Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

World Cup Underdogs

I don’t think there will be any suprises this year in the World Cup. Specially don’t in Group C where my team Holland (Nederland) will win the group and second place will go to Argentina. But seriously I think Argentina will win this World Cup. I have seen their under 21 squad win the World Cup last year and they were amazing. That squad plays magnificent football and has the ability to adapt to every existing system.

You probably think “What has that squad to do with the real Argentinian squad†A lot of youngsters who won the under 21 World Cup, are playing now for the real Argentinian squad. If you put these young talented players with veterans like Riquelme and Crespo, you got one heck of a team which can win the World Cup So I’m betting my money on Argentina. BTW If someone has seen the friendly match last november between Argentina and England, knows what I mean !!!!

Viking   

I think the African team that will impress the most will be Ghana; people aren't talking about them much especially because they didn't do well in the African Cup of nations. This is because they were missing almost five key players.

Quarter-Finals? Here is a wild guess...

Brazil

Ghana

Argentina

Portugal

Italy

England

Mexico

Spain

These teams might not all feature in the quarters if they play each other in the second round but I think they are the strongest teams around. Czech Republic, Sweden and Holland are very good teams but don't usually do very well in big tournaments, They are usually the 'champions of qualifying' to the major tournaments but fail to impress once there. Ukraine is a good team too but not very threatenning as Sheva is fast approaching his 'sell-by' date.

Qac Qaac   

as long as france, england, germany, and italy don't win the world cup i am happy.. i want small poor country to win it... brazil they power house but if they win is all good coz they still poor country.. hopefully one of the african teams go far to semi or something..

nafta   

Nederland over hun allemaal!!! :D

Holland all the way!! Simply because of 1974, when they lost to Germany 1-2. Probably the most magnificent Holland squad the WC tournament had witnessed, with dutch legends like Cruyff, Rensebrink, Neeskens etc..

It'd be great if these two played each other in the finals again, this time Holland beating them - in Germany!

Other hopefuls;

1- Iv. Coast - Let's hope drogba remembers how to score. icon_razz.gif

2- Mexico, though am not sure about them..get hyped up before tournaments but don't always live up to that. It'll be a surprise in itself if they get past the quarterfinals, which they never seem to do!

3- Iran (IF they defeat Portugal - the Portuguese don't always perform well in competitions).

@ Faaraxov...got your orange horn, shirt, scarf ready? Don't forget to put on your war paint as well, Red, White & Blue, with hints of Orange :D

Zaki   

Salaam...

thanks for ur opening us this nice topic. :cool:

1). United States of America= Final.

2. Cote De'Viore= Semi Final.

3. Trinand & Tobago & Togo= Q.Final.

Zaki

Nephissa   

^ Spain? You must be joking, it is easier to see a donkey flying than Spain to win the World Cup.

Whoever can beat the home team( Germany) deserves to win it all. I personally like to see one of the African teams win, preferrably Cameron, if not Brazil or Argentina.

Five more days to go, let the countdown begin!

I don’t think there will be any suprises this year in the World Cup. Specially don’t in Group C where my team Holland (Nederland) will win the group and second place will go to Argentina

Nederland over hun allemaal!!!

Holland all the way!!

Finally, I thought I was alone in this place.

ORANJE!!!!

Intel   

^^^ Wesley Sneijder & Philip Cocu were both carried off the field against the boys in green and gold & might be out of the WC.... if so I reckon we just knocked the Dutch out of the World Cup.. innit :cool:

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

^

Whoever can beat the home team( Germany) deserves to win it all. I personally like to see one of the African teams win,
preferrably Cameron , if not Brazil or Argentina.

Five more days to go, let the countdown begin!

War was isku xaartay. Cameroon ku lahaa, altough they are the best team not to qualify this year.

N.O.R.F   

lol@rocko

Viking, Ghana are playing some good stuff!

Stars of the WC?

Appiah - Ghana (will he finally realise his huge potential)

Kewell - LFC lad

Gerrard - LFC lad

Fabregas??

^^ Gerrad can never shine in the England team, they been trying for years to figure where he best suits in the England line-up and still Sven has no idea so he be roting with Lambard in going forward as well having some holding defensive role.