Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Hargeysa's reaction to Singub's hate speech

Singubow ma waxii lagu mooday, ma waxaad noqotey, mise waxaan loo noqondoonin.

Waxa lagu moodaayay:

A "uniting" figure. A PAN Somali poet, who has by now tasted the bitterness of clanism and has bare witnessed of the many problems that the Somalis in the diaspora are facing day after day. A man who would deliver a thoughtful and calculated speech vis-a-vis of your status.

Waxaad noqotey:

A narrowminded clanish pigot, who houses an unmatched hatred for a particular Somali clan. Your speech says volumes about your hidden self. If anything, it was the kind I would expect from a typical hatefilled Somali over the Paltalk system. But unlike them, whom remain anonymous about their hatred, you unleashed your unmatched hatred at a live public gathering.

Waxaan loo noqondoonin:

Dadku inuu kala jidh fiicanyahay waxaad ku garataa. A Somali Fighter Pilot , who hails from Banadir area and had never been to Hargeisa, REFUSED to BOMB the city and its residents. And quote: "my decision was firm to risk dying rather than bombarding civilians and their property "

While another man who owes so much to the people of Hargeisa, a man who without the support and hospitality of the people of Hargeisa would have never made it to what he is today, has called the indiscrminate bombardment of Hargeisa city and its residents as "Righteous" one. Talk about an ungrateful man.

Hargeysa's reaction to Singub's "Way Haboonayd in Hargeisa la burburiyo"

CHE   

Anyone who condones the tragedy that has transpired in Hargeisa is just as guilty as the lynch mob that committed the atrocities.

His(sangub) naive words do not represent the views of Somali-Weyn, and all the goodwill Somalis should condemn him in the most public fashion.

A great deal of pain and suffering has been brought upon the Somalis in Waqooyi,and there can be no humane justification to it. These atrocities should be permanently indented into our memories to honor the victims,and avoid any future acts of terror against civilians.

India   

Suldan

He called us "Yac" what ever he intends by it.

Next time he sets foot on our shores "YUR" un bay nu odhan :D

If you as me in my grandmothers words iskaga " wa useless" icon_razz.gif

Sky   

who the hell is sangub? i heard he used to be very popular among hargeisa folks. heard of his name vaguely though.

Suldaanka,

The statement praising the bombing of Hargeisa after 15 years is wrong and should be condemned in the strongest language. But can you provide a better link detailing the speech. It doesn't make sense for anyone to speak like that let alone a well known Somali artist Abwaand Sanguib.

I fail to understand why people buy whatever they hear from the media.

1. get a real proof of what the abwaan said?

2. soomaali waxeey ku maah maah daa ( keebaa daran bisada aamusan iyo mida qeeylada badan.) smile.gif

if the man said "YAC" :D which i don't know the meaning ;) is realy wrong.

waxaan leeyahay haloo cudur daaro abwaanka.

seriously if sangub said, it was good to bomb hargeeysa, which i don't think ( qof wax garad ah inuusan dheheen sidaas gaar ahaan meel cad

why don't the other media report this news. :confused:

Qudhac   

what is funny is that this so called sangud was made by somaliland he is none other than the product of hargeisa, so it is simply biting the hand that fed him, since most of his fans were somalilanders i believe a sharp down turn of his career is emminent, silly him he must though no one was there at that little gathering. redface.gif

Singub waa gabyaaggii sadexaad (3rd) ee dhooqada dhex dabaasha. The first was Jamac Kadiye, a really old man in his 70s or older, but still housing bitter clanish hatred for us. At that age, he composed a couple of new gabays calling us "jews" and "gaalo" and all those you would otherwise expect from teenager with the wrong upbringing.

and now its Singub's turn.

One wonders, Geela Duqisii durduriyey, arankiisana maxaad u malayn? You can only imagine, nacaybka heerkaas jooga. cajiib.

Coloow   

I want to know the contents of the speech before I condemn him. Sangub was in Hargeisa in 1988 and according to some sources, he was injured when the somali army was killing civilians in Hargeisa- thus he should know first hand what happened. Our people (somalis) are messengers of the bush telegraph and therefore we should not judge people on hear/says.

I think people should tolerate what our poets say. I have listened to Abshir Bacaadle and he does not spare any region or tribe- and that is a good thing. Poets should be able to speak their minds, compose works of arts that is critical.

A somali poet like Sangub, Bacadle, Timocade, Cali cilmi afyare, sugulle etc don't belong to a clan or a "state". They are somalis.

Gediid   

^^^^Well not this one.He failed dismally in that but I'm not surprised aqoon la'aantiisa taas u geysey.An utterance of an ignorant person wax canaan ah malaha.I guess Hargeisa that nurtured him for so long is better off now than how he hoped it would be.

Coloow   

Gedid, sxb "Hargeisa waay habooneeyd in la burburiyo" could be a satirical piece- don't you think?

Anyway, if anyone could copy and paste the speech, that would clear the air.

N.O.R.F   

I'm not into beating up old folk but, Sangub would be sanjab if i saw him. Sounds like the old man is losing it, i would recommend Belveue plus anyone who supports/condones/ his behaviour.

Today is officially FCUK Sangub day!

brushes his shoulder off

OG_Girl   

Oooops some people lost their mind! Can I state my opinion or will I be agreeing with Sangub?!

Let me start with Eedo India :

Next time he sets foot on our shores

He is in his 50s, was born there, and was there from the beginning, when that part of the country was colonised by the British. Thus, that is his part of the country just like is yours unless Somaliland is one clan country and hence you can call "our shores"!!. I wonder if the "our shores" comment was a Freudian slip and thus what you truly believe, that Somaliland is one clan stat??!!

Seriously, though what does it take for one to be a Somalilander or belong to that part of the country?

Another thing, where is this speech then or do you want us to take your word for it only?. Cause, it seems we are condemning someone here because of what someone wrote rather than what he said as we have not be presented with any evidence for it here. It’s recommended that we have the evidence of his speech first so we can all know what he said rather than just joining in the chorus.

Also nobody made him and no hand fed him except that of his parents, since Somaliland back then and now don’t have a social security system! Furthermore, Somaliland is claiming to be a democratic country then, he as a citizen of that part of the country has every right to criticise it. Don’t people from Somaliland have their own opinion or is anyone who has a different opinion automatically becomes an enemy? Or Somaliland can’t take any criticism?!!

Salaam