Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Times discussions on Somali Pirates

Meiji you actually think you are packing punches, just blowing hot smelly air. lool.

The Italians were fought by both the Suldans of kenaded & King Osman of North East.

The British were fought by Suldan Mohamoud Ali Shire and the Dervishes under the Sayid.

These individuals and groupings liberated the nation. Obviously you played some role in those dramatic days, Mujahid.

As for today lad, this is a network that is not supported by the population or the government, they made a hell of money without killing Somali’s.

I can guarantee you one thing about Puntland.

A Pirates will never be elected a traditional elder unlike Looter Ahmed Diriye

A Pirate will never be seen as a religious leader unlike warlord-thug IndaCade.. ;)

Sorry again your hate for Puntland shows but what can you do? The people of Puntland dont really care for this cat and mouse game and if the international community want to end this its simple, help the Police and military of the state. Then its over in a few minutes. :D

Piracy emerged following the collapse of the Somali government in 1991. With the government gone, European ships began dumping millions of barrels of toxic waste into the ocean off the Somali coast. At the same time, illegal trawlers began fishing Somalia’s seas with an estimated $300 million of tuna, shrimp, and lobster being taken each year, depleting stocks previously available to local fishermen. Following the 2004 tsunami, hundreds of rusting barrels washed up on shore leaking toxic and nuclear waste with more than 300 people dying. Through interception with speedboats, Somali fishermen tried to either dissuade the dumpers and trawlers or levy a “tax” on them as compensation. In an interview, Sugule Ali, one of the pirate leaders explained “We don’t consider ourselves sea bandits. We consider sea bandits (to be) those who illegally fish and dump in our seas.” Inevitably, due to economic conditions in Somalia or greed, some fishermen eventually took to piracy for their own financial benefit. The western powers are the terrorists. The NYTimes is a propaganda organ for the elites. Get US out of Somali waters.

^^Here i found alle ubaahane lecturing about the root causes of piracy

The solution is to treat the problem at its sources; number one, the foreign vessels illegally shipping within Somalia water must be stopped. Number two; US should support the process of forming strong local-people led central government, and not oppose it when or if it emarge as the Bush adminstration did 3years ago. Number four; US must work with Somalia authorities whatever form or shape they might be and it must address this problem locally rather than internationalising

The internationally community eyes only see Somali pirates while they are ignoring the massive illegal fishing that is going in within Somalia sea for the last 20 years. Average Somalis are now confince that what international community wants is the iollegal fishing and waste dumping to continues done mainly by 5 UN perminant members, in which France is the leading illegal fisherer, when so-called Somali-Pirates started their sea patrolling, the Tuna prices went up worldwide, illegally shipping fleets from powerful nations stop sending their ships to Somalia coast at least for the moment.

Finally, Somali pirates is part of the problem but certainly not the only problem if there is justice.

— John Lewis

Meiji   

The Italians were fought by both the Suldans of kenaded & King Osman of North East.

Duke,

The 2 clan chiefs were the first collaborators with the Italians. They were the first two clan chiefs who sold Somali land to Italy for annual payment.

It's like saying 100 years later that A.Yusuf liberated Somalia from the EThiopian occupation and Sh.Aweys collaborated with them LOL.

-------------------- -------------------- ----

Anyways, Piracy and Puntland are interrelated and the world knowes it.

Meiji

Adeer dont tell us what your uncles told you and toolka talking points. The two kings were legends and they both fought to the end. And indeed was it not Yasin Osman Kenadeed who was an instrumental player in SYL and was it not Abdirashid ALi Sharmarke who became a PM?

Both sons of the Sultanate of Hobyo, build by the Kenadeeds.

Thus even Somalia's greatest days thus far had its roots with the Sultans and we know what happened after that...

Still Puntland will never call a Pirate Nabadoon or Shiekh. We know they are tough businessmen and criminals at worst.

Meiji   

^^

History is written, I merely tell what historical books say. You are the one that is recycling bedtime stories from your uncles.

SYL had many young men from different regions, and its seat was Mogadishu.

Historical fact is that both clan chiefs placed Somali lands under Italian protection in order to receive some annual payment. They collaborated in the Italian campaign against the Darawish in Hiiraan, they collaborated in the British campaign against the Darawish in Northern Somalia.

After they have been used, they were made to pledge loyalty and obedience to Italy, and when they refused and started to revolt their will was broken within a short period. Ironically their own kinsmen were armed and used against those two clan chiefs.

That shamefull collaboration and eventual humiliation and defeat is recorded in history books, your SPIN-tactics can not change what is written.

The two clan chiefs were just A.Yusuf kinda men. Nothing great or legendary about them, only shame and defeat.

^^^Which historical books are you reading.

The clan talk by Ahmed Diriye?

Or how I liberated Islam by Maulana Yusuf IndaCade?

Give us a break... :D

Like I said before Yusuf Kenadaaed's hobyo produced legends like Omar Samatar, AbdiRashid Ali Sharmarke and Yasin Osman.

Boqor Osman's kingdom was the last region to be conquored by the Colonials in 1927, he held out for years.

Thus adeer go talk to your audiance here is a historian from the Punt regions of Somalia.

Meiji   

Read Italian Colonialism in Somalia by Robert L. Hess.

There he says:

The Italians might well have become discouraged in their search for colonies in East Africa had not a sudden impetus come from a most unexpected quarter- northeastern Somalia.

On December 12, 1888, a delegation from Yusuf Ali, sultan of Obbia, arrived in Zanzibar and requested the protection of Italy.

He goes on,

Filonardi recognized the opportunity for Italy to extend its trade and to obtain a foothold in the supposedly promising Somali area at the spontaneous invitation of one of the local rulers

On February 8, Yusuf Ali placed his sultanate under Italian protection in return for an annual subsidy of 1,200 Maria thalers

On April 7 an agreement was reached (With Osman Mahmud) that was similar and simplicity to that signed by Yusuf Ali

Page 24-25

Those 2 clan chiefs have invited Italy to SOmalia.

Now, I can bring in more humiliating historical refrences but I wont derail this thread.

^^^lool. First of all who was this author and second can you provide the reference where you are copiying this from.

Also the dates when did the Italians enter Somalia and what year were these "supposed" deals made?

Kindly provide the signatures of the Suldans also.

The Western world had made protectorates of most of the known world. But these Suldanataes were independend adeer and the Italiahns were not "invited to Somalia" they conquored it.

Your claims against the Sultanates is the same as those the West make that they civilised Africa and taught the Mohamedians how to wash

:D

These kings [including Mohamoud Ali Shire] were more advanced, than any Somali groups of their age and even now.

Where is Hobyo

Meiji   

Save us the nonsense. I provided the title of the book, the author and the pages where those quoatations were taken from.

Go to your library and do research.

I can bombard you out of your imagined reality with tens of historical records proving that the two clan chiefs were the biggest colonial collaboraters in Somalia, and that after they were used and abused, they were subdued themselves and the clan chiefs dethroned. Reminds me of A.Yusuf and his affaire with the Abbysinian rulers Mengistu and Meles Zenawi.

^^^loool. Should I quote Salman Rushdie as a reference on Islam? Who is your author, and what is your book?

Nonsense go talk to some one who never went to school lad.

I told you again the light of Somalia and its golden age were played by Reer Kenadeed, from the day he stepped into Hobyo till Independence.

Even the man who invented the Somali script was Osman Yusuf Kenadeed.

Sorry lad the men you insulted are titans.

The ones you applaud are looters who stole property. Can you compare such things? ;)

everytime i hear the word abdullahi yusuf i suddenly lose whatever good mood i have and fly of into a rage. i did'nt realise this ******* tried to attack somalia after the o war to overthrow siad barre.

the coward should have been tried for treason long time ago

as for the piracy,

it's obvious what we need. a freakin central government with an air force and a navy.

so that we can protect out waters and fish and not give reasons for the world navies to approach our lands so that their commercial vessels can continue to plunder and dump toxic waste in our waters