Sign in to follow this  
me

BREAKING NEWS: Puntland wey goosanaysaa.

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

quote:Originally posted by Qalbi-Adeyg:

sax! A central somali somali government that every clan will agree with does not seem plausible or practical, so this is the next best thing.

To Qalbi-Adeyg:

Walaale, I'm of the belief that the prosperity of the people of Puntland depends on the strength and unity of Mother Somalia. I know you are frustrated by the politics of our nation and perchance, erroneously believe, that instead of looking for safety and properity in a federally united Somalia, we ought to break away and become a sovereign entity. However sensible this idea may appear to you, it is nevertheless flawed IMHO to break up Somalia into clan based enclaves.

Regardless of our clan differences, the Somali people are descended from the same ancestors, speak the same language, profess the same religion, are very similar in their manners and customs, and ought to stay united forever.

I believe our common identity should prevent Puntland from splitting away, lest we turn into an unsocial, troglodytic and jealous clan enclave like the khat-land triangle of burco, berbera and hargeisa.

For better or for worse--
ONE SOMALIA, ONE NATION!

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California
I respectfully disagree adeer, you know they say insanity is repeating the same task and expecting a different result. well this central government concept has been tried for many years in somalia, and it has not been effective, from the TNG to the TFG. It's time, we try what has been effective, which is local and regional governments, the natural step after that is these regions should get independence.

This however does not mean, somewhere down the line wether it's economic necessity or otherwise, these somali countries cannot come together. But for now, separation seems like the only solution since it seems no one is willing to compromise for the greater good. Of course whether this 'balkanization' happens or not is up to the AU, UN-and by extension American foreign policy. Sadly, it's others who control Somalia's fate and not us.

What good is pointless talk about somali unity and patriotism if there are no actions to back it up, I'd rather be practical.

We shall see what happens.

Qalbi- brother its up to us to break and we will never do it as a reaction to any event.

Secessionisam is a bad idea, and we shall not rush to it.

Somaliweyn is the dream to be realised and it will not die with anyone or anytime.

Africaown- what do you want me to re-read? it's true somaliland main reason for secessionist is rooted in clan hatred, do you deny this?

My point was, local/regional governments are always better than a big bloated central government, that has been been a consistent view of mine.

RedSea   

Assalamu calaykum,

Qalbiadayg: Brother I don't intend in pinning you down, but I trully find it ironic that you would define the seccesion of SL to stem from 'clan hatred' while on the hand you seek Puntland to pursuit the same path that SL has taken. How is what you want different from what AfricaOwn wants?

Over to you now.

assalamu calaykum.

Originally posted by General Duke:

Qalbi- brother its up to us to break and we will never do it as a reaction to any event.

Secessionisam is a bad idea, and we shall not rush to it.

Somaliweyn is the dream to be realised and it will not die with anyone or anytime.

how if there is no somaliland jabuti Kilinka shanaad kiiniya where is somaliweyn ???

if i may answer for him, red sea, the answer is simple, and i mean that with all honesty. Puntland gave the country a chance to resurrect itself. Not only that, it was the vanguard reason in a sea of irrational, clannish, childish and selfish heblayolands. Puntland focused on its own internal development and spared no resources, both human and financial, in guiding other Somalis to a more equitable and just return to statehood. Somaliland, on the other hand, has been part of the problem. It gave the country no chance right itself and declared unilateral independence. It attacked its neighbor, puntland, instead of working with them to stabilize the country. yeah, i know some might one to get into a long discussion about who attacked who, but if you asking the question in an honest way and in trying to understand the other side, that is your answer.

Qudhac   

Naxar you must be happy with what c/y done for punt, he sucked it dry to its last penny, destroyed its capability to defend itself and made it virtually bancrupt all for what, a name tag to say adeero is paper president hope it was worth it.

Simply put PL dont have the balls to go their own way, like spoilt child when ever they get slapped around down south ayey sida caruurta yidhaahdaan.........anaguna walahi waanu goosanaynaa.

very funny but two things.

adeero always had 1 in 2 chances of getting that seat with or without puntlands help and two, it takes a lot more then balls to dismember your own country qudhac. Matter fact, if balls were the only thing it takes, there'd be all kinds of heblayolands every two miles.

Ridiculous children who know nothing about the realities in the Somali peninsula! Puntland can never break away. Just not economically feasible. No resources to sustain itself.

The economic engines of the former Somalia have always been the North(Somaliland) and the South (Hiraan&below). Hence, the obsession with those from the Puntland elite to always rule Mogadishu & Kismayo. You will never see Puntland elite settle down in Puntland geographically. Hence, why the entire leadership spends the majority of the year traveling around the world instead of staying in Garowe or Bossasso.

If you look at all the economic powerhouses of the Somali people (in terms of the Global Money Transfers and Telecoms) the largest and most successful are originally from either the North or Mogadishu and southern environs. The population concentrations are there as well as the economic resources.

Liban Boqor in his interview with VOA a few months ago when attempting to justify his deal with a UAE co. to manage Bossasso port referred to the fact that Bossasso is not a deep water port hence unable to handle real container ships (similar to Eel Ma'an near Mogadishu, during pre-Islamic Courts days). The former Somalia only had 3 deep water ports (Mogadishu, Kismayo, and Berbera).

Somaliland for at least the last 10 years had large amounts of its diaspora returning with their entire families from the West and Arab States to resettle. The Mogadishu area had a huge influx of resettlements coming from the West in the 6 months of Islamic Courts rule. Yet in more than a decade of peace there's no sign of returnees from the diaspora coming back with their entire families to resettle in Puntland. Only ambitious adventurers who wish to make a quick buck either through using Puntland as a stepping stone to Mogadishu, or signing resource deals with wildcatters return to Puntland. None of these Puntlanders ever bring their families to resettle in Puntland. They leave them safely in Dubai, London, Toronto, etc.

These are the facts, Ladies and Gentlemen. So enough with the childish taunts of each other and let's deal with the realities of our present condition!

Fabregas   

^^ lol. WHat facts? You just wanted demonised PL, which is understandable, but why did you r have to resort to misleading tales to justify your attack? Many people have returned to PL, probably moreso than Muqdisho. There also plenty of families of who have returned to PL, not just fraudsters, as you implied. Using the example of people returning during the icu reign is clutching at straws.

Mr.Abu,

Shame that you took examples that are open to debate for demonizing. I welcome the debate though.

While you took the example of Mogadishu/ICU-rule era as clutching at straws, I'll explain why that's an analogous example. It's only fair to compare Mogadishu to towns/cities in Somaliland & Puntland during a period of peace rather than daily warfare. Civilians never repatriate to a war-zone. The only such period Mogadishu has experienced since '91 is the 6 months of ICU rule.

Qudhac   

naxar

puntland has no love for somaliweyn who are you kidding all they dreamt of was being "president" which means more to garowe and bossaso crew than anything else concerning somalia, i mean look at our duke to him somalia = c/y and thats it..

thats how reer puntland are.. so dont tell porkie pies about love for somalia you just cant you couldnt stand on your own feet like somaliland has for nearly 2 decades