Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

World Cup Underdogs

Every world cup there is a team that surprises everyone. Sometimes one of the African teams other times they could be Asian or a European minnow or possibly all the above.

In the last world cup, we had South Korea, Turkey and Senegal as the surprise teams of the tournament, who do you think would be the surprise teams this year?

Let’s speculate Ladies and Gentlemen and staring with me; I would say here are my choices: -

1 - Ivory Coast

2 - Japan

3 - Ukraine

There is no science behind my selection; I'm just speculating!!!

Speculate Away

Cheers

Intel   

AUSTRALIA

all the way to the quarters i hope..........comeooooooon

trader u LZ :mad: Japan FFS :confused:

Originally posted by Northerner:

1) Cote De'Viore (Quarter Final)

2) Serbia and Montenegro (Semi Final)

Northerner,did you really think about these 2teams? I mean you do know that these 2 teams have to qualify from their group[which is the same FYI] & beat the really good Dutch team and even better Argentinian team?

Argentina

Côte d'Ivoire

Serbia and Montenegro

Netherlands

Zu,i beleive this year is not the yr of Underdogs. This is the year for great teams of the 90s to come back and proof something to these underdogs.The only big team european team that would prolly have a hard time is germany[becoz of a young inexperienced team],otherwise watch for the major teams.

England,Nederland[Thats MY TEAM!!]France,Brazil,,Italia[i like italia] & perhaps Mexico or USA. The only African team that could probably comeout out could be Angola coz they are in an easier group.

*Mark my words* :D

N.O.R.F   

How did i make such a gaff. I will stick with the Serbs going far,,,,

Italia will finish 2nd in their group and then lose to Brazil in the 2nd round,,, Or will they?,,,,

Originally posted by Northerner:

How did i make such a gaff. I will stick with the Serbs going far,,,,

Italia will finish 2nd in their group and then lose to Brazil in the 2nd round,,, Or will they?,,,,

I am sure you overlooked Norf. So you are sayin the dutch along with the Africans will go on the first round?

N.O.R.F   

Well if the Elephants progress they may go as far as the 4trs. The Argies or the Dutch will be going home early. I think the Serbs or the Elephants will be the other team.

I saw the Dutch the other night vs Cameroun, they look very ordinary to me.

^^^ Actaully If am making any change it will be Ukraine to Serbs..Serbs will go far...

Faaraxov...let me state the obvious, in order the Elephants to go far they would need to beat a big team in a tough group...makes sense...all they need is to beat the Serbs and hold onto for draws in their other games.

Argentina will draw with all three teams.

The Serbs will beat Holland and then draw with Argentina,

Holland will have two draws and a defeat..

LoooL

^^^ Slow down everyone.

I know you guys aint dissing my Holland. 2 draws and a defeat? I know they aint exactly the great team of the past but the most important thing is that they work for eachother, big names don't win you cups, team work does and they have that in abundance.

They would probably get away with snatching a late goal here and there and I'm tipping them to go as far as the 4trs.

Ivory Coast is everyones' dark fardho ( literally too). the team is well balanced, with quality in all the vital areas, defence, midfeild and atack, they are young and hungry too ...only worry for them is teams know them well already and they are not being treated as minorty team.

I'd hate to say this but the Argies will flop again.

if i was betting man, the Chezcks are the team to fear, tournments always suit them.

N.O.R.F   

^^but the Chechs are not a 'surprise' team. I hope the argies fall flat on their face again along with the Germans.

Lookout for Zakora of Ivory Coast

Ivory Coast can not be called a minority team because everyone is calling the team to fear from Africa. My surprise team would have to be the Czechs but wouldnt it be nice for either Togo or Angola to give an upset to the bigger team.

I think the Argentinians are much stronger than the last world cup, back then theywere ageing with the likes of Batigol still playing but now they have that youthful zest about them with Messi, Tevez, Rodriguez etc.

The team that i s garantued to flop are the Spanish, sorry Reyes and Fabregas, but your team will flop as they always do. They have the best goalie in the world they have puyol in defence, a such great choice for midfield options that they even left Guti out of the world cup squad and upfront have Raul, Villa, Torres and Reyes.