Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

To SL adminstration and its peace loving people!

Red,

Excellent sugestion but I am afraid, Riyaale admin, having engineered pre-election surprise with lot of help from Xansade, will not easily leave LA. If he leaves peaceful, he will certainly loose the election but if he keeps the war going he will be able to either extend his term or gain popularity. Unfourtunately, it is the case of most Somali leaders, their ambition is more important then the welfare of their people.

RedSea   

LOOOOOOOOOO@ Xiinfanin.

Okay abti.

Peace Action,

Yeah alot of people are wondering about the late the sudden late charge of Riyale Kahin.

AYOUB   

Xiin

Since you've clearly brought nothing to the table, let ask you this...where do you want SL to withdraw to?

Red's call is a wise and mature one indeed. Most Somalilanders seem to learn from their experiences. There's always room for compromise but it's just a shame you chose to throw cheap shots and rabbit punches at him. No surprises there...

laters IA

Ayoub, you are protesting too much adeer. Yesterday you failed to appreciate my learned allusions in your previous thread. But I am glad that you do appreciate Reds withdrawal suggestion today. It’s logical, and a realistic stance to take. It’s also, or so it seems, how things are fated in that part of our region.

As for your q, the answer is ridiculously simple. SL will withdraw to its political constituents, the clans it comprises. The nostalgic desire to remake the region to conform to yesteryear’s colonial settings is just pathetic adeer, and that’s what the LA conflict is all about. All I have been saying was reeruhu nabad ha ku wada noolaadeen inta Ilaahay dalka dawlad u dhalinayyo. You on the other hand thought of your little entity a republic of its own and have been applauding what you thought were the successes of its army :D !

Dont be livid with me adeer, the absurdity of attempting to secede from a fallen state is what exposing you!

Aaliyyah   

It is good to see that our fellow Somaliland brother Red sea is finally accepting the truth.

Thanks for the post.

wa salaamu alaikum

AYOUB   

As for your q, the answer is ridiculously simple. SL will withdraw to its political constituents, the clans it comprises.

Stop being illusive and vague and tell me where you want SL to withdraw to Mr. Xiin. Are you embarrassed by your clannish land claims? Don't want to make assumptions so could you please name the places you're claiming (produce a map if you have to) and show us what's on your mind.

smile.gif Let SOL know what it will take for you to have peaceful sleep like Cadde Muuse's infamous Mogadishu slumber. You're clearly not satisfied with Red's suggestion, what is it that you want?

For the sake everyone reer Sool and Somaliland as well as reer Puntland themselves bring our troops back to their original locations in Adhi cadeeye and Oog.

:D

Very well. But do you think that, you will stay in peace in Adhi Cadeeye? I think you've forgotten already how this conflict was started.

The current conflict was firstly between Xaabsade's local clan melitia and Puntland. By turning the conflict into a Puntland vs Somaliland one, Puntland was banking on the hope that it will wane down the local upraising against its melitia in Lascaanood. But as we all know, it turned out to be a big miscalculation on their part. Because this time, they weren't getting away with shelling Somaliland's positions.

It was always the Puntland side that was provoking and shelling Somaliland's positions and Somaliland was always trying to defend itself.

Somaliland will still be defending itself just like it was before but this time it will keep whatever gains it makes. There is no going back.

Som@li   

Good call Bada Cas, I doubt SL Admin will listen,they are in celebration. I hope things are solved peacefully and no more innocent blood is shed.

Originally posted by AYOUB:

Stop being illusive and vague and tell me where you want SL to withdraw to Mr. Xiin. Are you embarrassed by your clannish land claims? Don't want to make assumptions so could you please name the places you're claiming (produce a map if you have to) and show us what's on your mind.

smile.gif
Let SOL know what it will take for you to have peaceful sleep like Cadde Muuse's infamous Mogadishu slumber. You're clearly not satisfied with Red's suggestion, what is it that you want? [/QB]

Meeshuu geeliinu daaqo joog dee :D , hadii lagugu qabsadona difaaco. Clearly Laascoono is not, or is it?

Brother,drop this dream of SL encompassing collonial borders and swallowing entire clans by force, and you would be fine adeer!

Redka made a good call. And i said so! I dont get what you are protesting about. I am not good at producing clannish maps. I dont see states here. These are clan groupings that have been living together in peace for many years. These are facts. The rest as always is a poor spin!

RedSea   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

It was always the Puntland side that was provoking and shelling Somaliland's positions and Somaliland was always trying to defend itself.

Somaliland will still be defending itself just like it was before but this time it will keep whatever gains it makes. There is no going back.

Somaliland troops can and have always turned aside the small shellings from Puntland forces. I think some guy shooting Zu from long distance isn't going to hurt us politically. But the Las Anod situation will hurt Somaliland's credibility without a doubt sxb.

If SL troops are withdrawn to Adhi cadeeye, not only does that send a good messege from Somaliland, also it will prime example that SL wants peace and coexistance. If Puntland still continues to provoke Somaliland, it would be more justified if Somaliland fought back and everyone would clearly distanct who the trouble maker in the region is.

Besides, the thing I hope will happen is if SL withdraws that reer Las Anod do not allow Puntland forces to be back into the city to continue to lit tention in the region. Reer Las Anod do not want that and I hope they forget the clan connection and look after their best interests and not the interests of Adde Muse.

LANDER   

I believe this entire Lascanood situation is a distraction from the more pressing issues for Somaliland. The focus should be on exploring and expanding economic opportunities and working to strenghten the functioning of government institutions among other priorities. I agree Red Sea, that getting involved in this quagmire of inter-clan battles in Lascanood where allegiances can shift a the drop of a hat, surely doesn't help in the short to long-term stability of our country. I think there should be other alternatives out there aside from war and they should be exploited to the fullest. However, that is dependent on having reasonable partners to work with. We know what happened in Lascanood in 03-04 when diplomats and various other Somaliland representatives were forced out. Second factor to keep in mind is that we are somalis at the end of the day and we are dealing with other somalis. Meaning, somalis often interpret diplomacy as a sign of weakness and furthermore there is no acknowledgement or understanding of Somaliland's goals in terms of achieving international recognition by all of its somali opponents be they in or outside of Lascanood and Puntland/Somalia. In other words, there is no common ground where the sides can meet and discuss matters in a brotherly fashion while taking into consideration each others needs, grievances and aspirations. If that common ground exist I have yet to see it from anybody. As somali folk it is baffling at times just how primitive we are, the only language we understand and respond to seems to be violence.

P.S.

Until there is clear and unequivocal acknowledgement of Somaliland's right to exist as a sovereign state, how could there ever be a negotiated settlement on the border issues?

ElPunto   

Good call! I find amusing the attempt to parry any perception of 'weakness' or 'letting the side down' with backtracking and inconsistencies. :D