Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Housing boom in Puntland

Shirwac   

Originally posted by A..J. Timacaddeh:

A couple of fancy huts here and there hardly accounts for a housing boom does it?

:D Last time I checked couple meant "TWO" and there are more than two houses in those pics.

"USC technicals"

That should be the real concern. May be those houses should came with private militia along with their own technicals. Hey how came there are no visible roads between the houses? Talk about traffic headaches in the making.

Less than 10% of the people drive and 90% walk so what's the point of roads between houses.

But I guess in the long run when the population of people who drive gets greater that is going to be a problem but hey that is years away.

In the city of Gaalkacyo we built our own house which coast my family about 45,000. Now we are about to sale it for 65,000 the house is in the middle of the city and is on the road. It stands out becasue it's one of the biggest homes in the area. Most people new to the area think it's a hotel with 7 bedrooms and 4bathrooms and a drive way.

My mother is reer Gaalkacyo even though my dad is on clan lines but he grew up in the south reer Kismayo so we are builting homes in Kismayo at this moment. We are in the real estate business, But we are private real estate.

Gabbal   

My mother is reer Gaalkacyo even though my dad is on clan lines but he grew up in the south reer Kismayo so we are builting homes in Kismayo at this moment

Last time I knew aabe was born and bred in Ceel-Buur, mise it is the new fashion statement to illegitimately claim Kismaayo? :Dicon_razz.gif

I just came from Gaalkacyo Bosaso and Las Canod and i have been personally to the xaafad that another company is building which is called Eagle Construction company and is building 90 houses from three storey buildings to the new Gaalkacyo shopping centre called Golis and the new hotel in which President Abdulaahi opened in his tour of somalia this year called Capital Hotel. And this xaafad comes with already landscaped gardens done by phillipine workers saw them in bosaso also which did remarkle good job and also built a new fotball and a park in the xaafad. Regarding security they have 24 hours security guards and overall security is done by the police. Will upload soon of my trip to Puntland ......

Cheers :D:D

^^Can't wait sxb, please do feel free to not only post your photo's but also a full report of what you've seen.

Is Gaalkacyo as mad as people claim to be?

I've been told that 80-90% of the original inhabitants of that city are indeed somehow mad, they all have "Buufis".

Good to hear… guess we should all start buying, one problem thou, where are the street lights, proper cabling, sanitation ---- we need city planner, need I say more --- lets start reading Jane Jacobs and Architectural Digest --- we need city planners, and better looking building – just hoped more Somalis would venture out into these areas of study. Clearly there’s money to be made there.

Sky   

^UN-Habitat is busy with that bro. Its working with local governments of large cities in Puntland and Somaliland to work on town planning. Name streets, clear roads, identify city problems concerning water, electricity, green, infrastructure etc. This is definetily an issue that is being worked on.

About better looking buildings. I'm sure they are going to improve. The difference between the buildings in 2000 and today is a difference between night and day. Besides that, I'm working on that myself. Just wait and see. ;)

Wacdaraha Aduunka (nice name btw), I'll be waiting for your pics bro. I heard Capital Hotel is in the centre, which is a plus. Taar City Hotel is so far up north, Reer Gaalkacyood will say that even Bosasso is closer. Yoonis, everybody will confirm to you that the people of Gaalkacyo are nuts.

Camel Milk, same here bro. Most of my relatives are planning to go to Kismaayo once things settle down over there.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

quote: My mother is reer Gaalkacyo even though my dad is on clan lines but he grew up in the south reer Kismayo so we are builting homes in Kismayo at this moment

Last time I knew
aabe
was born and bred in Ceel-Buur, mise it is the new fashion statement to illegitimately claim Kismaayo?
:Dicon_razz.gifIt seems you are illedgitimately claiming Kismaayo. Warya my paps grow up in Kismayo and spend most of his life there and that's where he plans to end it also. My dad's third wife is reer gedo as you know she is in Kismayo my step brother is runing the business at the moment.

I think you need to visit Kismayo yourself and you will see who is runing things in the city.

Originally posted by Sky:

^UN-Habitat is busy with that bro. Its working with local governments of large cities in Puntland and Somaliland to work on town planning. Name streets, clear roads, identify city problems concerning water, electricity, green, infrastructure etc. This is definetily an issue that is being worked on.

About better looking buildings. I'm sure they are going to improve. The difference between the buildings in 2000 and today is a difference between night and day. Besides that, I'm working on that myself. Just wait and see.
;)

Wacdaraha Aduunka (nice name btw), I'll be waiting for your pics bro. I heard Capital Hotel is in the centre, which is a plus. Taar City Hotel is so far up north, Reer Gaalkacyood will say that even Bosasso is closer. Yoonis, everybody will confirm to you that the people of Gaalkacyo are nuts.

Camel Milk, same here bro. Most of my relatives are planning to go to Kismaayo once things settle down over there.

Waryaa sky things are settle enough for my family to do business Kismayo. The city is not as bad as most people think.

Gabbal   

War Kismaayo waa dhul ilaahaye, Soomaali idil oo dhane wee dagi karaane, qosolbaa iga keentay walee. :D

How did first wife get bumbed to third? I thought those kinds of things were chronological ( :D ), and when did Ceel-Buur, Galgaduud land on top of Kismaayo, Jubbada Hoose? :D

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

War Kismaayo waa dhul ilaahaye, Soomaali idil oo dhane wee dagi karaane, qosolbaa iga keentay walee.
:D

How did first wife get bumbed to third? I thought those kinds of things were chronological (
), and when did Ceel-Buur, Galgaduud land on top of Kismaayo, Jubbada Hoose?

Waryaa my mother is First!! anyone after her is whatever.

waryaa stop trying to change the topic. We were talking about housing.

Housing in Kismayo is from what i know worth 10,000 to 15,000 at the moment. That is a 4 to 5 bedroom. Restate in the city of Kismayo is going to boom just like Bosasso Gaalkacyo Laascaanood and Garowe in the months to come.

If any of you guys want a good House in the city of Kismayo or in Gaalkacyo contact me on my Somaliaonline e-mail and I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks bro (Sky) the thing is I was in Gaalkacyo in 2003 and just recently and there's is a very big difference. There's a new Bus terminal for buses to Kilinka 5 and the rest of Puntland. There's been a ban on Trucks and lorries in the city as they made too much noise and there's a xeero for these lorries outside the city, Sky you could work out the amount of lorries passing Gaalkacyo from the whole of Ethiopia, Southern Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. There's also 2 new control point in the city, the old one near Taar city Hotel has been taken to a place like 5km from Bacaadweyn which is like 35km from the city which shows u how the city has grown in past years. MOst people are not also that the economic co-operation agreement between Puntland and Ethiopia is active in which a new customs and security control post was built on the road to Galdogob and Hawd and Kilinka 5 and personally I have some personal experience from those customs officials suspecting everyone has contraband items with them. :D:D:D

The terminal is larger then those of the most recent pictures from Allpuntland and theres been like 150-200 date tress planted in the Airport almost identical gardens as the one in Bosaso's new Airport. :D

On the Entertainment side there's ''Riwaayad'' the somali version of a Night club which is every friday in Capital HOtel and every Thursday in Taar City Hotel and is quite nice with as it is live bands and the most recent band that came was the Dur Dur band from Addis Abba and costed $20, so its only rich kids afford it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What I also saw was an influx of somalis from Zone 5 in Gaalkacyo who moved in recently with the majority of them being Business men , and near the Airport they opened the Somali Federal State of Ethiopia Chamber of Commerce so that it would help the their citizens to do business in Puntland.

There's also several factories which amazed me as these are not even reported by the media, there's the Muktar 1 and 2 which both of them can slaughter 1000 heads of sheep per hour which is mainly send to the Gulf States but also Syria and Egypt by Air from the Airport.

There's the Ilo Tango plant which produces soft drinks and juices, The Shifo plant which produces bottled water which is sold all over Somalia but also to Ethiopia, the Ice cream plant opened by a former somali londoner and it produces 15 different ice creams (btw very nice flavours), Newly opened Carfoon plastic factory which does all the plastic bags in which somali's mostly carry chad with them which causes great effects on trees as they stuck on to them and lastly the Factory build by the Swedish Governmnet through Diakonia (very well-known NGO within puntlanders as they have done a lot for Puntlanders) and is owned by the local government which produces windows, doors and other decorations. Wonder where all the the money goes as the local council owns the Galkayo Water Authority also(55% share in it) plus the revenues from the Airport and taxes????

The pictures are coming having some problem with my camera but soon inshalaah. Cheers :D

Sky   

Latest pictures of Bosasso 1 project plus commentary. Bosasso 2 and Gaalkacyo 1 have allready begun and are expected to be an improvement quality wise compared to Bosasso 1 (and more expensive).

DSCF0012.JPG

Sawirka waa Qayb ka mid ah Block A waaxdeeda Koonfureed.

DSCF0011.JPG

Sawirkani waxaa ka muuqada meesha ay ka bilaabato Guryaha Block A qaybtooda Koonfureed,waxa ayna sii taxan yihiin ilaa iyo meesha fog ee uu muuqaalka guryaha madaxa cas ay ka muuqadaan.

DSCF0010.JPG

Sawirkan waa Halka ay isaga yimaadaan Block A & Block C Qaybahooda Galbeedka xaafada.wadada hada idiin muuqata waa wadadii loogu talo galay laamiga in la mariyo, sandaqadaha bulukeetiga ka samaysan ee idiin muuqdaana waa la dumin doonaa oo halka ay shaqaaalha shirkada ay alaabta haraaga ah ay ku guraan.

DSCF0019.JPG

Waxaa halkaan nasiib u yeeshay inuu ku dabaasho qofkii Hillaac Guri ku leh, maxaa yeelay Soomaaliya inta badan lagama isticmaalo waaskadan lagu qubaysto.

DSCF0023.JPG

Muuqaalkaan sida aadka u quruxda badan leh waa qayb ka mid ah guryaha Block C qaybteeda Barigs xaafada Hillaac.

DSCF0024.JPG

Bal hada Boosaaso Daawo Dacalada Kani waa muuqaalka guryaha Vilooyinka Hillaac Boosaaso,marka laga sawiro gudaha barandada horteeda.

DSCF0025.JPG

RedSea   

Salamu calaykum,

First of all I want to thank the brother who posted this.

Secondly, I want to crtize someone of the nomads who stand for the ruining of the good mood, like Shirwac. Shirwac please go find something else to do, you are still trapped in the barrel of the gun while people are building up their houses.

Finally, since we have started talking about housing booms in our homeland, let me just post few of my own city if you don't mind. This is about homeland right? here they are, see for yourself. http://www.whitesandvillage.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=55

http://www.daryeel.com/gallery.htm

http://www.unieco.co.uk/Photos.asp

salamu calaykum.