Sign in to follow this  
AUN

HADRAAWI is campaigning for Somaliland union with the rest of Somalia

N.O.R.F   

"overactive imagination or poetic hallucinations"!!! the exact same can be said for others, u get me?

SUBURBAN   

baashi oh brother baashi, you've replied to but not answered Notherner's 6 questions.

Q1. You just ducked.

Q3. You don't know.

Q4. You don't know

Q6. You don't get it.

in reply to Q2 you say 'no one is saying let's unite before stability' which changes to 'why not wait united' as solution to Q5.

i'll try Q6 as i understood it. After all the dust has settled, do you expect somalilanders to say 'we missed you so much or we are bloody better off without you lot'?.

This is a battle of hearts and minds and i don't think landers are convinced.

by the way i hope somalia gets stable soon but that is not the only pre-condition for unity, if they will be any unity. no one is waiting for recogtition landers are just getting on with their business.

somaliland is already a different country from somalia. the sooner the reality sinks in, the better for some.

Gediid   

I tend to enjoy a healthy constructive debate when I see one.This is one of those moments when I sit back with my cup of coffee and read both sides of the argument.Baashi and Northern both are doing a helluva job articulating their points of course till someone comes along to disrupt that intellectual flow.Xassan whatever his name is one such person who can't seem to sit back and read arguments of a higher calibre,instead he has to resort to name calling and branding people zealots and traitors tho I hardly think he understands what these two words mean in their literall sense.Please people if you have nuthing intelligent to say please keep it to yourself,like Somalis say Af Daboolan Waa Dahab

Mahad Saniid

SamiGyrl   

Ohh Bashi Horn Afrik where are your replies to this question?

Xagad ku Gabanysaan?

Come out, Come Out wherever you are!!!

-SamiGyrl

Baashi   

S_Nomad, Sami, and Libaax

I answered all of them in my last post. Didn't I? It is on the 3rd page. Perhaps not to the satisfaction of the S_Nomad who seems to expect answers that confirm his view on these questions.

N.O.R.F   

Court declares winner of Somaliland election

May 11 2003 HARGEISA, Somaliland, - Somaliland's constitutional court on Sunday declared Dahir Rayale Kahin president of the Somaliland for the next five years, following disputed April elections.

Click here for More News Here

The leader of the main opposition party said he rejected the court's ruling, but urged people to remain calm.

Somaliland, which declared independence in 1991 but is not recognised internationally, held its first multi-party presidential election on April 14.

On April 19, incumbent Kahin was declared the winner by just 80 votes, but a major opposition party disputed the result.

After examining evidence from both parties, regional reports and the National Electoral Commission (NEC), the constitutional court said Kahin got 205,590 votes, 217 more than main opposition challenger Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo.

"We have seen differences between the regional reports and that of the NEC and as such based our ruling on the majority of votes from the regions," court chairman Said Farah told a court packed with officials, public and press.

Kahin said he would ensure he represented both his supporters and opponents. But hours later, Silanyo held a news conference to say he was unhappy with the result.

"We will have a party meeting," he said. "I appeal to the people to be calm and preserve peace and stability."

More policemen were deployed around Hargeisa, capital of the enclave, to prevent any disturbances. The city remained calm.

Somaliland declared independence after the overthrow of Somali President Mohammed Siad Barre in 1991, when the central government in the Horn of Africa nation disintegrated and there was an explosion of factional fighting.

Source: (Reuters)

So be it, lets just hope UDUB do things for the ppl and not for the chosen few!

Hibo   

Assalamu aliakum

It is my first time i saw somalis debating in civilized way..everyone has his or her views and it is not necessary to be same with rest of the poeple , if you guys believe something speak your mind.

if hadraawi really said that , it is his own views and he is not alone ,there are people believe what hadraawi believes.Because in somaliland people have FREE OF SPEECH.

Yasynca

hadrawi is one man, true but he is well respected somaliman. there a lot of people who agree with him. if hargaysa likes to be next japuuti she should go for it but what next after that bariland jubaland jiniland oh yea.

iam forget iam from x land.

Haystak   

For quit some time now, a hot topic of debate within our community has been Somalia V.S Somaliland, and the Northerners right to claim sovereignty. Since May 18, 1991, so called Somaliland has been a self governed state. Although still not recognized by any other government, except maybe Ethiopia “a long time supporter of a divided, weak Somalia” the self proclaimed government of the Northern region of Somalia, have been persistent in their efforts in winning international recognition. Many ask how dare they claim to be independent from the rest of Somalia. Other ask what brought them to this point, where they no longer want to rebuild what has been destroyed with their fellow country people. Well, you can get many different answers for these questions, so I’ll share with you what I think about all this mess. People from the North say they were betrayed by the Southerners, and can never forgive them for the lose of 500,000 human lives, they suffered in 1988. Ok…to be sympathetic, 500,000 lives is a great lose. However, a million plus, and still counting is an even greater lose, and I’m sure no one can disagree. Yes…losing 500,000 lives at the hands of other Somali people is a terrible thing, however, losing a million plus, and still counting at the hands of other Somalis is even worst. What I’m trying to say is...people from the North make it seem as if only they saw the effects of this civil war, that some how mysteriously destroyed the whole nation. People still die in Mogadishu…and the ones that live to see another day, still face the reality of hunger. Let’s be honest, the South has seen the worse of the worse of what this war has to offer, however, they still have the courage to talk about rebuilding Somalia…may I add a united Somalia including all the five points of the star, with all Somalis. If more lives were lost in the South, more women raped in the South, more orphans in the South, more hungry in the South, then where do the Northerners get the audacity to even declare themselves sovereign, because of 500,000 lost lives? That to me is not only ignorant, it’s also selfish. What’s really funny is…many in the North say they will never rejoin a “GREATER SOMALIA” because the 500,000 they lost in 1988…15 years ago, is unforgivable. However, they go on to say, if the capital city of a “GREATER SOMALIA” is Hargeysa…then all of a sudden 500,000 isn’t as much anymore. This makes one wonder...how genuine the whole claim to sovereignty the Northerners are claiming, because of past betrayals, really is. Fact…people in Somalia in general, die and go hungry everyday, however, “Somalilanders” wants to cry about 500,000 lost lives, which were lost nearly two decades ago. Ogadenia is Africa’s own case of Palestine. Ethiopian invaders systematically killing hundreds…thousands every year, day, hour, minute. However, that doesn’t matter much; because 500,000 lost lives in the North is a much greater issue…so great it’s worth claiming sovereignty over. The ironic twist though is…the same people saying they want a fresh start, and want nothing to do with a greater Somalia, elect people directly linked with the regime that has done the people of the North so wrong. Mohamed Egal…peace be upon his soul, held many positions in the former government. Heck, the current president Dahir Riyaale was in the former Siad Barrie regime…as a matter of fact he was even in charge of an intelligence organization set up by Siad Barrie…the (SSN), which was responsible for the kidnappings and killings of many people in the North, however, that’s the leader they choose to start off fresh today. If the people of the North are willing to forgive, and forget the pasts of their leaders…then they should forgive and forget the past problems they’ve faced with other Somalis. Look, the only real solution is, for all sides to come back to the round table, and talk shit out. Somaliland, Punt land, Jubbaland, My-Land, Your-land…all that shit won’t fly. Somali people have seen enough BS…to help them walk a straighter path today Insha Allah. I’m not here trying to specifically pick on Somaliland. However, every other break away region…including all their major figures, show up to all the reconciliation meetings…everybody except representatives from Somaliland. The only way we can ever move on, and come to an understanding, is through dialogue.

SamiGyrl   

Ok lets talk about what you wrote.

First you make it seem like 500,000 lives isnt worth 1,000,000 of your died, firstly, Most of the death and mayhem that is going on now happened afterwards (after siyad left).

Soo let me see your arguement is "Somalia was equally bad for everyone so please stay"?

Now shouldnt that tell you why we left, why we left isnt about death its about the way you (Southerners) think.

Some how the time frame in which things happened, and how many lost makes a difference was to why we should stay?

Secondly OUR notice the "our" PResident was elected so please hodl your tongue on that issue, atleast people voted freely, when you have a democracy I can see how you could argue with him, but then again what do a bunch of Moriyaan have to say to an elected official?

It wasnt just the war that lead to things, it was years of built up frustrations, and the mind set of people in the Somalia, be honest with yourselves for once, everything that is happening now is what you did and worse to others, no doubt, but no logical human being would conclude that since not enough lives were lost in Somaliland, or that since Somaliland and its people havent being going through the same bull that Somalia has been going through that it should join, its because of these reasons that Somaliland should stay away, and is away.

-Citizen Sami

king_450   

I hear nothing but good deeds about this man called "Hadraawi" i blv he is one of the best somali poets, and a good one, i hear that he has been put under house arrest by the former dictatorship regime in somalis, so one must read the individual before we disagree or agree, i think he knows what he is talking about, so i raise my hat to the gentleman no matter what tribe he belongs, he deserve to be heard.

king_450   

well i am a recent member for this site, and like i said so many times , i think the site is a good one,but for the past two day i have been noticing a lot of restriction being put to one's freedom of expression, i do agree that we must respect one another and express our opinion no matter what without insulting each other,but my god i am ready to give back my Nomad badge, if the moderators keep doing the hidden job of discouraging ppl not to speak, yes we don't have to inuslt each other ,but we must show one another what is in our dirty minds, it is the healthy debate, if i am being disagreed and even receive a second notice about being too expressive ,then i think i do not belong this site, but have enjoyed very much. Good luck all

i being lander can not phantom seeing our country divided! i wanna share one thing with yall. one day when i was doing a research i came across an ole map showing the whole somalida which included djbouti, western somali and nfd!

(does anyone remember nfd)dah!man i tellya, my blood rushed to head and i got dizzy!

this was the most amazing feeling, it really brought tears to my eyes!

4ever 1 country under the sun! amen!