bad, i cant stop myself, I need help!

I think u mean Lukas Podolski of germany, as usual he is signing for bayern munich this season, eveyr youngster that comes through goes to bayern.

Urban   

I agree with Hizb, Luca Toni is the player to watch, i think this is gonna be his world cup.

Surprise team would be Ghana, but it all depends on Stephen Appiah and Essien in the middle of the park.

I hope Croatia do well, they're one of my fav teams, but since France '98, we didnt see much from them. Davor Suker, Zvonimir Boban, Stanic, Jarni..lol good ol' days.

-Lily-   

Yes, the day has finally arrived. Our boss just announced we can go home at 3:30pm so that everyone is home(or the nearset pub in the area) in time for the 4:20 start.

I think Portugal, maybe even the Cheks, I don't like them but they are good. I will never, ever, ever support England again if they don't win this year. I just love all the excitement, and we don't have to wake up at 7 am this time like last time.

Don't waste your breath on African teams, they have wasted our energy since teh 90s and still no win :(

^^ What a boss, is he german or what. Offically we here till 5 but since is friday the earlly exdus will happen, am trying to make sure am there for kick-off which is 5pm.

And don't despair the Afrticans, they give us hope and then frustrate us, but tats the world cup.

For me 2mmorow is the big games, Ivory v Argies.

-Lily-   

Soma Inc, I don't expect them to win, but I'm hoping they might just suprise us against the odds. I would much rather some unkown team win. It would be so broing if Brazil won again or France or Italy.

I am half-hearted about England, in some games i will support them in others maybe not, but this year i think they could have well, but for some reason Sven killed it for me when he did not pick two my fav players Defoe and Wright-Philips, injustice of the highest order.

So my alleingce is simple, Africans and the small teams , then England if they are still there.

SoMa_InC   

Waterlily, Lets just hope and pray that Brazil wont win it. I'd rather see Argentina win it than Brazil. ;)

Hizb, Shaun Wright-Philip was not a regular for Chelsea and has dropped his world class form since signing for Chelsea from Manchester City and therefore, I think Sven was right on that one.

As for Defoe, I think Sven should have picked him. He is an outstanding player with all the qualities of a striker. He has pace, power, skills and is good with the ball but I think the reason he was dropped was that Sven thinks they can reach the semis and therefore he gambled on Wayne Rooney as he believes he would be fit and can take them all the way.

Peter Crouch is proving many critics wrong and I think he deserves his place and as for Michael Owen, his status in the England setup is big!

England has quality players but their tactics is questionable. Yesterday’s performance against Paraguay was low class and there next game against the Soca Warriors does look promising considering Dwight Yorke’s team (10 players) performance against Sweden.

Nuune, brother do you still think Sweden will win the world cup?