Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Holy war OR ???

Pujah   

I was never one to follow news from our beloved country as I was very disgusted by the turn of events and how there was no foreseeable future there considering we have warlords striving for power and warmongers in Diaspora adding fuel to an already burning fire with their blood money and cyber talk. In any case, as any red blood Somalian would have I was sucked in to pay attention to the new events.

Considering my late start I started digging archives to get up to speed and as everyone knows there is no unbiased news agency in Somalia. They are all pro one clan or another and their reporting is at best commentary and not close to the reality on the ground. Now I admit most of the so called news I read is garbage that was posted by SOLers. And was not least bit surprised that each of the warmongers can find some type of news that advances his/her clan based ideology.

Some may chuckle at my calling ICU clan based while others wonder how the TFG can be considered clan when it’s supposedly representing all Somali clans (aka 4.5 power sharing) but they all seem to forget is that this clan business is what caused 16 odd years of terror, famine and anarchy to Somalian population across the country and the TFG leaders were all but the forefront of that chaos. If this was a government created by the people for the people why is it not effective anywhere in the country? Who gave them the right to represent us? Are we supposed to forget that each and every one of them is murderer?

As for the ICU I think they are full of shitt just looking at their leaders one can see they are also power hungry tribalist hiding behind Islam. Yes, they brought order and normalcy to the capital and people welcomed them, but after years of living in terror who wouldn’t. BUT the real question is what did the ICU do with that power vested to them from Somalis everywhere. From my understanding all Somalis were ready to stand behind them, united Somali, they all shouted and got nothing but disappointment in return.

Instead of capitalizing on their new found fame, the power hungry militia (I will not call them maxaakimta) went on the offence and started expansion to territories they had no business in and planted the seed of discord. Anyone who had inclination of supporting this so called maxakiimta started to doubt their true intention. If the ICU were really an Islamic movement, since Somalia is 99/% suni Muslim why didn’t they engage sheiks all over the country? Islam is peace so why did they think they can teach people to practice religion with the sword? Why couldn’t they use nasteexo to show people the way instead of trying to force it down their throat?

Amongst all that stup!dity we now reached lowest level man can aim…we have the nonexistent government who is neither elected nor supported by the people giving the green light, to the country’s only enemy to sovereignty, to bomb its cities freely and with no repercussion all the while their minister of defense claims to be “leading the way”. What way, better description would be “following” the enemy. History will tell how these warlords will live when ethio gets comfortable and decides to occupy the country. And their dream to land the hot seat evaporates. Will they have change of heart and join the guerrilla warfare or will that be too late for them and they will be executed by their kinsmen?

With all that said and done I don’t believe this is a holy war. And don’t even deal me the card that Ethiopia was invited and this is about somalinimo. As they say all is fair in love and war, at the end of the day THIS IS TWO ENTITY EACH FIGHTING TO CONTROL THE COUNTRY AND EACH INVITING WHOEVER THEY THINK CAN HELP THEM. I think barre hiiraly said it best when he said “ markay labo nin isdirirto ninba meeshu wax ku tuhmuu wax u raadsadaa” I may not be quoting him correctly but you know what I am saying. At least the man is honest unlike some hypocrites here on SOL.

Personally I don’t agree with the methods of the war and how everything has played out. However, lets call spade a spade and agree that this is NO HOLY WAR.

P.S. I was going to post this on Baashi’s thread than I reasoned since this is the first time I attempted to write more than one line….my presence should be felt. :D

Baashi   

Qorran qallanjo luuleey you are officially inducted into Scholastic Society of Cyber-ku-Dirrir. Your post is off the hook smile.gif . I like your style. That was an original post :cool: .

However awoowe despite its many tactical blunders and its association with suspiscious characters, UIC is a fresh, genuine, and principled entity. It is the only alternative to the warlordism culture that got us in the dhooqo.

I for one don't believe this is a holy war. So far my small sized noodle holder is not convinced that this is a holy war. However, I share the principles UIC was trying to advance. I urge you too to carefuly examine these principles. Don't focus on the personalities, they come and go but the system itself is what matters the most.

May Allah help them for they want to advance his word. They sure have a big heart and good intentions. They didn't have the experience and intrigue required in managing a complicated and messy situtation of this troubled region.

TFG on the other hand was a necessary evil. It was the product of two years of deliberation. Good or bad, TFG was the outcome of that process. It failed. We will have to go through another lengthy deliberations. In the meantime Somalia or rather parts of Somalia will have to keep on enduring the abscence of just and legitimate government...for one, two, ??? more years.

Maandheey Somali problems are not black and white.

Pujah   

Ok. I understand where you’re coming from and I beg to differ with your line of reasoning.

You said that you “share the principles and system of the UIC” but not necessarily the way they went about implementing that system. And under the same breath you say TFG was the product of 2 years deliberation and it’s a necessary evil.

Now if I may I ask what about the “principle” and “system” of the TFG? Couldn’t we argue that their system if followed thorough is a noble one, at least in writing?

Let’s examine and compare the competing systems here. From my understanding, and as I said I am new to Somali politicking, they boil down to creating legitimate government that brings peace and prosperity to our country. One wants to use secular laws that doesn’t interfere with peoples believes and the other wants to use Sharia law.

As far as I am concerned either one will be fine by me or any self respecting Somali for that matter. Here is the kicker neither can deliver what they promised. The reason being duplicitous as odey NGONGE will say. icon_razz.gif

EDIT: All things considered my alliance is with the civilians that is terrorized by this “terrorist” heck if uncle sam can use that word every chance he gets why couldn’t I. and Baashiow haku sexanin in Somalia ay nabad kusoo toosto inta TFG iyo amxaaro ay daba ku wadato wadanka kubood badayan. And I hope and pray that the noble “system” that you speak of will be revolutionized.