Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

The farce of defending a war criminal Cali samater

Why in the world would anybody support Ali Samatar. All criminals of Barre regime should pay the price. Every action has consequences and it is about time that Samatar and co face the music. Farthermore the leadership of the many tribal-based rebel forces should also be held accountable for atrocites that they have commited.

For the Samatar supporters- Answer this what has Samatar done for you or your country to deserve your mercy. "He is old man" is no good answer. Or even more, what has Barre regime, USC, SSDF and SPM did for you as individual to deserve your support or loyalty. These retards destroyed Somalia just to gain power. They weren't fighting for ideology or religion. Their only aim was to attain power even that meant Somalia had to destroyed in the process.

NASSIR   

What about Dahir Riyale whom i heard was a member of National Secret Service of Somalia for Siyad Barre. In my view, everyone who served for that government has to be blamed and alleged for any criminal acts that took place.

According to most common laws, you don't have to be directly involved a criminal activity. It is every person's civic responsibility to speak out of atrocity when you are a prominent member of the organs of government or else resign from any active duty. Carrying out atrocity against humanity in your knowledge and assisstance, i believe you are part of it. Hence, Dahir Riyale, the elected president of Somaliland has to be arraigned for criminal charges, but the fact remains that he is breathing in a lawless country.

OG_Girl   

a meeting was held organised by people defending cali samater based on tribal leanage rather the than his guilt or innocence

Why do you assume people are defending him cause of tribal reasons? Why not because of justice itself, since every one is innocent until proven guilty. Ok, even if these people were supporting this man whatever the reason is, where is the harm here, since their support wont effect the outcome of this trial?

Since his case is in the court isn't right to wait for the outcome of the court? This is because when you take someone to court that means is the court which decides who is guilty and who is not, hence, the accused will get what they deserve whether that pleases you or not since the law is not there to please you but to please the justice.

Funny thing is, we Somalis don't understand what justice is. Just to educate you as a law student; justice is not what YOU or I think it ought to be, since there is system and there is a judge who decides whether the system is followed correctly or not. What is more, even the accused has rights and the whole justice system is not just to protect only the victims but also the accused.

Oooh, just to remind you, that qabiil wont work in countries like the USA and the systems used there are proven unlike the jungle justice many somalis used to , so no need to stress out!.

Oooops, why I am defending him!! The guy isn't from my clan, but I am sure Qurac could find connection between Samatar and I redface.gif

Salam

NASSIR   

OG_Girl, don't be deceived by the tribal jargon. This man affiliates not to the larger clans of Somalia. He is from a minority clan.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Oooops, why I am defending him!! The guy isn't from my clan, but I am sure Qurac could find connection between Samatar and I
redface.gif

Salam

Disregard my last comment sis. I didn't read your complete story. lol

India   

Question:

To those of you who cliam that In Riyale and co are just as guilty.....WHAT IS STOPPING FOR FILLING LAWSUITS AGAINST HIM/HER/THEM?

Lets hear your cases!!! When did Riyale or any other Somaliland serving national bomb any region of Somalia let alone order the genocide of a whole country with no hesitation??? Ali Samater is despicable character and does not deserve an inch of forgiveness simply becuase he is aging.

COMMON NOW;

STOP THE CHARADES. Fact is you have nothing on any Somalilander to have commmitted crimes of inhumanity. Just have to give it at the way you effortlessly try and divert attention to say that if "we did this" then "Somalilander did it too". You have worn this excuse out redface.gif

Wind Talker : care to explian who you are refering to when you say " these leeches.......~"???

Is it fair to say these "pathetic punch" to all Ali Samaters supporters just cause you all deny his quilt or least excuse it :mad:

J.Lee   

India, you must be joking. Riyaale might not of given the order but as part of the Red Baret, best belief he gathered the information that caused it. I also have a question for you, How will putting Cali Samatar behind bars and robbing him of his dwindling pension make up for 50,000 lives lost?

Lets not delude ourselves, Cali Samatar was just Barre's Minion like many others in his regime, he didn't gave the order to bomb hergeisa as India insiniuated, Siad barre did for he had unprecendented power. And since Siad Barre (Ilaahay ha u naxariisto) is dead and can't be tried as a war criminal, you're using Samatar as scapegoat.

These leeches overtly pick-and-choose who to file a lawsuit against - and they're only picking on men who were the same clan-family as the late General, Siyad Barre (alaha u naxaristo). Are we to believe that only one Somali clan-family was included in the Somali government? Are we to believe that all the human rights violations were committed by members of one clan-family?

Wind.Talker, Hear Hear. That is the reason why I'm telling the "Uncles" to close "shop" (literally).

^^

I doubt the Uncles listen to the wishes and needs of the people. If they did, they would've retired a long time ago!

INDIA -

I don't know any Ali Samatar supporters but I'm sure they could care less for what you had to say. Ali Samater was part and parcel of a larger community of Somali leaders who were inclusive of all Somali clans. So, my question lingers on the parallel with Prof Togane's: why are these leeches picking on Ali Samatar and Col. Tukeh? There were hundreds of civil and military leaders that could be accused of having power to make decisions within the former Somali regime. Yet, these leeches (the people who filed the lawsuit) are single-handedly picking on men from Siyad Barre's clan-family. Why oh why?

Originally posted by NASSIR:

This man affiliates not to the larger clans of Somalia. He is from a minority clan.

Minority clan? He raised by a man from a minority clan but Ali Samatar traces his lineage to the Las Anod region of Somalia.

Sky   

wind.talker=
Minority clan? He raised by a man from a minority clan but Ali Samatar traces his lineage to the Las Anod region of Somalia.

say what? :confused: :confused: :confused:

lol, first time for everything. Ali Samatar hails from Las Ano, is that true?

Dusty/India, what is your point?

Again why only Ali Samatar and not everyone in the Barre regime?

Duke,

I do know which region he hails from but he is from minority clans "quursigu qiil ma leeyahay". Regards of which subclan he hails from, he is fully resposible for what he did. Even if Said Barre gave the order, he should not have obeyed an illegal order which was to bomb un armed civilian population. I think it is better to advocate the idea of bringing to justice those individuals who are accused of gross human rights violations. It is better to catch some if you can not get them all. May be we need reconciliation South Africa style conference were the accused and accuser can tell their story and the accused at least admits his mistake and begs forgiveness from the accuser. This way our next generation will have a written record of what happened to Somalia and may be they will be able to avoid the calamity we went through.

Abwaan   

I think that M Ali Samatar is not the only person who should be prosecuted for what has gone wrong in Somalia or I should say war crimes.

I beleive that the reason he is now could be for:

1) coming from a minority clan.

2) Leaving the Somali politics alone and not playing any role.

I chose the second reason because many men who might have commited more direct crimes than him have become presidents, MPs and so on and nobody even talks about all the wrong things that they are still doing.

It is unfair that he is made a scapegoat of injustice which have taken place in Somalia since the independence.

Qudhac   

hehehehe

no wonder the calaacal from the appeasers who lab dancers for known criminals is getting louder.

listen you can belly dance for them all you want they will get fried we will make sure of that.

i keep hearing the same old lame excusses and baroor from these individualls, the fact that there are others who also commoted crimes does not mean HE CANNOT ANSWER FOR HIS ACTIONS, if you go and shoot someone today and argue in court why am i being punished for my crime because there are other murders who are out there, do you think anyone will listen to you.

if he is from small clan so effing what??? what does that have anything to do with the fact that and for what he did?? if you from small clan does mean you are immune from prosicution.

you people are why somalia is doomed to failure for ever because you cannot see beyong your petty tinted glasses and you will forever be appeasing and labdancing for criminals.

how dumb must you be if you are defending a known criminal like samater just because there are others who did the same thing, does does two criminals = innocence. atleast argue on his behalf and say he didnt do those things but please dont be brain dead and use that lame and dark age excuses.

but one thing is for sure whether its samater, tuke or any other criminal running around the world the arm of justice will reach them and they will pay their dues, so get ready to lab dance for alot more criminals in the coming years. :D

India   

Not one to shy away from q's unlike most of the Nomads N u know who u be ;)

Here Go my answers: MS WORD asked " How will putting Cali Samatar behind bars and robbing him of his dwindling pension make up for 50,000 lives lost?"

a-it will bring closure to his victims (don't forget the one's that filed the law suit are victims)...that somewhere that the perpetrator has been made accountable for their irreplaceable losses (loved ones, their wealth and indeed the long-term mental scars).

b-Allah (swa) said sinners pay on earth and in heaven

c- thirdly, it will set the records straight, you can run but you cant hide. you can not excuse some one's crimes simply because he is old. Let the records be set straight. The least he can do is "apologise" and tell these victims why he did what he did regardless of weather he was given an order or not.

d. in my humble opinion, this case will send clear signals to all potential Ali Samaters and deter them of similar actions in the future.

On the point of him being put to trail because of his tribe is ridicules in my opinion BUT ironic because we know he carried out his massacre under tribal hat. Good old Karma reprisal "what goes around comes around".

I find it astonishing how you all run to his defence. This is the man who gave the order or the very least turned a blind eye to the gathering of hundredth and hundredth young Somalilanders in hamar to be put to death in JAZEERA! What possible reasons can you find in your hearts and minds to support him. :eek:

On the point of Ali Samater not being the only instigator of the deaths and destructions of Somaliland then is true. However, Somalilander have every right to track down and seek justice against all those who took part. Ali Samater is just the tip of the iceberg and no one is scapegoating him, if any thing he is the guinea big. ;)

Wind Talker: So in your opinion victims: leeches. Charming walahi.