Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

TFG gives much needed food medicine to displaced people..PICS

NASSIR   

Originally posted by TheSomaliEconomist:

Soon, some ppl will come in this thread and say the food is poisoned.

:D

Can The TFG manage the city or they goin to let victory fool them again ,

The war had to end it was causing to many lifes and was damaging the city.

TFG must act quick and establish new administration for Muqadishu , restore the police station . Reconcile the city population.

TFG started a military policy and non apeasing method to pacify Muqadishu which brough success in controling the city , They should continue let be known to rest of unknown opposition whether its outside or inside that any resistance to dawlade will be dealt with By any means necessary .

Furthermore mistake that happent before should not be repeated , For example not moving into entire muqadishu after the fall of the Icu .

There should be no revenge or specific target like - wealth that belongs to Resistance fighters.

Those that oppose the TFG should atleast gave it chance to work - Ethopians will leave inshallah we need administration - we need proper functional schools , hospitals , Port / airports .

i hope the TFG dont spoil this chance , Its not time dance yet .

I'm still waiting for what the TFG actually did for any of the displaced and injured. All I see is non-governmental groups the TFG ********s haven't robbed.

Lake   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^lol. Its the TFG set up commitee handing out the food, but we all see what we want huh?

POST an article like you always do in supporting that they actually set this up.

mucaawino1.jpg

Government agenciesHumanitarian Assistance and Disaster ManagementAgency (HAMDA) (“Puntland”)Ministry of Interior (“Somaliland”)Ministry of Interior, Security and DisarmamentDemobilization and Reintegration (“Puntland”)Ministry of International Cooperation and Planning(“Puntland”, “Somaliland”, TFG)Ministry of

Resettlement, Rehabilitation andReconstruction (“Somaliland”)

National Refugee Commission
(TFG)

SOURCE

Government agenciesHumanitarian Assistance and Disaster ManagementAgency (HAMDA) (“Puntland”)Ministry of Interior (“Somaliland”)Ministry of Interior, Security and DisarmamentDemobilization and Reintegration (“Puntland”)Ministry of International Cooperation and Planning(“Puntland”, “Somaliland”, TFG)Ministry of

Resettlement, Rehabilitation andReconstruction (“Somaliland”)

National Refugee Commission
(TFG)

SOURCE

If this is true -- distributing donated food rather than impede it -- it's welcome news.

^^They never did impede it saxib.

Shells hit hospital in Mogadishu

An injured man at a hospital in Mogadishu

Many civilians have been caught up in the fighting

A hospital has been hit in Somalia's capital in fighting between insurgents and pro-government Ethiopian forces.

Relatives and medical staff ran from the SOS hospital after at least four missiles hit. Casualties are unclear.

The BBC's Mohammed Ibrahim Moalimo says many of the patients have been transferred to another hospital.

Other Mogadishu hospitals have already been hit by shells during the week-long Ethiopian advance and are struggling to cope with the casualties.

An estimated 340,000 people have left Mogadishu since February, the UN says.

This is the eighth consecutive day of clashes between Ethiopian troops backing the interim government and insurgents and fighters from the city's dominant ****** clan.

Ethiopia's prime minister says he hopes to have routed the insurgents within a fortnight.

Obstructive

The interim government is being accused by diplomats of preventing aid from reaching people fleeing the clashes.

I am not practising clan-discrimination as others are. If there is land where they can live, I will give them my land, and water free. Also medical tests I do free

Dr Hawa Abdi

Western diplomats say demands to inspect all aid shipments was adding to the misery, AP news agency reports.

Earlier, the UN humanitarian chief said insecurity, checkpoint harassment and new administrative directives have all obstructed humanitarian efforts.

UN, EU and US diplomats in the region have all appealed to the government to stop complicating aid delivery.

"The efforts of international agencies to come to the aid of these stricken people are being thwarted on the one hand by militia looting relief supplies, demanding 'taxes' and violently threatening aid workers, and on the other by administrative obstacles imposed by the transitional federal government," AP news agency quotes a letter written last week by the German ambassador to Kenya.

Earlier, US Ambassador Michael Ranneberger wrote that "these practices are unacceptable and undermine the legitimacy of your government".

In a meeting with the government, the UN's humanitarian chief John Holmes received promises that things would change.

"They have assured us of full support for humanitarian access and humanitarian workers," he said.

'No food; no shelter'

A doctor just outside Mogadishu told the BBC about the difficulties of running her own maternity clinic.

Somali government troops in Mogadishu on 22 April 2007

The fighting has raged for seven days

"Around my hospital there are 2,000 families, mostly children and women," Hawa Abdi told the BBC's Network Africa programme.

"There is no food or shelter. We have a small quantity of water, but we aren't able to get water from the well. The UNHCR reached us and gave us small plastic shelters, but it is not enough."

Dr Abdi said she is trying to care for all who come to the clinic, both those who come to give birth, and those wounded in the fighting.

Other medical staff have arrived from hospitals that have been damaged in the fighting in the centre of the capital.

"Some people are injured, and they are coming to my hospital. I am not practising clan-discrimination as others are. If there is land where they can live, I will give them my land, and water free. Also medical tests I do free," she said.

"Other doctors are coming from Mogadishu where there was heavy shelling of the Hayat hospital, and also from the Arafat hospital they are coming to help me."

Somalia has not had a functional government since 1991. A transitional government was formed in 2004, but has so far failed to take full control of the country.

Ethiopian troops announced they had begun to withdraw, to be replaced by an African Union peacekeeping force, but only 1,200 of the 8,000 troops the AU says it needs have been deployed.

source

Earlier, the UN humanitarian chief said insecurity, checkpoint harassment and new administrative directives have all obstructed humanitarian efforts.

Thats a given, there is insecurity because we have armed groups fighting the governemnt, checkpoints tod eal with this insecurity, and new adminstartive directive because there is a governemnt in town.

Nothing to suggest the TFG was hampering anything, but the Harassment part should be looked into.