Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Good Move-Ilkajir, Nuridiin and Saleebaan turn down Cabinet Positions

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

EdIT: IS this Nuradiin the same as the author (I think surname is farah?) of books on development and fiction?? If it is the same guy I think he would be good a SOmalia government, that guy is one smart man, mashallah.

lol. no that's a different man. nuradin is some young politician from england who ran for puntland presidency. You really don't know much about anything outside of burco and snm eh? :D

But why would an author who writes fiction be good for somalia? How would he have the right experience to lead a nation?

^^^Marfishland is fiction. So don't be too surprised, for you know, anything fiction related does hold much sway with miss kitty&CO.

As for Nuradiin turning down the portfolio--I believe, since loosing his run for the presidency, he feels there's no point hanging around in Puntland. So instead he ungenerously chose to return to London, instead of accepting, what he percieves as, a lousy ministrial job. I think, he ought not to be so selfish, but instead take the job, so as to get experience to bargain with 4 years down the road, if ever he wishes to run again for the top post.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Ibtisam   

Haye add Marfashland to the list of names being thrown at me by the former Yey cheerleaders. You can keep throwing names, I'm make a little collection for you guys, so far in the box we have: hate, qabilist, Ms warlord, cyber man, miss kitty, hypocrite, marfashland and a few more I can’t remember. Keep em coming boys, it will make you feel better and one day you just might stop crying. :cool:

Qalbi Adegy to answer your question, if you’ve read his work on Somalia and development you will know why I say that. His fiction is also largely based on his experience and things most Somalis who have been a qaxooti can relate to. I asked if it was him because I can’t remember what he looks like and they share a name as well as location and no Somali politics is not my specialty- Burco or anywhere else. But I still have an opinion and valid ones at that.

P.s. Try to keep your tears on topic please. :rolleyes:

NinBrown   

Ibti...I think Nurudin Farah the author passed away recently.

As for the resignations, these guys will regret it. Change is easier if it come from inside. Nurudin and Co could have joined and tried to make changes, if they were obstructed people would see and they would have better chance of winning the next election. Now they are out in the cold and people will ask the same questions of them next time.

Che...you dont like Faroole. But as somlis say'gaal di gar tiisana sii' The man has done well thus far and he has outsmarted these guys who have resigned.

NinBrown   

Sorry if he is alive.I thought I recently read in one of the Somali websites. my bad.

Ibti...if you continue collecting the names these guys call ya...boorsadaada culeyka bey kabadaneysaa.

Ibtisam   

Malika really?? Well either way I wish him the best, he helped me in few of my essays and I really like his writing. Qalibi Adyge I have a few of his books, no links on hand, I'll see if I can find some for you 2morrow or so inshallah.

NinBrown, LOOL@ boorsadaada culeyka bey kabadaneysaa, I don't take them with me, I leave it by the door on the politics section, it is hard to engage with people who don't want discussion, they want iin laa iis caayo, because it is easier than explaining their position or justifying it. Its okay though caay iyo haabar toona waax maa taro, it only reflects badly on them.

Malika   

^Waar Google him,you will have all the links to his works.

Ibti,I first read one of his books when I was a kid,and boy! was that an eye opening..Lol I learned Somalis were humans!..Being raised in a very conservative house hold,one assumed Somalis were the most godly like people..Lol

He is my fav author..and yeah,he resides in SA now!

Oops for the topic.

Ibtisam   

I came across him very late, it was not until I did my thesis on Somalis and development, he was god sent when I was digging for books by somalis on somalis. redface.gif

Google scholar is great.

What a bunch of childish men...they've showed their true colors, maybe it was a good thing aferall that they lost since they obviously don't have PL's interest at heart. Good riddance, let them go back to europe or where ever they live and continue thier work at the service sector.

Good luck to Dr faroole i'm sure he won't have a hard time finding replacement for these vacant positions in his cabinet.