Sign in to follow this  
AUN

HADRAAWI is campaigning for Somaliland union with the rest of Somalia

SamiGyrl   

PLEASE STOP DISCUSSING TRIBAL ISSUES HERE. WE MADE IT VERY CLEAR THAT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MENTION OF A SOMALI QABIIL NAME ON OUR SITE. THERE ARE OTHER WEBSITES THAT ALLOW YOU TO HAVE THESE KIND OF DISCUSSIONS AND WE GLADLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO VISIT AND POST YOUR COMMENTS THERE.

THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER AND WE EXPECT ALL OF YOU TO RESPECT OUR RULES. IT IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT YOU BROKE OUR RULES.

ADMIN.

[ May 05, 2003, 20:51: Message edited by: Admin ]

Blessed   

Originally posted by Northerner:

round and round we go, the same ppl are for the same independence while the same others are for the same unification.

new articles are produced just for the sake of argument, no matter how accurate and concise, but at what price, to get one over on the opposite side?

looooooooooooooool Babes, It is quite exhausting isn't it?

*yawns*

Baashi   

Northern and Ameenah,

This is a forum...is it not? Why preach silence for selected topics. Or are you in the business of establishing a new moral imperative for this forum. Are debate, discussion, and argument interchangeble words? Notice you were part of these exhausting redundacies you seem to disdain now.

Duality of some characters in this forum is getting apparent wallahi. No offence intended!

Rakim   

Baashi and HornAfrique

Brothers..Both of you seem to be very thoughtful people and I suggest you not to debate those who are spreading their local administration more as a nation day in and day out. The bottom line is Somaliland is a local name Between Hargeisa to Burco and its influence and propaganda exist solely in the minds of one single tribe. If you ever debate with them, you'll only end up losing your precious time and there's nothing to gain from them. They can't take the reality because of their very narrow minded mentality.

Baashi   

Rakim and Akhyaarta kale,

I don't belittle nomads here nor I ridicule them. I think pro-secession nomads here have a case to present. They also have a cause. I'm just questioning the logic and rationale behind that cause. LANDER is unsuccessfully trying to make a case. So far he is making a case that reveals how injudicious that cause has become. Samygrrl is very honest and very passionate young lady and she really beleives in that cause. I respect all of them. If I have something to say I write a peice and if I don't have anything to contribute I stay away without stepping anybody's toe.

Humility is a good virtue.

LANDER   

Well Baashi,

I’ve read your previous reply and I it was obvious to me that you either like to ignore my ideas or more likely, you simply do not understand what I’m talking about. When you failed to comprehend the idea of “Building blocks” that I was presenting to you, you decided to come up with your own interpretation of what I said. Putting words in my mouth and using old prejudices are the methods you’re using to make your own arguments. But what is the point of trying to respond to your arguments that are suppose to be a response to my own, except they really are a response to your own interpretation. Do you see where I’m going with this? I am all for logical debates, but first there must be some understanding of each other’s points of view. That is why I never bothered to respond.

Now you say “Lander is unsuccessfully trying to make his case”. Granted that you are the judge of your OWN presumed debate with me. Would you agree with me that you would first have to understand my so called “case” before you jump to your own conclusions?

N.O.R.F   

Lander sxb, you hit the nail on the head right there!

Anti s/land crew are always twisting the words in favour of there own version of events.

Baashi, discussions are not a repetition of the same old questions with the same old answers, if you have anything new to contribute then go ahead but if your just hear to discredit the standing of SOMALILAND (which i am SURE thats yr sole purpose on this topic)ppl tend to see through that like seeing the sun through the window ie very easy!

There is one question i have asked a number of times without any answers from yr self and others, that q was why talk about re-unification with the state that Somalia is in at the moment? How do u think Somalia can rid it self of its problems? How long do u think this will take? Do u expect Somaliland to wait? How lond do u expect Somaliland to wait? If it does happen do u think we will welcome u with open arms?

Yr alwyas talking about the legitimacy of Somaliland lets now turn the tables and talk of the legitimacy of Somalia and whether it is in a position to to re-unite!

Ps and answer the qs plz!

Blessed   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Northern and Ameenah,

This is a forum...is it not? Why preach silence for selected topics. Or are you in the business of establishing a new moral imperative for this forum. Are debate, discussion, and argument interchangeble words? Notice you were part of these exhausting redundacies you seem to disdain now.

Duality of some characters in this forum is getting apparent wallahi. No offence intended!

I beg your pardon :confused:

I never said that you couldn't debate or discuss this issue. In fact, I have on occasions encaruaged such debates or exchange of ideas rather.

However, It appears to me that certain individuals enjoy this constant ineffective and unhelpful back and forth argumentation.

It is clear that the two sides will never see things the same way. So why not agree to disagree? These topics only severe the conflict between our people, if ya'll really want unity then it wouldn't kill to adopt uniting attitudes. Making covert qabiilist insinuations is really counter productive to peace and unity.

Every year our leaders go on peace talks, every year they return without a solution. And you know why, it isn't due to our qabiil differences but our lack of tolerance and respect for each other and the lack of commitment to peace in the country.

It is sad to see young and apprently educated nomads resorting to the same political crap that got us to this state in the first place.

As for Independence and Unity .... Only time will tell! There is no need to argue and stress over something that we really don't have any controll over.

Unless ya'll just wanna argue for the sake of arguement ... which is cool but must it be so repetitive?

Baashi   

LANDER and Northerner,

Was I surprised when you both accused me of predilection? I couldn’t help smiling to myself; it was all so predictable. This is one of these cases where no matter what you say about the subject you stand poised to be accused.

LaANDER, what is this: “Your OWN presumed debate with me” thing and this “What is the point of responding your argument…” Go back page 2 on this thread and look yourself! I was commenting Majdi’s piece when you started addressing me. What do we make of your descent into outright arrogance?

Northerner, Am I here to discredit the standing of SOMALIND people? And worse you are so sure of it because you know, you said, that is my sole purpose to the effect that people can see through me just as sun can be seen through window glass! Is opposition to the secession amounts to that? No wonder you readily applaud LANDER’s rabble-rousing tactics.

These questions of yours are relevant ones and I’m willing to take them up in another place. Before I do that are these the same old questions you thought are repetitious? So you are willing to receive the same old answers. Or you all of sudden concluded that there are more questions on this subject that need to be answered. Very interesting!

Ameenah,

It is either we abandon all pretence to see this forum as open and free (provided we follow the rules) or we demand a certain minimum space to discuss, debate, argue, or even repeat ourselves if we wish.

Granted there are folks who always resort tribal insinuations and fortunately moderators are here to warn them. Forums are not formal. In fact, one should expect all kind of characters to show up. Let others ‘argue’ to death as long as they want without your ‘yawns’ or sarcasm.

Blessed   

^^^I guess thats a fair point. You have every right to argue with each other over anything you wish. I take my comments back. Ku butaaca --- enjoy smile.gif

In Sha Allah Khair, We'll reach a positive conclusion some day :cool:

i dont know hadraawi

i never heard of hadraawi

i dont care about hadraawi

but i think that i am gonna

like him/her if hes 4 the 5

somalis! AMEN!

***ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE****

N.O.R.F   

Baashi, firstly, the qs i asked were never answered at first, and they have not been answered again, Yr williness to always by-pass these questions shows that yr case for re-unification is all alot of BS as the required answered can be provided due to the simple fact that Somalia is way behind in terms peace and stability.

This is one of these cases where no matter what you say about the subject you stand poised to be accused. Accused of what? Of yr outright contempt for the way S/land has been able to form a stable and effective society? Of yr repeated cries for re-unification which are baseless to the point that u can not even provide one positive aspect about why/how/when Somalia can/will/may be re-united?

Give me a break brother and start talking about the subject being discussed, just look at yr last two posts, there is nothing there whatsoever in relation to the topic, however yr assessing the ways in which ppl are percieving u, to me that just furthers my argument that u have nothing to go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring me something that shows me u have a point to prove but dont tell me the sky is not blue! which what yr trying to convince me of at the moment.

ANALYSE THAT!

Paragon   

Of yr repeated cries for re-unification which are baseless to the point that u can not even provide one positive aspect about why/how/when Somalia can/will/may be re-united?

Well argued/questioned.

PS: Just giving credit where its due.

Baashi   

Northerner,

War bal mucjisadan! Obviously you have not read my take on the subject. In your last 2 posts you made crystal clear that anyone who challenges the secession and its political implication for Somalia has ignoble motives. I’m either out to “discredit” people in the area or I have “outright contempt” for the way they handle themselves in this trying time…that’s all you see in my posts. And when I pointed out your character assassination…you just come right back to it and added that I’m only assessing the way people perceived me! For the moment I have little option but to regard your allegations about me or my take on the subject as a proof that you may be prone to either an overactive imagination or poetic hallucinations!!!

As to your questions (in bold) that you so eagerly wanted be answered …let’s cut to it. First the burden of proof is on the pro-secessionist. They have to show to Somalis and to international community why secession? why not embrace regional autonomy (if Somalia is way behind) just as Puntland did? You have 12 yrs that proves that the absence of recognition doesn’t inhibit peace and progress.

Why/how/when Somalia can/will/may be re-united? (same as below)

Why talk about re-unification with the state that Somalia is in at the moment? Because that is the goal and must be spelled out and articulated in a way that gives nomads a vision and a road map. It is true that Somalia is a mess. We are picking the pieces and we trying to put them back together(building block approach). It may take time but that is a goal worth sacrificing for. Mind you! no one is saying lets unite before we attain stability. We are rather trying to convince the pro-secessionists to abandon the secession.

How do u think Somalia can rid it self of its problems? I don’t know. But one solution I exclude is balkanizing the country or dividing it into two. I think that’s counter-intuitive.

How long do u think this will take? I don't know. My hunch is soon we’ll have some sort of government and hopefully it will be better than this anarchy.

Do u expect Somaliland to wait? Yes. Part of it had already made that commitment. Why not wait united, inclusive, strong Somalia if you are willing to wait a recognition that’s not in sight. After all they both are dreams.

If it does happen do u think we will welcome u with open arms? I don’t get it.