Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOL: Petition to stop the fighting in Mogadishu.....Sign Now!

The recent battles between the warlords and Islamic courts in Mogadishu has caused human tragedy. Sixth day of battles.

Death toll over 130. The injured over 500. 10,000 have fled their homes. Sisi neaighbour hood destroyed.

Sign this petition in support of the people of Mogadishu.. Call on the armed groups to halt their activities inside the city..

http://www.petitiononline.com/Jinoole/petition.html

siisii2.jpg

I changed the title, saaxiib. I hope you won't mind since a petition is created now.

[ May 15, 2006, 00:13: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Castro   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Call on the armed groups to halt their activities inside the city..

Can an internet forum petition stop the madness in Muqdisho? What can?

^^^ No it can't but we can give our voice....SOL has a large number of Somali's in different parts of the diaspora. So as a cyber community we can show our unity, disgust and support for the innocents caught up in this maddness...

If everyone signs up then we can forward it to the hundred Somali Portals and forums... Enough is enough....

Castro   

Originally posted by General Duke:

So as a cyber community we can show our disgust and support for the innocents caught up in this maddness

That's a given saaxib. Except, possibly, for Jaylaani ( :D ), every person on SOL is positively disgusted and appalled at what's going on in Muqdisho and their support for the innocent is unconditional.

So let everyone sign up. It would send a good message across tot he people of Mogadishu, because now it seems all we are doing is watching, on the sidelines...

Comrad, care to writte few lines, and we will put it to the SOL admins, MMA should be up for it...

Castro   

I wouldn't know what to say saaxib so I respectfully decline. I'm only losing hope, you see, but I'm not indifferent. And no one here, other than you, can convey to us the depth and width of the tragedy we witness today.

^^^ I am not a word master, so again who will take up the gauntlet.. Maybe our own admin, MMA or LSK or even Mr Oodweyn can writte this petition...

So how are we supposed to sign the pettion?

Seriously this is war is tragic, and the worst thing is the American papers who portray the Islamic courts as the "bad" people; the aggressors. I was reading the Seattle Times and they were saying that the moderate leaders of Mogadishu are fighting the extremist Muslims courts who have ties with terrorist groups.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Castro:

That's a given saaxib. Except, possibly, for Jaylaani (
:D
), every person on SOL is positively disgusted and appalled at what's going on in Muqdisho and their support for the innocent is unconditional. [/QB]

Do you even read what I write? DON’T you ever make accusations like that about me or any one else... There are certain things I don’t joke about.

That statement should be directed to Yay and his followers such as Duke and yourself...who are smiling every time they hear a gun shot any where in Somalia but 'Putland"

Duufaan   

The only good people I know are the poor and civilian in moqdisho. I also blame them, we do not hear their voices. whether Dayniile.com, BBC or Hornafrica website is presenting their voice.it is not their intrest to to broadcast the real voice of the people. the most suffering are not belonging any group and never belong any group. They do not have any means and any where to fly. They cannot even afford to take their woonded children the few hospitals still existing.

We all part of their suffering and we are all guilty for not helping them. If we do not stand our religion and national duty now when are we going to stand for. It is time to create the Somali Liberation Front. Simply the country and poeple need to be liberate.

To do something for/about Muqdisho, you must have guns. "Ideas," while noble, become useless when blood continues to spill. I hope we can all keep Reer Muqdisho in our prayers.

About the Seattle Times comment:

The Times published a news item yesterday via the Associated Press (AP). Of course, they published it meaning they believe in its contents.

But no matter how Western media spins the fighting in Xamar, its quite evident the public's support lies with the Islamic courts. The warlords say there are "terrorists" in Somalia and Western media NEVER question who the real "terrorists" are because, simply, anyone who says he supports an Islamic government is "Taliban-like" and a "Muslim extremist."

The real "terrorists" ARE - and have always been - the warlords who have terrorized Somali men, women and children for almost 16 years.

Codetalker I agree with you, the media in the west has very little interst in a balance story. Pure blood the petition must be designed first then everone can sign it and forward it to their local media outlets, local governments, US, UK, etc. The cyber community is huge and our voice must be heard...

. We can call for a stop to all hostilities in the city.

..Call on the international community to provide medicine and shelter to the cities population.

We condemn the involvement of western nations in financing the warlords and thus creating a proxy war.

...Call on all Somali people to support peace....

Castro   

^ Did our anointed president Abdillahi Yuusuf say anything about the events of this week? Did he sack the criminals in his own government who are perpetrating this madness? Besides going to Libya, exactly what did Abdillahi Yuusuf say or do in the past six days?

Generalow, spineless and directionless leadership is as bad as no leadership, if not worse. We are certainly back to square one and if anyone thinks those two years in Kenya and the past year and half in Baidoa are wasted, they're right. It's back to the drawing board but not before losing a few hundred more lives and displacing tens of thousands. This impotent and despot-in-the-making "president" of ours must go.

^^He’s equally impotent, good Castro, and although I don’t accuse him to be another warlord, but an inmate of the month, as it were, is still a convict. It takes a lot of courage to change Somalia’s political stalemate, adeer. Traveling around the globe without moving a finger to ease the pain and suffering of the innocents is singularly unimpressive to me. His election was a mistake, I now hold, and will prolong this conflict. He comes out as an aimless soul. He has no grip on the realities on the ground. His caravan continues to voyage but to no better place.

Great opportunities for him to deliver has come and gone. I used to blame A.Qasaim to have lacked the needed courage but the old man makes him shine in contrast Wallaahi.

Nagadaa adeer.

Mar baad arag markhuun boqol jiroon mayrasho aqoone’e

Marna tobon jir mawlaca kitaab meeriyaad arage’e

Salaan...

Jen., thanks for initiating such an endeavour. I will try to compile a one, though it may rather border ranting than a legitimate petitition.

We the Soomaali people of Diaspora...

We the exiled Soomaali people...

We the tired, war-weary Soomaali people...

We the hopeless, hapless Soomaali citizens...

We the powerless Soomaali nationals...

We the afflicted, inflicted Soomaali citizens...

We the disgruntled, wretched Soomaali nationals...

We the mentally anguished Soomaali nationals...

We the agonized, demonized Soomaali nationals...

We the tormented Soomaali communities inside the country and out...

We, a tired, a broken community of us, disenchanted at the state of a nation of ours, a disconnected, disconsolated, discomforted people of us -- we are simply tired of this unending, prolonged clan conflicts, of this tenth-century clan mentality, of this backwardness -- simply, tired, tired, tired of it...

We the Soomaali refugees, immigrants, we tahriibs, we who are perishing in Red, Mediterranean Seas; perishing silently at Saxaras of Suudaan, of Masar, of Liibiya, of Yemen, of Sacuudiya; perishing at, too, small seas and border wilderness of Turkey, of Qubrus, of Gareek, of Malta, of Talyaaniga...

We the Soomaali refugees in xerooyinka of Daddaab, Iffoow, of xerooyinka at Yemen...

We the starved Soomaali people, starved because of famine, because of little knowledge...

For the sake of our:

• Our contaminated, poison-filled ocean...
  • Our environmentaly damages rivers...
  • Our man-made ongoing deforestation, desertification...
  • Our people, sandwiched between to choose consumption of expired medicines imported by merciless, exploitive businesspeople or not having any of these cheap-shot medicines...
We Soomaali people considering all calamities above condemn in the strongest, unequivocal possible term this senseless, inexcusable, unwarranted war.

We Soomaali brothers and sisters everywhere demand an immediate halt to this senseless bloodshed -- the blood of innocent children, women and men.

We simply are a tired community, whose burden can no longer tolerate of this endless fratricidal, inter-clan war recyclements.

Really, enough is definitely enough.