Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Waaaay to go Turkey!!!

Salaan...

TURKEY-MORROCO-EUROPE.JPG

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Alla maxaa Yurub la jeclaadey. Aduun mashaqo ahaa. Can you believe this is the same continent where centuries ago that qabees was unheard in its culture? A man who bathed was considered 'dirty,' and now everyone wants to join. Mushkilo ahaa.

P.S.: The King of Morroco in the year 2000 had been recorded to have said if European Union accepts Turkey as a member of its own, he too would soon apply--reasoning the proximity of Morroco's geographical nearness to Europe--that is Spain.

Macsalaama!!

nuune   

dirty europeans,u r right in that case,there was a king in france,that was centures ago and he only took bath once in his whole life.

i think this new government is speeding up,very simple,they want to get the european FUND which now looks like the only thing that can make their economy recover!

Jamilah   

It's a shame that Turkey are so desperate to join the European union the have done alot of things to impress the E.U like letting men and women to pray next each other, let women attend funerals and don't allow women to got to university with their hijabs.

TIIMBARO   

Turkey has long been waiting for to get in to the european union. The problem with this is that

the e.u. is a christian circle, they will not allow a muslim country to join. They will of course be diplomatic and make more demands which

are impossible to meet. Having a muslim country at its midst, secular or not, is a scary prospect

for many europeans. Turkey is a torn country which doesn't belong to the east or the west, and

Turkey will continue to be humiliated as long as She seeks u.e. membership. Turkey eventually will

align itself with the muslim countries because of

neccesity.

Haashim   

As far as i know this new government will not join neither EU nor coallition against Iraq, it's possible that they overthrow or to press to join as they did to Arbakan early however, this time it will not be easy to overthrow.

do u remember what Arbakan has made in his adminstration, Islamic G7 with Egypt, Iran, Indonesia, Pakistan, Malysia and Bangladesh but unfortuanately it collapsed after Dr. Arbakan, insrtead of joining EU we hope similar step.

Jamilah   

Jeenyo,

you're 100% right the European Union is a circle of christians which couldn't care less about muslim countries such as Turkey, i feel so sorry for them they would sacrifice their religon just to join the e.u sometimes i wonder in such cases like this how desperate is desperate?

The E.U today rejected Turkey bid to join them. They probably think these muslim Turks aren't civilized enough lol.

Their excuse was Turkey didn't meet the "political and economic criterea" needed. I am glad that Turkey is rejected because I have no respect for a nation that runs away from its values to be somebody else.

Jamilah   

Libaax,

You're not the only one who is glad Turkey was rejected i am over the moon.

"Their excuse was Turkey didn't meet the "political and economic criterea" needed. I am glad that Turkey is rejected because I have no respect for a nation that runs away from its values to be somebody else".

Nicely said brother.

TIIMBARO   

Why Turkey and not Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia?Turkey lies uncomfortably between Europe and Asia and this is evident in many ways. Americais pushing the e.u. to make Turkey part of europe, admitting turkey into e.u. will help improve relations with the muslim and middle eastern countries. Forget about the economic, political, military or historic reasons, the majority of Turks do not feel European. Likewise, the majority of Europeans do not see Turks as Europeans either. Shame on the Turks if they believe that Turkey has place in Europe

Samafal   

This was in the news other day and i laughed when the correspondent said that the europians will be unlikely to consider the turkish application to the EU coz it is too big, too poor and too muslim.

sigma   

Sorry people but I disagree on a few points,

1- Turkey has just begun EU entry talks and is expected to spend at least 10 years “implementing promised reforms and adopting thousands of pages of European lawâ€.

We must remember the Turkish have a long way to go to EU membership and as the saying goes "anything can happen".

2- The Turkish economy is growing; turkey is the main originator of water with the region, with the origins of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in turkey. signing a massive deal with israel to supply water, which they now in (2005) can not produce enough to support the israeli population, so they also divert water away from Palestine, (selfish ****!...but that’s a whole other debate). What I am saying is that as turkey develops it should become a regional powerhouse in between 10-20 years especially with the forecast of a struggle for fresh water.

3- Turkey has a large demographic of young people, something Europe hasn’t and is not going to have, unless birth-rates go drastically up. All over Europe birth-rates are the lowest in decades, if they do not have a percentage of the population under 40 working and a percentage of the population retired, how will the state be able to afford to support the elderly and the economy, without an influx of young workers from abroad and even better from with the EU.

But.... I agree with

The fact that the EU is a Christian club (if half of the countries involved knew what being a Christian was about!!) instead of nonsense commentary from some of the EU state representatives.

I don't think under the current or supposed future climate this is possible, we only have to look of the situation in France currently where friends tell me of the racist behaviour towards Muslims and lack of opportunity, which has being going on for so long in France it is not surprising it has all kicked off. ( if anyone who has seen La Haine a film about the youth in Paris depicting the very circumstance we are now witnessing in France in 2005, the film was made in 1995!!!)

Also other European countries that have mostly followed the trend of voting in right wing governments over the last few years, so I agree completely that this will be an issue difficult to deal with unless behaviour in Europe changes.

I don’t think that turkey is selling out they are trying to develop and gain grants and advice in order to do so just like any country would, and they will not have to compromise being a Islamic country in order to do so. Turkey has so much to offer the EU for trade, labour, geopolitical status and we also must not forget that turkey has collaborated with the west for sometime through NATO and other organisations.

Anyway if anyone wants more info on turkey/EU please let me know

:D