Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

The specch of a leader in the making....!

Rahima   

Wind talker,

C/qaasim was the rightful leader of Somalia, had any of the warlords been in his place, I guarantee you that none of them would hand over the presidency so lightly, that was my point. Even if he controlled one brick, he was the president as recognized by the world community smile.gif .

C/qaasims mistake was one, his inability to deal with the warlords.

Rahima, I find it ludicrous when others put forward the claim that Yeey is planning a massacre against certain groups. That is the point I was trying to emphasize on my post.

Even if he was, walaahi I would not be surprised in the least bit. This is the guy who fought his own blood cousins (literally), so where do other tribes stand? Like you said, even if the speech was current it would certainly warrant damnation (which was my point) but I agree, I sure as heck wouldn’t loose sleep over it ;) .

It is absolutely a waste of time.

That we agree upon, it serves no purpose really, but all I was objecting to was attributing it as publicity. Let’s just agree that it wrong, evil (just like the man it came out of) and move on.

But I am not convinced that he is disposed to seek revenge on cabudwaq folks or galgaduud folks for that matter.For what purpose,you are not an abstacle to his presidency.

The man has more loyalty to his power than qabiil- I don’t think that he would be so ****** as to openly declare war on any group of Somalis, subtly probably (not just qabiil, but the religious folks in particular) but not explicitly.

Ms Word,

And let’s not forget the war between him and the religious community of PL in the 90s.

OG_Girl   

^^As my grandpa said when I asked him about Yusuf, his answer was " Wa askary, learned only how to kill, destroy not to defend or build a country...and Somali people deserve not less than one who kills them.. what a bad choice"!!!

Salam

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Show us any evidence of any indiscriminate killing of tribesmen irrespective of gender, age, etc committed by Abdulahi Yusuf. Which group? Where? What date? Stats?

Sxb Libaax the answer to this question is not in vague and does not require deep search inorder to produce evidence. But let me ask you this , were you born yesterday or has, according to your knowledge, C/llahi Yusuf been baptised over the last couple of months and hence his sins washed away.

Rahima   

As my grandpa said when I asked him about Yusuf, his answer was " Wa askary, learned only how to kill, destroy not to defend or build a country...and Somali people deserve not less than one who kills them.. what a bad choice"!!!

Amazingly this is the exact same reasoning of a very good friend of mine. When he declared his support for the man (before the election), i almost fell off my chair :eek: .

I was going to terminate the friendship, but the explanation (that of your grandfathers) set my heart at ease :D . I couldn't live with knowing that someone so close to me could possibly support a warlord.

Jamster   

The insurmountable mountains of hate and deceit can never be hidden by merely hallow sounding mantra of Somalihood; such is the feeble attempt of many here who cloak themselves with seemingly colourful garments but their unsightly flesh can be seen under such praiseworthy clothes!

Honestly is the best policy I say.

Emperor   

Aduun ninkii noolow maxaa aragti kuu laaban... :D

Now we are told A Qasim was and still is the hope for Somalia, Rahima believes he's so great that he gave up his presidency :D , and throughout his long political career(Old junta and during Arta) has done only one mistake which was not to negotiate with the warlords.

On the other hand Yey is a ruthless criminal leader who througout his life committed serious massacre against particular clans and (by the sense of horn and Juma) looking forward, working hard for another genoside to be commited against ...... who? no idea, may be they should share if they know this fact.

Simple truth, Yey is no holly man nor has he commited any such crimes you would want us to believe. As a Military man, he always attacked men not civilians, he attacked(either killing or character assination as of the case of this topic) leaders he felt threaned against, he attacked malitia with guns against him not kids and womens on the street of Madina, or Bombing Bakaraha Market, Hargeisa city, destroying wells and rapings in Galkacyo like the Old junt and USC did.

Fact he has(let me say had since he's not the ruler of Puntland now) the most displined army under his strong leadership any one who goes against it would have to face the consequence, how coud such do rape or other things like massacre( this could be death penalty, no joke), arguably better displined than even the Old junta army. Yey is a worlord to you, but people including me might argue he is not, coz he's not as ediot as the ones in Mogadishu or for that matter all of the South. Alright because you are so adamant on this I may agree with you and say he is one, but let's be clear and honest unlike them ones he is a warlord who likes law and order, who implements rules and introduces administration, a man who can't stand isbaaro and havoc on the streets, good evidence is his recent vist to Baidoa, when one of the planes was taken by some RRA militia, the man shocked with that and went as far as changing his idea of placing the government there and comparing it's lawlessness to Mogadisho and for just that, left there urging to create a real administration for the city if not his gorvnment will go somewhere else, this all shows the man's difference with A. qasim(a President sleeping his hotel Ramadan and god knows what was happening houses next to him)....

The man's record is everywhere, not boosting anything about him all am saying is he's as bad as anyone but better than all of them in different forms, if you disagree yeah, you can, just bring evidence as LSK sugested.

ooK JUST SIMPLE

Xoogsade   

Can people voice their displeasure with certain policies? remember, all these arguments started with ethiopian troops being in Mogadishu regardless of the how they are coming?

I think you supporters of abdullahi Yusuf misunderstand what it means to have freedom of choice in a so called federal government, freedom of expression, having a different opinion. You all seem to be saying people have to shut up and accept whatever that is thrown at them. Instead of putting dark interpretations of events, demeaning communities just because they don't like certain policies and feel undermined by it, why not take the time simply and address the benefits of ethiopian inclusion in the troops that are coming? Others have TOLD YOU the DISADVANTAGE which is the ethiopian bias towards Abdullahi Yusuf. If that is difficult for you, and you fear your weakness as an individual will be exposed by explaining the wisdom of ethiopian inclusion in the troops, then stop circulating around nonsense and don't poke other people's somaliness. You have got nothing to say about it except malign others. And that is what you do best.

People who voice concerns about this have legitimate claims and they have stake in this, so it makes sense for them to voice their concerns and displeasure. The issue is addressed, if not, they have moved on and there is nothing the world can do and will do about it.

I think people have been hard on Horn, if he believes Abdiqasin was or is the best hope for Somalia thats his opinion.

As for Juma and his non existant evidence, well what does one expect fom this brother he talks about patriotism and nationalism then tells us Banadir belongs only to his clan. ;)

MsWord, wonderfully confusing as ever, she states the Garowe and Qardo as example of massacres, when and we have some people from those places here dear. The question is do you people even know the meaning of the word?

Half lies have become full truth's to Somali's, for example its forgotten that the great "Islamic" leader Abdiqasin in a press conference called Abdullahi Yusuf a Kafir, this is haram in Islam, no?

Rahima, made some good points about the failure of Arta but overlooked the most important,which was that Abdiqasin lacked basic leadership qualities. He came with many promises and delivered none, the air and sea port are still closed, the warlords have even become more numerous and stronger.

A leader of a nation who's own sub-clan to this day maintain a tightgrip on other poeples land and property from Afgoye to Kimsayuy, the famous charcoal merchants.

What justice has he brought about apart from enriching himself and purchasing couple of homes in Cairo and Mogadishu?

XOOGSADE :D:D A supposed speech made in 2000 has nothing to do with policies of today bro. This was an attempt by dayniile.com and Shabbele to frighten the people into beliveing President Abdullahi is coming for them.

^^^^ people we all know what abdulaahi Yusuf is and no one can cover up any histroy weather is good or bad.

From his release abdulaahi stand up for his people to live in peace and better life. People repect each other and shared the true meaning of life.

But the Question is where was abdiqasim when his people starving for hunger mostly meanigles of killing untill today.

Can abdiqasim at least stop the killing is going on right now in Hobyo, galgaduud .

People like him soposed to go out try their pest to stop these brother who are killing each ather day by day.

The man living in hotal and having his best time don't care what is going on around his neighbor.

Xoogsade   

Duke, Bes waaye, meeshaan ka qeyb galkeeda waa iska daayey. I just sound unlike me, another fadhi ku dirir. I better join where I belong and fit in without feeling that I have compromised my beliefs and capitulated to my unreasonable side because of what someone writes and says in here. Kheeraan kuu rajeynaa saxib.

If everyone accepts that each somali group and individual have a stake in this process, then people must respect everyone's voice and address the matter instead of imposing a certain label to dispell credibility to one's concerns, or accuse them of sinister things. Respect and understanding is what is going to make this process complete. I hope this process goes forward and we get its benefits inshallah.

Bro Juma.

Focus on the positives. Going to Xamar and seeing the progress for yourself might reduce the need to prove anything to anyone who thinks lowly of Mogadishu and its people. I am sure you will be happy and love what you will see. Education, business and entrepreneurship are all at their peak. I hope nothing stops such progress due to political upheaval. Besides, Xaafadaha ugu dhisan, ugu nabad galyada fiican, waa xaafadda reerihiinna deggan yihiin. I am thinking Abdullahi Yusuf will be posing for picutres while he has such modern xaafado behind his back telling the world progress has been made despite lack of government for the last fourteen years LOL.

Anyway, kheeraan idiin rajeenaa kulligiin. I am done here. I don't want to argue. I had done it before and I felt it changed me for the worse.

Jaalle Juma, I believe Madaxweynahaagu committed many crimes and for that I have stated it quite a few times on this forum. But you and I don't agree on the definition "tribal massacre" itself, for that would open the floodgates for silly accusations against any one, thus belittling such heinous crime. We know where tribal massacres occurred. Hargeisa and Burco come to my mind first.

Here is a summary of the oldman's criminal record. :D

-- Fighting against Ethiopia in the sixties.

-- Fighting against Siyaad Barre's powerful army on many fronts.

-- Fighting against Ethiopia in the eighties.

-- Fighting against the USC after its militia captured Galkacyo which had no military protection at the time.

-- Fighting against Al-Itixaad's organized militia after the militia declared Puntland under their rule and held Islaan Maxamed(aun) and Maxamed Abshir Hamaan Hostage.

-- Fighting against Jamac Cali Jamac's militia after Yeey was ousted by clan elders.

-- Fighting against Cadde Muse's militia.

-- Fighting against Riyaale and the Somaliland army in SOOL region.

-- Assassinations against his political rivals. (Suldaan Hurre, Ina Cayddid, Cabdicasiis bowbowle, etc)

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Qorshel:

As a Military man, he always attacked men not civilians, he attacked(either killing or character assination as of the case of this topic) leaders he felt threaned against, he attacked malitia with guns against him not kids and womens on the street of Madina, or Bombing Bakaraha Market, Hargeisa city, destroying wells and rapings in Galkacyo like the Old junt and USC did

Sxb are the civilians in Garowe, Qardho and Bosaso just to mention few not accounted or is it that they were brutally murdered By Yeey hence it makes it legal and justified. The killing of numerous individuals who oppossed his rule and policy are therefore inconsiderate to you I gather. And for all that listed above by LSK, though he is rying to make it norm and moderate. :D , is not to be considered as crime against humanity to you Qorshel I wonder.

Duke :

As for Juma and his non existant evidence, well what does one expect fom this brother he talks about patriotism and nationalism then tells us Banadir belongs only to his clan.

Sxb am suprised you doubted that.. :D . Putting that aside please accept my sincere congrats on your ocassion becoming a parent and please pass my regards to the sister and I pray for both her and the child best of health..amiin..!

As for LSK I can see where you are coming from , but bear in mind my defence for the warlords of Mogadishu will stand as long as we have stooges in here who tend to give Yeey the status of 'Mother Teresa'. If they come clean on him and accept the fact that the tiger has not yet changed his spots and is in route to chaos and mayhem in Somalia because he chose not to pursue the path of reconciliation and harmonising Somalia and which he was given the greatest oppurtunity to do so. then maybe we can have a constructive argument, untill then I think is as said before 'habar walba xarkey dhasho ayey Xayoo tirah'.