Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Organ donation!

Bachelor   

Hello my nomads!

A)Suppose you have very slim chance of serviving alive. Are you willing donate your organ to someone who is in need and/or might live longer if he/she gets an organ transparent. If so to whom will you donate?

B)For those who have a deep knowledge in Islamic study How does Islam view organ transparent? Please if you dont have a deep knowledge dont just guess skip this Question since there is not "i think or i guess" in this diin.

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.

------------------

Hibo   

1 . I'd definately donate them and to WHOM doesn't really matter...just the 1st person who needs it.

2 . biggrin.gif ... I think I'll leave this 4 the few that get all worked up about religious issues.

Hibo   

This is a fascinating and mind grabbaling issue for young aware Muslims in the West.

When I was Med school (not quite long time ago) I was faced with plethora of issues, among those was this subject matter. I indeed researched in with considerable difficulty.

But after reading some Fiqh Fatwaa from a prominent Scholars who are not only Scholars of Fiqn but also attempt to address the social contemporary issues that face our Umah; I came around loads of Ulluma.

Most of these agreed upon the prohibition of donating an organ of your body. The Judicial reasoning behind this judgement is that WE ARE NOT THE MASTERS OF OUR BODIES. WE ARE MERELY TEMPORARY HOLDERS. CONSEQUENTLY YOU CANNOT GIVE AWAY SOMETHING YOU DON’T OWN REGARDLESS OF HOW NOBEL THE CAUSE IS.

If you want to look into this, just try to find any Medical Fatwaa. The likes of Sheekh Abu Bakar Al-Aljasa’iri who is A Saudi Sheikh would satisfy your thirst.

valish   

This issue came very personal to me couple of months ago, and the following is my answer!

1) I've never considered this issue before, but an event took place that made me change my mind about it and I'm a donar now, and who gets doesn't really matter to me as long as they realy need it.

2)Is it Islamicly correct? Better question to answer is, are muslims allowed to accept donated vital organs for their survival? If the answer is yes, then if muslims can accept organs why can't donate them?

Oocyte   

A)Yes I would donate to anyone who is in need of that organ and will be suitable for it.

B)Islam allows Organ transplantation with the exception of reproductive organs such as ovaries and testis, and with the condition that donation should be FREE! Majority of Muslims agree in this.

Indhadeeq,

Masha Allah...

BTW, It is the operation and medications that are expensive, the organs are given for free. In developing countries some ppl sell their organs esp kidneys.

Bachelor   

Farah!

Thanks alot for the enligthenment that you have give up jaza'ak allahu khayer.

Indhadeeq!

WOW! If one needed the definition of "freind" in the dictionary i hope your pic will appear. What can i say. That is what i call a "REAL FREIND". Question tho. Indha how do you feel with one kideny?

A7LA-SHU   

woow i see alot of yes here. well that is good i guess that shows u guys are kool and caring..

for me i would say that is big NOO.. if i'm about to die so let it be it.. after all who said whatever u donate will be usefull to that person 100%.. i'll sound greedy but my body is going to the grave with me no part missin yo lol..

for the second q i don't know if it is okay islamicly and as my bro said i won't guess lol... so peace out yo'll. 1 luv. sallam...

1) Yep, count me in for organ donation.

Indhadeeq, wow girl that was soo nice of you to donate your kidney to your friend. Brave soul!! I don't know what I would've done if the situation was to arise while I was alive.

Farah: Most agree its prohibited?? I thought it was the other way. I have to research more on this area and " I think" doesn't cut it when it comes to Islam.

"WE ARE NOT THE MASTERS OF OUR BODIES. WE ARE MERELY TEMPORARY HOLDERS. CONSEQUENTLY YOU CANNOT GIVE AWAY SOMETHING YOU DON’T OWN REGARDLESS OF HOW NOBEL THE CAUSE IS"

Why would you overlook a chance to save some1 else's life...especially when your body is going to decay and be eaten by micro-organisms? Its either the bacteria or the man...

Besides...once the body is DEAD...all that matters is the soul (correct me if im wrong!)