Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Breaking News ...New PM...Breaking News..!

Abwaan   

I think this is a very good development for Somalia and an opportunity for Somalia to be on the map of the world again Insha Allaah and loose the "failed nation" status.

I hope in Ilaahay isaga iyo madaxweyne Shariifba xilalkooda u sahlo kana dhigo kuwii Soomaalia barwaaqo iyo baraare u horseeda.

Time for our older generation to take the back seed and see the younger generation leading our nation.

Thank for the little bio somalipride.

Originally posted by somalipride:

Excellent choice Cumar Cabdirashid is probably one of the most honest and generous men that i've ever met. Just incase some of you don't remember he is the son of the late President Abdirashid Ali Shermarke who was assasinated in 1969. He has work with the UN for over 16 years within and outside Somalia. He was also Somali representitive to the UN under the former President Abdullahi Yusuf administration. Make no mistake about it, the UN, AU and especially US encouraged he be selected (he was their number one choice). He has a understanding of international Politic's and is very respected, he'll be a good bridge between Somalia and the international community. I had the oppurtunity of meeting him in Nairobi this December, where he gave a speech on piracy in Somalia and how it should be approached. I really liked how he defended Somalia when he spoke of the circumstances that piracy arose from. Also, I know he has a master's degree and another degree in Canada (but I can't exactly remember what it was in). Very intelligent man. He is very qualified for this position and has extensive international experience. He has worked all over east Africa. (Not living in Somalia for 40 years is just another typical lie or that he was a cab driver.)

It is true that he was shot in the leg while driving in Darfur in 2006 assisting the poor refugee's fleeing the conflict.

I hope this is confirmed and he is selected.

I'm ready to work for this man and rebuild somalia, we've been tired of the same leaders being recycled, this is the change somalia needs wallahi. The best news yet this year, if it's true.

He is a good fit, becuase he worked for the UN, is young and has a brand name that has not been marketed in 40 years.

He belongs to and has a powerful base, Puntland [even when we dont want it it comes] :D and that maybe is the greatest asset he has. Though the base will have to be convinced of his qualities, we know the name but is he like the old legends of Abdirashid and Ali Sharmarke before him?

Originally posted by General Duke:

He is a good fit, becuase he worked for the UN, is young and has a brand name that has not been marketed in 40 years.

He belongs to and has a powerful base, Puntland [even when we dont want it it comes]
:D
and that maybe is the greatest asset he has. Though the base will have to be convinced of his qualities, we know the name but is he like the old legends of Abdirashid and Ali Sharmarke before him?

1.Worked @the UN

2.Hails from Puntland

So far so good.

He belongs to and has a powerful base, Puntland [even when we dont want it it comes]
and that maybe is the greatest asset he has. Though the base will have to be convinced of his qualities, we know the name but is he like the old legends of Abdirashid and Ali Sharmarke before him?

As you said this fella wasn't your number 1 choice as well. What makes him take a back seat to your number 1 choice?

^^^I am not the President lad, if I was then we would be talking about a different choice. Anyhow he is the new PM and we will judge him by his actions.

The base is watching closely.

@Carleton University 1125 Colonel By Drive Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5B6 Canada

Omar A.A. Sharmarke - The Problems of State Collapse: A Political Response to the Cultural, Economic and Psyho-social Needs of the Somali Nation Research Essay completed 2000

Omar A. A. Sharmarke was best friend of my brother and he had lived in Nairobi, Kenya 1991-1992.moved to Ottawa Canada 1992

Carleton University

Aaliyyah   

KK awalba waan ogaa adeerada mid ka mid ah in ala dooranayo icon_razz.gif

I don't know about this man,but I heard his father was a good president.

hambalyo, ilaahay haka dhigo mid dadkiisa iyo dalkiisa si xaq ah ugu shaqeeya..

salaam

Xidigo   

He belongs to Puntland? How medieval. :rolleyes: Give us a break and stop this Qabiil mentality. Darwin would be rolling over in his grave on his birthday if he could hear you.

FB,

He has many qualities he can bring to the table. For one, he worked for the UN for many years and he understands the magnitude of human suffering and how anarchy can destroy entire nations. In addition, he has never been a warlord and that was my number one concern.

And don't forget his father, Abdirashid Ali Shermarke who was a kind and compassionate man :D

Sanad kaa manta ah waxaan u baahan nahay nin naxariistu ku badan. Markaa waxaan rajay nayaa inay labadaa yihiin.

smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

lol aaliyah, were you a little disappointed walaashis?

not at all. I think he's an excellent choice since he is the son of a former great president.