Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

Watch President Yusuf addressing the UN-Summit's Plenary meeting tommorrow inshallah

President is about to speak to the UN-Summit's high Plenary meeting today inshallah. He will be the 9th speaker of the afternoon section due to start at 15:00 New York time.

Every speaker has been designed to speak for 15minutes.

He will speak 5hours 15min from now inshallah.

BN   

18188D8D09D6E2FFF60E552605BC9137810F755E

UNITED NATIONS, United States: President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed of Somalia addresses the 60th session of the General Assembly 17 September, 2005 at the United Nations. AFP PHOTO/JEFF HAYNES (Photo credit should read JEFF HAYNES/AFP/Getty Images)

capt.nyjj10909172237.un_general_assembly

Abdlullahi Yusuf Ahmed, president of the transitional federal government of Somalia, speaks during the 60th session of the General Assembly Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005, at the United Nations. (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson)

capt.nyjj11309162305.un_summit_somalia_n

Abdullahi Sheikh Ismail, Foreign Minister of the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia, speaks during the 2005 World Summit Friday, Sept. 16, 2005, at the United Nations. (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson)

Gediid   

A high school friend who works with the UN calls me up this morning and informs how the Somali Prez screwed up the English language.Just listen to him and wait for him to pronounce the word "juncture" even that had me laughing.

I enjoyed the part where he says and I quote "this government is serious and committed to the basic social contract it made with its citizens......and the allegiance they have already conferred to their government".

As for the content of the speech itself it was more or less the same as the one Abdiqasim read out before the UN general assembly when he was elected.

For those of you interested here's the link

Speech of the Prez.....

nuune   

I watched the whole speech, I think he is great speaker, his english was okey, I thought he was worse than that, though his throut was messed up few times maybe he had xabeeb in cunihiisa,

but it was great speech, I have to give him 5 points for that, wonderfull.

ps: I thought Riyaale, would be there, any news about him, or is he strugling the election while the world is there giving their input, he could have been there and granted a space by Kofi!!

Gediid   

^^^^ :D

When one looks at the world thru the eye of a needle,he sees only a dot.....

Gediid September 18, 2005

Riyaale would have been as pathetic as your Prez... ;)

^^^ So was the speech bad? What speech should we compare it to? Should we compare it to Riyaale, oops his country does not exist. Should we compare it A/Qasin, but who remembers what the Dr without a degree ever said?

It was a good speech, nothing too great but it shows the old man is making progress while his adversaries are still measuing turf..

And thru the dot, one zooms onto, and up on the crude metamorphous of the galaxies thereby engrossing in a spellbound a great deal - call it soft red on hard green, but yellow with mellowy purple, it ain’t old boy!

Gediid - was your friend dexterous enough to dig and perhaps devour the fillings of the speech, or is he still boring the neighbours, or anyone who cares to lend an ear at own peril, with the same high-school level puns? A teen approach to a man’s game is cool, would not you say? How unfortunate of you, mi lad?

Read, both of you I trust of the speech, so now why not be good sports and tell us what were some of the highlights of the speech?

Oh bugger, I forgot…understanding the meaning of it was never the intent, was it?

Begin unfolding the core of the speech, if you dare?

Sky   

Walaalayaal,

The speech was great. I wonder who wrote it. The president also spoke very well, although his throat gave up on the man several times. Wether he 'raped' the English language or not (akoombliishidh instead of accomplished), its about the content and the president successfully adressed on the UN general assembly what Somalia is facing and what Somalia needs.

Yaah? Maxaa inoo galay how Yusuf speaks English, its not our language.

I especially liked and I quote:

While much of the countries of the world are struggling to meet their Millenium Development Goals, Somalia is struggling to stand on its feet.

Does anyone know wether or not the president is going to make a tour through the Somali communities in North America. I remember when he visited Seattle some years ago as President of Puntland.

^^^ Northern, the fact that the Presidnet and FM were given the platform and time to give their speeches was enough to make us supporters of the TFG happy.. What comes out of it only the lord knows...

The speech was great in the sense that he delivered it in a manner and certain standard that is expected of someone who addresses such large scale delegations made up of Kings, Crownprince, Presidents and foreign ministers.

He's been giving the forum and to address the High Plenary Meeting of New York. He did extraordinally well taking into concideration that I watched head of states and distinguished delegation since Friday afternoon GMT time, so I've seen many head of states and Abdullahi Yusuf's speech wasn't certainly lacking any of the creadentials that others head of states showed.

The speech was certainly better than some of Bush's speeches were he masters to embarass not only himself but his whole country.

Gabbal   

I remember when he visited Seattle some years ago as President of Puntland.

He never did. I remember hearing the rumours, but it never materialized.

P.S. I think the old man did better then expected. BTW isn't this a discussion forum? Then lay off Gediid.