Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

SA, Nigerian troops to Somalia

NASSIR   

SA, Nigerian troops to Somalia

Nairobi,March 23, 2005- Nigeria and South Africa are willing to send troops to back a controversial deployment of regional peacekeepers to Somalia, a senior Kenyan official said on Wednesday.

The two military giants responded favourably to a request from Kenya, the host of the Somali transitional government in exile, to assist the seven-nation east African Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (Igad) in setting up the peacekeeping mission, the official said.

"As our big brothers, we appealed to both Nigeria and South Africa to send troops ... and they are willing," Peter Ole Nkuraiya, the permanent secretary of Kenya's foreign ministry told AFP.

It was not immediately clear when or even if forces from Nigeria and South Africa would join the Igad mission of up to 10 000 troops which is expected to be replaced eventually by a broader African Union (AU) operation.

However, Nkuraiya said he believed Nigerian and South African troops would be on the ground to work with the first deployment of two battalions of Igad soldiers from Sudan and Uganda which could be deployed as early as next month.

Warlords

Meanwhile, Eritrea said it would not contribute troops to the Igad operation but may participate in the larger AU force.

Precise details of the mission are still being worked out amid a bitter dispute over the composition of the force within the transitional Somali government, whose relocation from exile the mission is intended to help.

Fierce opposition to the participation of neighbouring countries Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya in the force prompted a bloody brawl in the Somali parliament last week.

Amid continuing disputes, several Mogadishu warlords in the Somalia cabinet said Wednesday they wanted President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed impeached for his insistence that the three countries be included, and his desire to set up the government outside the bullet-scarred capital.

John Koech, Kenya's minister for regional co-operation, said Wednesday that despite the rancour, he believed the Somalis were serious about relocating to their homeland.

"I am optimistic that the government will relocate," he told reporters. "Although they fought in parliament last week, it does not mean the Somali people are not willing to relocate.

"Let's not be discouraged by a few problems like the fighting," Koech said.

Nkuraiya said Igad - which comprises Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, Uganda and nominally Somalia - had agreed not to let the Somali peace process collapse.

"If all goes as planned, the first group of Somalis will relocate from Kenya on April 1, but if there is need to change the date we shall do that," Nkuraiya said.

Source: News24.COM

xamar   

Ugandans? Nigerians?

What possibly do we have in common with these people?

Before If nigerian troops come how cna they come to people that seems them as "blacks"??

Uganda? a countrey that has an aids rate of 33%??

Somalia is one of the ancient races of africa , A rase that was known in ancient egypt, I dont understand how bantus/jareer will make peace in somalia.

I all somalis solve this issue between themselves, May Allah give us peace between our hearts!

raula   

^^^your thinking is as eroded as your linguistic capabilities. You dont only need help but also some Psycho-analytic restructuring my dear.

Allaha kuu gargaaro for your sake-with such mentality. Jareer or not-they are your fellow africans (otherwise migrate from the continent :rolleyes: ) and many whom are innocent muslims as well.

Ma'salaama.

xamar   

Originally posted by raula:

^^^your thinking is as eroded as your linguistic capabilities. You dont only need help but also some Psycho-analytic restructuring my dear.

Allaha kuu gargaaro for your sake-with such mentality. Jareer or not-they are your fellow africans (otherwise migrate from the continent :rolleyes: ) and many whom are innocent muslims as well.

Ma'salaama.

How should I call sub saharan africa? The term sub saharan africa is a term for the black africa, mainly the jareer.

Sister, The only thing I am saying that Uganda, Nigeria and these people who have there own problems are unable to solve the somali problems.

raula   

U are right on the notion that fellow africans are indeed unqualified for this job-however, 'planting' the AIDS issue on the desperation of somalis seeking a resolution to disarming is incongruous. Ofcourse Iam not refuting that Uganda has statistically rates at the top on the epidemic but who knows their military capabilities(which I dont even believe any of those SUB-SAHARAN countries whether military "rich" are able to supply any humanitarian aid to somalia).

My point was to pin-point that some blinkered somalis regarding the "JAREER ISSUE" will 'throw their hats off' to the AMERICAN/European intervention of peace keeping in somalia and disarming schemas, who by historically proved successful in reverting the "SAVAGES" to christianity and other dominions; rather than thier fellow africans (although they-Africans-might be a channel to christianizing the somalis; a duty mandated by the 'masters'-the colonists of African countries).

Charity begins at home. Only Allah s.w. can save us from 'hell unfolding on earth'.

ninko oo jeri waxaas dhahi! af male kaami muufu!!

if a house is burning, u dont pour gas on it, u dropwater on it!!

now, u gonna bring dhagxaahanti nigeriada and ugandiiska! (retards of these nations... ruala, u gonna help them after they have a 12 pack!!) to a country so prone to hiv epidemics!!

only think i see these morans contributing is more hiv infections, ugly babes, and their deaths when they get ambushed after they get drank like how only a african can drink to like theirs no tomorrow!!

may be u folks who can run accross the borders, wipe out their hidden nationalities, should be not be yapping about somalia's future!! go back to where you came from and leave SOMALIA TO TRUE SOMALIAS!! MALI4EVER!! amin!!

:mad: :mad:

bilan   

xamar i think you are suffering from inferiority complex, i did not know some somalis consider themselves to be "whites" :confused: . whether you like it or not there is no difference between nigerians and somalis,both are blacks and africans plus it is not right to insult other people,it is very childish,you would not like other people calling you names, if you believe that somali race are superior to others,then how come the reality on the ground does not support you,those people that you're calling jareer atleast have a country and government. you can write your views without putting others down. :D

Gabbal   

may be u folks who can run accross the borders, wipe out their hidden nationalities, should be not be yapping about somalia's future!! go back to where you came from and leave SOMALIA TO TRUE SOMALIAS!! MALI4EVER!! amin!!

.. What the hell was that supposed to be... :confused:

After 14 years of civil war, any attempt to bring peace to somalia is worth. I too dont like having foriegners coming to somalia, watever their nationalites. But the reality of today is that the country wud be fat better if there was outside intervention. This is becuz the current warlords are benefiting from lack of government.

Of course we dont share any culture or tradition to other black african countries other than Horn of africa countries (eriteria, ethiopia, djibouti) but that doesnt mean these countries cant help. And the issue with AIDS, the peace keeping troops arent going there to marry somali woman so the fears are exagerated to say the least.

NASSIR   

Somalis should be indebted to these troops. They are helping us. They are helping the institutions of our fragile governmnet. They will not go to Somalia to disarm but to protect the institutions of the government. We have to disarm our militia. That is what most of us who are engaged in this discussion are missing and having difficult to sort out the misconceptions on the agenda of IGAD deployment.

raula   

^^^the Aqua waters of the port is pleasing sight for this weiry eyes :D

RUDY

now, u gonna bring dhagxaahanti nigeriada and ugandiiska! (retards of these nations... ruala, u gonna help them after they have a 12 pack!!) to a country so prone to hiv epidemics!!

only think i see these morans contributing is more hiv infections, ugly babes, and their deaths when they get ambushed after they get drank like how only a african can drink to like theirs no tomorrow!!

hehehehehehehe-UGLY babes, oh so now somalis are ANGLES on earth is it? then why have we even superseded the brutal massacres that entailed in CONGO during the Leopolds' regime :confused: :eek:

"running across the borders"-RUDY wat do you consider yourself-A Benevolent venture to the west to serve your personal interest(school, economic attainment etc)? if you weren't a naive nationalist who was chased with a machete from your homeland? Why dont you go back to your COUNTRY? (OH! I forgot-nowdays SOMALIA is just a partition to the south of HORN OF AFRICA).

Bro Rudy-my nationality is clear-and I dont have to wear the Bandana to prove it. But I despise arrogant, ego-seded, superflaws snobs like you who think OTHER AFRICANS (and Iam somali by the way icon_razz.gif ) are MONKEYS are disease-ridden. Stick to what you know-MUCHACHOS, SALSA, TAMALES, and your "shrewd history" I say redface.gif

so was crackin' RANDY-oops RUDY.

look all i am saying is that u must be!

a) born in maliland..to be a citzen!

THATS IT!

DONT WORRY IF U BORN OUTSIDE!! WE GIVE yall A BLUE CARD!! LOL.. AFTER 10 YRS OF HARD LABOR, U CAN QUALIFY WITH GOOD BEHAVIOR!! WE CANT EXCEPT CRIMINALS OF OTHER SOCIETIES JUST LIKE THAT!!

Exception to the Rule:

YOu marry a foreigner, U dont qualify to be a Mali-citzen at all!!

adios xalimos!! lol.. half of San Diego gets disqualified!! lol

Nigerians have their own problems! Ugandans are this!

Cut the crap. Below the skin, all those who argue and demean fellow Africans are admitting to their hidden emotional issues that seem to favor Whites - maybe if "Americans" came all would be better?

People are people. Nigerians and Ugandans have their own problems - so do Europeans and Americans. What do all these nations have in common? They all have governments, leaders and laws. We don't - at least not in the centralized sense.

And Somalis are solving their own problems. Whatever foreign peacekeepers that arrive on Somali soil will be at the discretion of Somali military commanders who know the people, the land, the culture, and the religion. Peacekeepers won't do something they're not supposed to - for they know ALL Somalis will turn against them and they'll soon find themselves cornered from all directions. Somalia isn't Congo - we don't have the "dulqaad" some other cultures have.

Its quite simple:

A) You want change: you support foreign intervention to disarm thousands of militias.

B) You want the status quo to continue: you oppose foreign intervention and pray for the day inter-clan violence resumes.

Problem is, 1991 has come and gone. We've all seen war - there are no winners. Just losers, lots of lost sons and a myriad of DAMBI. Time to move on - ETHIOPIANS ARE NOT COMING. So, why are some still crying?