Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

The farce of defending a war criminal Cali samater

Sky   

qudhac and suldaanka my brothers i can fully understand why you are opposed to cali samatar's defense by some people. personally i think he should be left alone, because we all know somalis are selective. there are a lot of war criminals like riyale in hargeisa, so targetting him is unfair. but suing him is fair, but that is not the case here, is it? i dont know why people didnt reply, maybe because its a boring topic. who knows? but it is intersting news, i would have missed it if you wouldnt have posted this.

548_min4..JPG

like this man, i will say to to my reer woqooyi brothers: Annagana waa nala laayay . dont forget that. :(

ps. why did those somalilanders showed up with provocations to the xaflad considering north american diaspora is overwhelmingly dominated by the tribe you see as your longtime enemy?

India   

ps. why did those somalilanders showed up with provocations to the xaflad considering north american diaspora is overwhelmingly dominated by the tribe you see as your longtime enemy?

WHAT???

LISTEN TO YOU!!!!AND EXCATLY WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED BE SCARED OFF OR STAY AWAY FOR?

I re instate the points I made in the previous points

a) as for Ali Samater. he did the crime and so he must do the time

b) Somalilanders should stop supporting that coward that goes by "Sangub". Last time he was in London in pretance to support "hargiesa theatre" fund raising event. He was questioned about allegations that he is anti-Somaliland and thus should make himself scarce. My god, the man begged and bleeding like a child " I love Somaliland, I was raised in Hargiesa".....

he disgusts me to the core walahi.

In my opinion BOYCOTT all his events and films. Nasty Man.

Jumatatu   

Bottom line..Ali Samatar was part and parcel of, if not leader, a government that sent its troops to go and massacre innocent civilians it was meant to protect. This was a crime against humanity and the one of the catalyst to civil war that the country, Somalia, is so embroiled in now. And those who carried out this should face trial at any given oppurtunity, and as a result if it is succesful so shall follow the warlords who have committed subsequent atrocities.

Sky   

its like we are talking through each other than to each other. what a way to miss my freaking point. damn it!

there is nothing wrong with suing anybody, heck cali samatar is defintely a war criminal and did some horrible things to a lot of somali people. but, again, thats not the point here. this man shouldn't be sued in a country where he fled to in the first place, while other war criminals are honored as president (riyaale, yuusuf yeey etc) by these same group of people. or even war criminals of somaliland origin who arent facing any complaints at all and can travel freely in somaliland out of tribal hypocrisy.

BOTTOM LINE= sue him, sue them all. dont sue them all, than dont dare to select some and leave other people alone. thats the worst form of bloody hypocrisy.

QUDHAC= what tribal lineage. cali samatar comes from a miniscule outcast clan that live as serviles in puntland. they are blacksmiths and make swords and other metal objects for their patron clan that own the land they live on. tribally, dude has no support at all. because of his clan affiliation is why he was abused by siyaad barre, but thats another story.

Bottom line: Abdiqasin Salad Hasan one of Juma's all time heroes was part and parcel of that government for 21 years a minister and at the time deputy Prime minister.

Dahir Riyaale Kahin was part of the security apparatus NSS that actually carried out some of the dirty work.

There are countless others in Somaliland's government who were members of Siyad's regime.

Why chose Ali Samatar above all others?

Is he seen to be an easy target, why is this?

CHE   

Its bias to have an individual picked out of greater pool of men that were known to have done harm,or might have been involved indirectly for reasons other than to sincerely seek justice. If the charges brought against the former defence minister were sincere effort to hold those that were responsible accountable for the crimes committed then many of the somali citizens would have rather welcomed the idea and even recommend the process start at the Somaliland president's office in Hargeisa. Its a fact and behooves us to over look the fact that some of the folks that run Somaliland are equally guilt for the crimes committed against the civilians in that part of the country. Jaalle Riyale himself was a "key operator" for the NSS ,and is known to have had major role in the atrocities,in that period.

You are right......it is farce! It is farce that you blame some for double standards that you my friend will readily indulge in.

This is in no way to condone any of the violations that took place,but to merely get few things in order before we hastily proceed to convict.

In my sincere analysis, I see issues of this sort as an effort to drive wedge amongst the Somalis and create unnecessary tension.

I recently saw Hotel Rwanda,and might have some appreciation for what misplaced emotions can do to a nation.

Did you guys know that in Japanese schools, Imperial Japan's atrocities in the Korean Peninsula in the pre-WWII period are not documented? Despite their best efforts, however, Japan's Imperial atrocities are well-documented the world over.

These leeches overtly pick-and-choose who to file a lawsuit against - and they're only picking on men who were the same clan-family as the late General, Siyad Barre (alaha u naxaristo). Are we to believe that only one Somali clan-family was included in the Somali government? Are we to believe that all the human rights violations were committed by members of one clan-family?

Like I said in an earlier post (this is repetitive), either go after all criminals or go after none.

They want us to believe one clan-family did all the harm while everyone else was a victim. They want to delete their dirty history (much as Japan) while one clan-family's is made front-page news. Their crap is so tribalistic in nature than even Prof Togane wrote a piece about their ill-fated intentions:

http://www.mudulood.com/OpinionPage751.htm

Oooh, we're victims. Hug me, PM Blair!

Qudhac   

indeed it was great somalilanders attended this gathering and it turned out to be farce because no matter where in the world a criminal is or how powerfull/weak his clan is they will be hunted down with vigour and zest because justice is is timeless you are old or retired is not an excuse..

as for this pointless and sorry excused being rolled out by every appeaser of criminals who say "why go after him if you are not going to go after everyone"

am sorry that does not wash as the saying goes two wrongs does not make a right, just because there are others who are as guilty as samater it does not mean he cannot be answerable to for his actions, he is start a Big fish, others will follow.

the old ways of appeasing every crook is no longer acceptable.

and one other thing i think sangub has burnt whatever reputation he had as he was seen resorting to bad mouthing clans and making a fool of himself.

it was good sign for somalis that hardly anyone came to to defend the indefendable so mabe somalis are not soul corrupted as it used to seem.

my fellow somalis is not bad to talk about the criminals like ali samatar, ina cige and RIYAALE and all the criminals including the current CRIMINALS.

BUT WHAT HAPPEN TO SAMSAM AHMED DUCAALE?

WHERE IS SHE NOW?

THESE ARE THE ANSWER.

Sam Sam Axmed Ducaale Oo La La'yahay Meel Ay Jaan Iyo Cidhib Dhigtay Kadib Markii Xabsiga Lagala Baxay

Posted to the Web Feb 01, 10:49

Hargeysa :- Waxaa la la'ayahay meeshii la geeyey Gabadhii u dhalatay Deegaanka Puntland Sam Sam Axmed Ducaale ee lagu haystay xabsiga Magaalada Hargeysa kadib markii ay xabsiga kala baxeen xubno kamid ah Ciidamada CID-da Maamulka goosadka ah ee la magac baxay Somaliland.

Lama yaqaan illaa iyo hada meesha la geeyey gabadhani waxaana laga warhelay Saacado kadib Sabtidii lasoo dhaafay kadib markii Hooyadeed ay booqatay xabsigii Gabadha lagu hayey, iyadoo loo sheegay in gabadha halkaasi laga saaray.

Ciidamada Xabsiga Hargeysa ayaa lagu soo waramayaa in ay jirdil u gaysteen Sam Sam Hooyadeed kadib markii ay halkaa isku af dhaafeen. :confused:

Ehelada Sam Sam Axmed, Qareemada iyo Ururadii kale ee arrintan la socday ayaan waxba lala socodsiin ayagoo ka warhelay arrintan kadib markii gabadha Hooyadeed aflagaado iyo jirdil loogu gaystay xabsiga Magaalada Hargeysa.

Warar kala duwan oo la xariira meesha ay ku sugan tahay gabadha ayaa soo baxay ayadoo ay isa soo tarayaan wararka sheegaya in gabadha xabsiga laga saaray si markaa looga qariyo wafdi ka socda Qaramada Midoobay ee dhanka xuquuqul insaanka oo lagu soo waramayo in ay booqan doonaan xabsiyada Hargeysa.

Sam Sam Axmed Ducaale ayey Maxkamada Hargeysa ku xukuntay 5 sano ayadoo oo uu Madaxweyne kuxigeenka maamulka goosanka ahi uu ku eedeeyey gabadhan arrimo la xariira argagaxisnimo.

Sam Sam Axmed ayaa ayadu racfaan ka qaadatay go'aanka maxkamada, balse dib loo dhigay Maxkamada racfaanka ah kadib markii uu arrintaasi codsaday Madaxweyne kuxigeenka maamulka Hargaysa Ahmed Yusuf Yassin.

Sam Sam Axmed Ducaale waa gabadh 16 jir ah laguna xiray Magaalada Hargeysa Bishii Agoosto ee sanadkii 2004 ee lasoo dhaafay, ayadoo u socota Abtigeed. Gabadhan ayey jirdil iyo Kufsi u gaysteen Ciidamada Booliiska iyo kuwa CID-da ee Maamulka Soomaliland kadib markii Madaxweyne kuxigeenka maamulkaasi ku amray in gabadhaasi Xabsiga la dhigo.

Liibaan Jaamac

Puntlandpost.com Hargeysa, J.F.Soomaaliya

Saaxiibkaa u ***

Daabaco Qormadan