Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

Watch President Yusuf addressing the UN-Summit's Plenary meeting tommorrow inshallah

Originally posted by Sky:

I remember when he visited Seattle some years ago as President of Puntland.

He didn't visit Seattle. He was supposed to come here but his advisors told him not to because we were ready to protest against him.

HORN -

Did Man with the Glasses (hehe) ever tell you about the time a Col Yeey representative came to visit our school with the intent of raising $5,000 from the Black Student Union (around the time Col Yeey was supposed to visit Seatown)? Apparently, he didn't know there were any Somali students at the school. So he thought he'd lie to the BSU and funnel the money to his Adeer (mind you, the Qardho massacre was still fresh in our minds then).

Anyways, Man with the Glasses called "the rep" and got his voicemail: "You have reached Puntland State of Somalia." Walahi I still remember that shit ka waran! Me and Man with the Glasses met up with him (just to see what he was about, right?) Dude showed us a map of Somalia where its divided into Somaliland, Puntland and then "Somalia."

Anyways, Man with the Glasses told him where he's from (tribally) and dude's jaw just dropped! LOL

The mere fact that he addressed the floor and that he has be given the forum to deliver his speech to many heads of governments it's a success in itself. He also met with lots of world leaders and heads of states.

Originally posted by Gediid "Riyaale would have been as pathetic as your Prez..."

Sorry Gediid but the UN-Headquarters are currently closed for the general public and ordinary people due to the presence of the High-Level Plenary meeting and the 190 distinguished head of states and delegations. Only VIP's are allowed inside the UN-Headquarters.

So I think that Riyaale and the rest of the Mob have to put their plans to visiting and sightseeing the UN to a hold for a while. However there is good news the UN will be reopened in a weeks time to the general public then ofcourse Riyaale and the rest of the bunch can come and admire the UN-Headquarters.

P.S. There is a Somali speaking tour guide inside the UN who can show Riyaale and the rest of the general public around I might attend myself.

If I cannot be present at the sightseeing tour I would suggest that you contact the 8th floor of the UN-Headquarters Room 830 and request someone to show your around. The tour will roughly cost around $30.

Have fun with Mr Riyaale and your sightseeing tour!!!

NASSIR   

His internal locus of control was outstanding, an extent to which a president believes he can influence the events in which he is part of. He seemed relaxed, imaginative, agreeable, assertive and broadminded.

N.O.R.F   

Looking at this holistically, does a speach at the UN 60th Anniversary constitute optimism with the ever metioning of war in Somalia? Do we overlook the situation back home just for a speach intended to appease and to end poverty but members of your own cabinet are back home plotting another war? Do we forget Yeey's history?

I never trust politicians and warlords. Call me an eternal cynic but this speach will probaly pass by as Somalia is not a 'priority' right now for the rest of the world. How can the UN trust a man his own ppl dont trust?

kidd   

Does anyone know wether or not the president is going to make a tour through the Somali communities in North America.

MAY BE NOT, LET US JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HE DOES NEXT!

Posted on Mon, Sep. 19, 2005

Somalia's president meets with Minnesotans

ASSOCIATED PRESS

ST. PAUL - During a visit to the United States, Somalia's new president met with hundreds of Somalis living in Minnesota and spoke with Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., about bringing order to the African nation.

President Abdullahi Yusuf spoke to a group of 300 to400 Minnesotans, who traveled to New York to meet him, Friday night.

"He said that once rule of law is established in Somalia, hopefully they will come back," said Omar Jamal, executive director of the St. Paul-based Somali Justice Advocacy Center. "He also thanked the people of Minnesota for hosting Somali immigrants in the state."

The Twin Cities is home to more than 25,000 Somali refugees, one of the largest populations of Somalis in the United States.

Somalia has had no functioning central government since clan-based warlords overthrew dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991. Warlords then turned on each other, plunging the country of 7 million into chaos.

The transitional government formed during peace talks in neighboring Kenya is now divided, after the president and prime minister set up operations about 60 miles northwest of Mogadishu, saying the capital was unsafe.

Coleman spoke with the Somali president by telephone Saturday, said Tom Steward, Coleman's spokesman.

"The senator pledged to continue his efforts to try to find common ground with all the factions involved there and urged the president to bring all sides together," Steward said.

Yusuf was in New York to address the U.N. General Assembly on Saturday.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

quote:Originally posted by Sky:

I remember when he visited Seattle some years ago as President of Puntland.

He didn't visit Seattle. He was supposed to come here but his advisors told him not to because we were ready to protest against him.

HORN -

Did Man with the Glasses (hehe) ever tell you about the time a Col Yeey representative came to visit our school with the intent of raising $5,000 from the Black Student Union (around the time Col Yeey was supposed to visit Seatown)? Apparently, he didn't know there were any Somali students at the school. So he thought he'd lie to the BSU and funnel the money to his Adeer (mind you, the Qardho massacre was still fresh in our minds then).

Anyways, Man with the Glasses called "the rep" and got his voicemail: "You have reached Puntland State of Somalia." Walahi I still remember that shit ka waran! Me and Man with the Glasses met up with him (just to see what he was about, right?) Dude showed us a map of Somalia where its divided into Somaliland, Puntland and then "Somalia."

Anyways, Man with the Glasses told him where he's from (tribally) and dude's jaw just dropped! LOL
Loool man ..!!! :D:D:D

Man with the Glasses never told about such an incident, but that is some funny stuff though. :D Qosol badanaa, that guy must go to one of our schools then huh? :D Let me guess either WSU or UW. :D

The speech was great.

While much of the countries of the world are struggling to meet their Millenium Development Goals, Somalia is struggling to stand on its feet.

The President talked liked a President.

Gabbal   

^^Using your criteria Abdiqasim Salad Hassan must be unreachable in that regard.

BTW the FBI drivers of his are rewarded to all national leaders visiting U.N headquarters, symbolic or not.

I would hope now that the effects of actually making a speech in the U.N has rubbed off, the president will come to realize the dire situation of his government and its tumultuous fall into decline.