Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Next PM to be a Puntlander

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^I have no idea, Juje maybe you can do some research on the man, you might have more access to him than most. Even in Puntland his name alone will not mean getting the support of the state.

His name will move mountains in Puntland sxb - do underestimate the power brockers of the Punt.

Shaley ayad adiga iyo adeerka iyo wixii idin la halmala so baxdeen - hortina la mali jirey.

Having said I dont think he has that much chance of getting the post - his biggest obstacle would be ;his age'

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^he is older than the Sharif so how is that a problem?

And much younger than the other ones. :confused:

His name will move mountains in Puntland sxb - do underestimate the power brockers of the Punt.

Shaley ayad adiga iyo adeerka iyo wixii idin la halmala so baxdeen - hortina la mali jirey.

Having said I dont think he has that much chance of getting the post - his biggest obstacle would be ;his age'

Waryaa Juje, don't you know Duke has other adeers as well oo wax ka maali jirey!!!

So, Inna Sharmarke is done deal now eh? Good to see new and young faces in Somali politics.

It's all in Juje's head, Libaax.

As of now, we dont know who is going to be the pm for Sharif. Sharif has been very poor and slow decider. Dont get surprised if the selection of pm does not come quick as th situation demands.

Juje   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Because his father used to be the President???

Nope, it is because he is capable sxb. Plus the fact the others in hat with him have mostly been tried and never left behind a formidable record.

Xiin

It's all in Juje's head, Libaax.

Sxb am just following the trend, and as you say no one knows who it will be, thus we are only speculating - I fail to see why you are agitated, are you one of the shortlisted candidates? :D

Originally posted by Emperor:

[QB] ^

Kadawo, Jurille is not part of the TFG and has not been since Ghedi left... and Galayr is an intellectual Prof with the experience of working with the former Somali administrations, and that he doesn't involve hmiself in the Somali clanish system is not a weak point but rather strong...

All that said, I still think and its my personal opinion that, Sheikh Shariif shouldn't select anyone from Puntland simply because of the clan.

I agree with you and let me say that Iam from Puntland.Shariif need to sort out the south and later He can talk to Punt/SomLand.

If the Sharif has to select someone from Puntland, Let it not to be warlord. We need people like prof galayr, prof jurille and etc.

Originally posted by Emperor:

Kadawo, Jurille is not part of the TFG and has not been since Ghedi left...
and Galayr is an intellectual Prof with the experience of working with the former Somali administrations, and that he doesn't involve hmiself in the Somali clanish system is not a weak point but rather strong...

You got me wrong. I never questioned the competence of Galaydh or suggested he is clannish. He only appears to me as a self-centred individual.

I also find your choice of PM of being young and new to Somali politics as naïve political analysis. Even though I fully support President Shariif, I think he lacks experience. He therefore needs someone with a lot of experience in Somali politics and broad competence of international relationship as his PM.

If he chooses someone with even less experience than himself, he will extremely struggle to make success and fulfil the hope of millions of Somalis around the world, most important being those back home.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abwaan:

quote:Originally posted by HornAfrique:

I have it from very informed sources that the Shiekh very much wants Cali Khaliif Galayr as his prime minister but many of his advisers do not and are aiming for ina Siyaad Barre. Again the Shiekh very much wants Cali Khaliif but whether he succumbs to his advisers or stays strong in his decision we shall see.

loooooool.................Ina Siyaad Barre........ninba ceesaantii ceel keen...Toloow Maslax muxuu soo kordhin?
Awoowe don't attack the messenger if you don't like the news. This is word from ARS members who are very close to Shariifka and are advising him.

His personal choice is Galayr (because of Galayr's recent connections to the West), but many of his advisors want him to pick inanka Siyaad Barre not only because of the strong endorsement he received in the TFG parliament but also because of the potential for him to have influence in the southern-most regions who function as the primary base for Al Shabaab today.

I have also heard Ghandi who is the same clan as Xassan Turki is also a very possible candidate.

I don't know where Idamaale and these guys are getting the names they are bringing to the table but the info I mentioned come from the highest corridors of "waa la yiri". icon_razz.gif:D

We will see laakiin. smile.gif

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Juje:

Sxb am just following the trend, and as you say no one knows who it will be, thus we are only speculating - I fail to see why you are agitated, are you one of the shortlisted candidates?
:D
[/QB]

War don't give him ideas. :D

Minster of education, Islamic Affairs or even Foreign will be fine for Xiin. Lakin the boss of all of these? Banjar ya Caravan.