Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Caabud-Waaq: Local Clans take over/Clan Courts control it?

Gabbal   

Che, why is our country in a civil war? Who has been killing whom until this moment? Who has been disagreeing for 16 years? Why has each group gone back to their constituency?

These are critical questions one needs to employ when trying to analyze a situation like this.

Do you really know how to deal with Somalis? Has any good come from Somalis for the last 16 years?

I do not even classify the "Union of Islamic Courts" into one group because of that. Some are real religious men concerned about the reconciliation of the land in the name of Islam while others are very visible clan opportunists whose hypocrisy knows no bounds! Some are god-fearing people of the land who wish to change the dynamics of their kins and deegaans while other are occupying forces who get off a good high being on other clan lands they could not possibly have been on and see this as some sort of "triumph".

Can the ICU build an administration for Benaadir Region without going down the path of USC's disintegration? Can the ICU treat all Somalis with fairness and equality instead of treating them different and giving some more benefits and powers then others? Is the ICU a Somali-wide institution that sat down with all other Somalis or an occupying force themselves who oppress people with the number of imported guns they possess?

You decide, you answer, then try to persuade me to the cause.

Duke before you embark on choosing

1.undestand that History repeats itself.

2.A snake gives birth to a snake.

3.Tigray are far worse than Amara it was in the reign of Yohannes (Tigre) that forcefully converted Oromos of Wollo into Orthodoxy or consequently they would face Death,slavery or confisication of their property.

He also ensured the persecution of Tigre muslims (Jeberti)to the extent that they fled to Neigbouring Eritrea.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

At this point in time Che, I really do not know which one is the better future :confused:

Horn, lets forget about the TFG, tooda ayaba haysata, however, we will never take side with clan couts especially with that ill-mannered attitude. Any blood shed in Abudwaq by these wicked clan thugs, surely Guriceel & Cadaado and whomever sides with them will regret pay the ultimate price. And to any MR sub clan brought them to Abudwaq will certainly go with them whenever their depature has come. For the clan courts, they are doomed to failure and will pay the price.

Cumar   

Many inhabitants have fled their homes in CaabudWaaq and it's ongoing. The only ones who in the end will remain there and witness the onslaught are the disabled elders and their close family, and those who have nowhere else to go. My ayeeyo, who is one of the disabled elders, has to witness her city being forcefully occupied and the possible war that will occur there once the Ethiopians set their sight on CaabudWaaq knowing that the ICU forces are hiding there.

Tsk

lets be honest people, the choice is between Tegre and Tigrinya, not tegre and islamist. At the end of day, tegre or tigrinya, ther xabasha. So if you will brand the government, a childish thing in my opinion, call the islamist tigrinya.

Horn....Saaxib, I admit that it was the gangs in Xamar that held Somalia hostage for the past sixteen years. I also gave you that there are indeed Qabiil oppurtunists trying to derial the efforts of the courts by promoting their own agenda which is contrary to everything that the courts like to accomplish.

The questions you have are legitimate, and worthy of critical and thoughfull reflection.

Having said all that, I think the problems in our country simply doesn't lie with Xamar, and its caretakers.

Not let's focus on Xamar for sec , and asks what have other Somalis done to reconstitute the Somali state. By nature, we simply react to things, and hardly ever reflect on our own situation.

^^^Most Somali's , Somaliland and Puntland have created a viable governemntal institutions for their regions without much support from the outside.

The issue for you Mr Che is that you are flip flopping, Mogadishu you blame the thugs, yet avoid the actions of the top leaders of these so called courts.. Abukar Cadaan, IndaCade, Xasan Dahir, what were their role in the past 16 years? How many street battles did their forces take part in? How much suffering have they brought to the people of the south?

They are continuing their opposition to national governance now using the sacred faith..

Gabbal   

Che, you clearly misunderstood me. I did not speak specifically about Xamar nor blamed Xamar for the problems of Somalia in the last 16 years.

I responded to your assertion you know how to deal with Somalis better then others, and I questioned how accurate that assertion was.

lets be honest people, the choice is between Tegre and Tigrinya, not tegre and islamist. At the end of day, tegre or tigrinya, ther xabasha. So if you will brand the government, a childish thing in my opinion, call the islamist tigrinya.

:D

Horn...My bad Duqa,but the previaling myth among many Somalis is that reer Mogadisho either lack the ability or are completely disinterested in bringing about a peaceful resolution to the conflict in Somalia. I didn't mean to accuse you of blaming them. As for my assertion, this is not the first time we have indulged in this type nihilistic fratricide ( though this particular one is grandeur given the introduction of modern weaponry, and direct meddling of external forces). I believe Somalis can find solutions to their own problems if they are left to their own devices. What we need is men who are sincere in ending this bloodbath like our forefathers did under Qurac in times of deadly tribal wars. It is bad leadership that's problem, and as long as the mass populace don't realise that, nothing would change.

Duke....Iam happy for Sland n Pland, and it is admirable what they achieved despite everything else going wrong in Somalia, but problem with these Qabiil Lands is that they don't have any plan beyond their tribal enclaves. Look at the case of Sland, for decade and half they thought avoiding Southern problems would get independence. They are not any closer to getting that today. And Pland stability would always be under threat if there is no solution in the South. I think "secure your home, I will secure mine" attitude is not helpful or practical for that matter.

As the leadership of the courts, I have never condone the likes of Indhacadde, and for matter any mistreatment visited upon the Somali masses by the courts or their affiliates.

Che the biggest problem that south had was that the leader didn't care their people all they care was the money and the power that they had. look at Qanyare before he left mogdisho he had almost 2000 army boy who didn't know anything else but to follow what he says and i also believe there were outsider that were involved the satuation in the south. look puntland. other then the people from sool sanaag and cay. from bosaaso to galkacyo one tribe one tribe lives almost i'm 100% sure while the south that 10 or more tribes in one city fighting for one post that is who is going to lead the south

They are the same south or north. While the south is being looted, the same old theocracy that get chased out of Xamar is pillaging the northern regions. The only reason people put up with these thieves is no better alternative in sight.

Temujin   

I am more surprised about the men of Caabudwaaq that legitimately brought the battle zone that reer Caabudwaaq do not deserve and did not call for to their own homes. Cago-weyne will go back to his house soon, where will they go back? Who will they live among the rest of their lives?

Insha allah qoorta ayaa loo dheereen maangaabyadaas.