Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Pland presidential elections

In januari there will be presidential elections in DGSPL Pland state of Somalia. The three candidates that are most likely to win are:

- H.E. Muhammad Abdi Hashi [President of Pland]

- Gen. Mahammud Muse Hirsi [Chairman of PSC Pland Salvation Congress]

- Dr. Abdirahman Muhammad Farole [former DGSPL minister of finance under Abdullahi Yusuf]

Seeing these three gentleman's names make me think this is going to be a hard decision to make for the Pland parliament.

Who would you choose as the new president of Pland state of Somalia?

NGONGE   

This is not an attack on Puntland, so don’t jump the gun and treat it as such, saaxib. However, if Puntland is part of Somalia why does it need to have a “president� Wouldn’t the winner of this election be a mere governor? :confused:

Ngoonge, how many chancelors are there in Germany?

President is the title the people of Puntland want to give to the head of their state, and that is what it shall be.

As for me,Mohamed Abdi Hashi is my favoured candidate. My second is Cade Muse Boqor the rest are toast.

Smith is correct.

You see Ngonge, regarding the fact that you are my brother from the northwest let me tell it to you bluntly. In retrospect when Pland was founded in august 1st 1998 in Garowe, one of the goals was to undermine anti-patriotic elements in the northwest whom favor the notion of Sland. Suffice to say Pland took it's duty as Somalis to safeguard the unity of Somalia under the absence of a central government.

There are of course some other reasons, but this I find the most interesting.

Jumatatu   

In reference to the fact that there is a President of 'federal' Somalia, then how can one of its regions have an internal president..? Could it not be interpreted as possibly that Puntland does not recognise the federal parliament and its presidents, since it is still naming its head as a President as opposed to governor and forming its own parliament. Thus what is the role for the new federal parliament and its directives towards puntland..?

And my important question in here is how many regions are there in this Federal government...and where are the boundaries?

nuune   

And my important question in here is how many regions are there in this Federal government...and where are the boundaries?

In the federal government, there are two main regions.... Somali-Land and Punt-Land, there of course, would be more regional states to follow to sum up the federal system,

but these regions are waiting for the final signature to take the name federal state just like Somali-Land and Punt-Land

As for the boundaries, am very sure you know that very well smile.gif

BN   

I'm still holding out for Cawad, but otherwise Hashi would do it.

Jamu,

I suggest you not concern yourself with 'chaotic' Puntland. Nor should you confuse yourself with our strange form of governance.

NGONGE   

Heh. Saying that it wasn't meant as an attack seems to have been wasted :(

I suppose I'll have to take Smith's explanation. :D

Kowneyn   

Nationalist:

Puntland was about one thing and only one thing cabdillaahi yusuf's pursuit of power and the presidency of Somalia. The man is a typical pure opportunist african strongman. That is why he never endorsed the results of Carta etc.

^^

True that. But Puntland is also about making sure the Hargeisa Club doesn't infringe on the rights and property of Sool, Sanaag & Buuhoodle District! :D

I would've voted for the one and only Gen. Max'd Abshir Hamaan but he's too old and Abdullahi Yusuf's parasital politics forced him to retire early. In his absence, I'll take either P/land Pres Max'd Abdi Hashi or Gen. Cadde Muuse.

As far as the designator "President," its a choice. Max'd Abdi Hashi is a "regional president" within Somalia's supposed federal

system. Puntland never declared independence but maintained to safeguard its regional interests in a united way. I suppose in the South, they can have regions and the title of the head would be, "Warlord-General" as opposed to "Secretary-General." icon_razz.gif

Intel   

- H.E. Muhammad Abdi Hashi [President of Pland]

yep

Maxammed Cabdi xaashi deserves to stay as the presidet i reckon.

if not It gotto be uncle Cadde, we want 2nd chance :D

Kowneyn   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

^^

True that. But Puntland is also about making sure the Hargeisa Club doesn't infringe on the rights and property of Sool, Sanaag & Buuhoodle District!
:Dicon_razz.gif

That is yet to be determined. Now that the cabdillahi yusuf has his cake, he might eat it too ;) . Now that he has his dream job, who knows we might be able to resolve the whole thing by non-military means after all :D:D .

Checkmate, good suggestion mate. Unfortunately polls cannot be edited after they're posted. Perhaps babyface can help me out here eyh?

Ngonge, how on earth could you interpret my explanation as an attack? Ok the title president is chosen, because it has a nice ring to it. Oh lord...

Kowneyn, from your point of you it might look that way. But Abdullahi Yusuf wasn't carried to Pland presidency. From Galkayo to Bosaso he's the Atatürk of Pland. The headfigure of the SSDF the de facto backbone of Pland's government appratus. He defended the people of the northeast, brought them together and provided them peace and prosperity as the first president of Pland state of Somalia.