Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

Watch President Yusuf addressing the UN-Summit's Plenary meeting tommorrow inshallah

Gabbal   

I am very interested to hear what Abdulahi Yusuf says to further his case among the international community. At the first comment about the need to counter 'argagaxiso" in Somalia, I will be more then disgusted enough..

OLOL   

I doubt if he would be able to get across any comprehensible message across due to his staggering heavy accent coupled with his notable illiteracy and philistinism. The convalescent old hag looks creepy and awkward. Because of his Parkinson disease affliction; I am sure he will be having hard time to even keep his shaky hands under control. Many of us will be embarrassed and mortified by being represented by such an unsophisticated mucker!!!

Xoogsade   
OLOL , It would be nice to have an educated man representing Somalis. But don't you think there is no discord here given the fact that A/Y represents an illitrate society who are backward thinking? The shoe fits and you must cut some slack for the Old Man saxib. Somalida waa wax la mid ah iyo wax ka liita, so it is not fair in my opinion to single him out for anything. I see him as a true reflection of our society, who we are as people.

Sky   

^^^ I don't believe illiteracy and backwardness comes to mind of a man who successfully completed his studies at the Staff College in Modena, the School of War (Staff & Command) in the Soviet Union and a degree in the Somali National University's Law School.

Posted on Monday, September 05 @ 10:28:31 CDT by adminisse

Source from allsomali.com

Born in December of 1934 in Galkayo, Mudugh Region of Central Somalia ( now a region in Puntland State of Somalia).

Married to Hawa Abdi Samater with four children: Mohamed, Mariam, Khadija and Ahmed of the same mother.

EDUCATION

Staff College, Italy, 1954-1957

School of War (Staff & Command), 1965-1968, Soviet Union.

Attended Law School, University of Somalia, 1977.

Holds a number of military decorations for bravery and leadership

POLITICAL & MILITARY CAREER

Corp Commander of the Somali National Army at rank of Lt. Colonel.

Officer-In-Charge of Department of Officers and Personnel of the Somali National Army.

Opposed the Military Coup of Dictator Siyad Barre, subsequently arrested by the regime for six years without court trial.

Following the ****** War of 1997-78 was among the officers attempting a change of the Government of Siyad Barre.

Formed the exile Somali Salvation Democratic Front (SSDF) in Ethiopia as its leader in 1978-1985.

Arrested by Dictator Mengistu Haile-Marian of Ethiopia for six years for opposing the latter’s policy on Somalia and diverging national interests.

Re-instated as SSDF leader in former Northeast Somalia following his prison release in Ethiopia in 1991.

One of five Co-chairmen of the National Salvation Council (the Sodere Group) in 1996-1997.

Elected President of Puntland State, 1998- Present

Has excellent working relations with the leaders of Ethiopia and Kenya.

Commands a high degree of admiration and influence throughout Somalia and beyond.

VISION FOR SOMALIA

A Federal State with stronger powers for the Provinces ( states).

A Somalia free from radicalism and religious extremism

A free market-oriented national economy.

A good neighbourly relation with the countries in the Horn of Africa.

A Stronger ties with the West.

PRINCIPLES, LIFE STYLE AND INTEGRITY

He has unmatched integrity and political consistency rarely found in political establishment.

He is unmatched, perhaps a unique African leader who is extremely anti-corruption and self-interest.

Being a non-smoker and non-drinker, he leads a modest and dignified life.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by MR ORGILAQE:

He is unmatched, perhaps a unique African leader who is extremely anti-corruption and self-interest.

Bisinka iyo Tabarak..sxb Illah ka cabsigina maka tagtey..? :confused:

Bisinka iyo Tabarak..sxb Illah ka cabsigina maka tagtey..? :D:D:D

saaxiib soomali hore ayaa waxey yiraahdeen

Tuug inta aan la oran tuug ayuu tuug kuyiraahdaa

ama

moroodi takarta saaran ma arkee tan maroodiga kale saaran ayuu arkaa :D:D

nice to know the state of your iimaan and i shall inshaalah pray for you

Obviosly Pres Yusuf is less educated than "Dr" Abdiqasin a man who holds a biology diploma from Moscow polytechnic???????

Give us a break people and listen to your elected President..

nuune   

School of War (Staff & Command), 1965-1968, Soviet Union

does he speak Russian, I know Qaasim speaks fluent Russian, I wonder if our president speaks Russian too, it is an honour for him to know that language since he lacks Arabic language which was a fundamental language to Somali leaders(past)

ps:Don't forget guys to tune into this afternoon, he will be speaking in few hours time!

Xoogsade   

So learning the doctrine of warfare and how to kill people is an education? It is a necessary skill vital to one's own defence and survival, however, such skill doesn't translate into an education the kind of which that makes a person a model citizen. A/Y was nothing but a pain to somali society and he is the first to start dismantling it by introducing insurrection and rebellion, the violent kind that ultimately somalis emulated. Aidid I suspect may have had the same education or more but he had nothing to show for it as well.

As for studying law, wasn't that the penal code of the italian colony intended as law for somalis?

War waa jaahil. But in fairness, others competing with him are no better. That is why I don't favour anyone or single him out. I give him what he earns through politics and chicanery. As long as he is not going to be violent, he is another somali man with the same ambition as that of his foes. Besides, reer mudug cilmi kastoo uu barto, the culture he brings to the table clouds any education he has. Waa qodax docda kaaga taagan weligaa. Unless they are Ahlu-towxid whose deeds are commandeered by their faith even though some of these ahlu-diin will always remain reer mudug themselves, they are failures. And I don't mean reer mudug to describe one single entity but anyone who hails from that region irrespective of tribe. I am simply biased against them although my grandfather left Galkacyo 85 years ago. I blame them for everything that is wrong with our country.

Quote: I blame them for everything that is wrong with our country.

I think i agree with you cause people from the south are know to be soft. It's the guys from mudug who are the hardcore for everything. From leadership to everything in between.

President of Colombia is addressing the UN-High Level Plenary Committee right now.

26 Head of States, Presidents, Prime ministers, kings ahead of President Abdullahi Yusuf.

Listening to the Spanish version don't have got any clue what he's talking about. Something concern terrorism and americans etc.

They've got their own problems with paramilitaries, terrorists and drug traffickers.