Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

DEC 31, exactly 13 year of annversary!!

Bachelor   

It seems like yesterday and most if now all recall where were we when the civil war broke. I wasnt present in Xamar at that time whereas i remember glued with BBC.

Today is December 31. Exactly 13 years ago the civil war broke out in Mogadisho and still going on, it is my wish that every one plays a role for a novel cause that of peace and stability in Somalia.

Make Ducaa for peace and stablity brothers and sister in ISLAM.

bilan   

salaam

i was in mogadisho,actually i was in my class getting ready to take my midterm exam,i studied that exam all day,i will make my du'a even though i do not think i will ever see somalia as we knew it.

Samafal   

salaam

i was in mogadisho,actually i was in my class getting ready to take my midterm exam,i studied that exam all day,i will make my du'a even though i do not think i will ever see somalia as we knew it.

Bulo I was in same situation exactly 13 years ago. I remember being glued to my books preparing myself for Grade 8 Midterm exam. But my family had some other ideas in mind; they were preparing us to flee for our lives from the worsening condition. I could not comprehend why we had to leave our home, but thought we will go back soon anyway. Never we did.

Here I am tonight 13 years later, reflecting what the situation would be like for the people of Lascaano, where war looms. If this war ever happens, it will be another tragedy facing Somali people. It seems no lesson has been learnt for thirteen years.

I really don’t see the benefit of war for both sides, at the end of the day is the people who will lose whatever the end result might be. Let us pray for peace, May Allah avert us from another catastrophe, Amiin.

Salaan...

Bachelor--are you still "doob?" :D , Hopefully this new year will be the time to settle ;) --macalinka, I thought the war started exactly on the 26th day of December, 1990, in Xamar and ended exactly within a month on January 26, 1991,{perhaps Wednesday}, when Max'ed Siyaad Barre left Xamar.

I know this vividly that it started on 26th because I was preparing to go to "afternon" school day. {I was galableey student and I deeply detested that} At first there was this huge bang in Suuqa Siinaay where the largest suuqa jaadka was located in about 12 p.m. on that fateful day of December. This explosion would be heard almost most xaafado across Xamar.

No one could have ever predicted that explosion's consequence. I can still remember that I was, at first, happy because right after that explosion gunfights erupted in nearby xaafad of Hawl Wadaag, where its police station was overran by "thugs" who looted its guns and that "afternoon's" school was obviously going to be cancelled. Alas, if I only knew...that Xamar would never be same--so far.

Macsalaama.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

I know this vividly that it started on 26th because I was preparing to go to "afternon" school day. {I was
galableey
student and I deeply detested that} At first there was this huge bang in
Suuqa Siinaay where the largest suuqa jaadka was located in about 12 p.m. on that fateful day of December. This explosion would be heard almost most xaafado across Xamar.

No one could have ever predicted that explosion's consequence. I can still remember that I was, at first, happy because right after that explosion gunfights erupted in nearby xaafad of
Hawl Wadaag
, where its police station was overran by "thugs" who looted its guns and that "afternoon's" school was obviously going to be cancelled. Alas, if I only knew...that Xamar would never be same--so far.

i'm not sure whether it was 30th or 26 but i was in mogadishu and was walking in kilometer 5. it started exactly as MMR discribed. the difference was my family and i stayed behind, saw siyad's escape, then looting and most of the civil war specially inter-USC wars between Jen Aidid and Ali mahdi. then left for somalia for good.

bilan   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

I thought the war started exactly on the 26th day of December, 1990, in Xamar and ended exactly within a month on January 26, 1991,{perhaps Wednesday}, when Max'ed Siyaad Barre left Xamar.

what did the war ended and i do not know?

Miskeen -

You talking about the war "ended"? If it ended then this topic would be useless sxb.

It's a time to remember and reflect and a chance to rethink our top priorities. An old English poet once said "Ignorance is not innocence but sin." So a lot of Somalis, and Africans, are committing sins because of their ignorance, which is what's keeping them down.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Peace