Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Waving Somali Blue Flag Performance in South Africa

Absolutely fantastic to see that. Keynaan waa ogaa in uu ahaa qof dalkiisa aad iyo aad jecel. He was waving the Soomaali flag long before he sung this celebratory song. He used to bring our beautiful flag at his concerts.

I wish all the best for the brother.

Big up to you homie k! love that blue with white star 4ever. K u put to shame all of those clan cheerleaders who r running with a lil hosqunti flags!! loooooooool

Keep it like that bro! u is awesome. peace.

NASSIR   

Give me freedom, give me fire, give me reason, take me higher

See the champions, take the field now

you define us, make us feel proud

The streets are lifting as we lose our inhibition,

Celebration is around us; every nation all around us

Singing forever young, singing songs underneath that sun

Lets rejoice in the beautiful game.

And together at the end of the day.

When I get older I will be stronger

They'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flag

And then it goes back

And then it goes back

Born to a throne, stronger then Rome

A violent prone, poor people zone

But it's my home, all I have known

Where I got grown, streets we would roam

Out of the darkness, I came the farthest

Among the hardest survivors

Learn from these streets, it can be bleak

Except no defeat, surrender, retreat

So we strugglin', fightin' to eat

And we wonderin', when we'll be free

So we patiently wait for that fateful day

It's not far away, but for now we say...

So many wars, settlin' scores

Bringin' us promises, leavin' us poor

I heard 'em say, love is the way

Love is the answer, that's what they say

But look how they treat us

Make us believers,
we fight their battles

Then they deceive us

Tried to control us, they couldn't hold us

Cuz we just moved forward like Buffalo Soldiers

But we strugglin', fightin' to eat

And we wonderin', when we'll be free

So we patiently wait for that fateful day

It's not far away, but for now we say...

When I get older; I will be stronger, they will call me freedom

just like a wavin' flag

Just like a wavin' flag, just like a wavin' flag

Flag, flag, just like a wavin' flag

NASSIR   

MMA, absolutely great lyrics and one of the best songs ever made.

NNA, yes sis Somalia ha noolaato.

Rudy, I'm celebrating the opening ceremony of the World Cup yet upset about the Lakers' loss tonight. They blew up a big chance to wrap the whole series up.

" i don't care what anyone says, K'Naan's performance, who is Somali based in Canada, was the best performance of the night" Trever Nelson Radio 1 DJ.

Meiji   

K'naan Warsame has written history for himself and our nation. Even in these dark times the sight of seeing the blue and white flag brings joy to our hearts.

Insha'allah in 2050 the World Cup will be held in Somalia and we will look back to the history Knaan wrote in 2010.

Aaliyyah   

mashallah luv all the positive comments written here...

clearly at the end of the day we are all somalis and what we all want is peace, prosperity, and progress for our land..

inshallah in due time all that will come truee...

As I already mentioned in the other post seeing K'naan wave the flag..not just wave it..but like wave it aggressevily was just an emotion moment for me...

ameen to NNC's dua Somalia ha nolaato..

salaam

"Born to a throne, stronger then Rome

A violent prone, poor people zone

But it's my home, all I have known"

- What an amazing lyrics. Said a lot in that simple line.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Meiji:

K'naan Warsame has written history for himself and our nation. Even in these dark times the sight of seeing the blue and white flag brings joy to our hearts.

Very well said, Meiji.

One key point of resistance we must overcome is the chain of division within our aritificial borders....a psychological chain that has kept us locked in the dark. It is this societal ill that accelerate the decline of our brain cells, makes the experienced sound novice and gives the ignorant unearned chance to lead a country in ruin, a divided society yearning for solidarity and viable institutions (cultural, economic, education, medicine, polity, etc.)

Every Somali should feel free to reside anywhere in SOMALIA and be involved in any developments or participate in any local issues that matter to his or her residence.

But when a Somali from the south feels alienated and unwanted in another region and when a northern Somali speaks as though he or she shares nothing in common with their people, our existance as a nation is so in deep trouble. We have institutionalized discrimination and segregation.

Saalax   

Good on Knaan, but waving a flag with a failed country of 20 years means little i am just being real here, People generally tend to be proud of their achievements , progress , prosperity , peace, not a flag that represents death , misery , forced migration , piracy , suicide bombings , warlords.

NASSIR   

^Our flag is a symbol of peace and unity. Alas, you are speaking for the actions of a few interested parties that emerged out of the wreckage of Somali government, be them secessionists, islamists or regionalists.

But to be fair to your concerns, we have been in a catch-22 situation. The mistrust in our disparate communities is so entrenched that the call for centralization brings up bad memories of maladministration and the abusive behavior of our past leaders. On the other hand, federalism perpetuates our social division. It is not a system designed for a homogeneous nation unless we adopt the American system of governance in which the power to coin money, make treaties and create an army is vested with the federal government whereas the power to create law enforcement, provide for education, zoning adminstration and issuance of driver's and business licenses is vested with the state. Still, where to draw borders will be a thorn issue to deal with as tribal lands overlap and conflict.

I think the Security Council of the United Nations should continue to support the territorial integrity of Somalia and a strong central or federal government. Our constitution must guarantee every Somali citizen equal rights as to whereever he or she wishes to run for an office, buy home or business.

I know for sure all of these tribal regions that agitate for secession or self-autonomy will be back to the practical reality that the world wants to see: one nation under one flag, not a government within government.