Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Name-calling exchange between Jirde vs. M. Hashi: an eye-opener!

Baashi   

Here is a quick summary (not edited) for an article that appeared on Jamhuuriya.

A heated exchange between the influential deputy speaker Mr. Jirde and former minister of Commerce M. Hashi took an unexpected turn yesterday when Mr. Jirde held a public news conference to defend himself from charges leveled at him. Mr. Hashi accused the senior government officials of being weak on Somaliland national security and untrustworthy for the leadership positions they are currently occupying. In an unusual bellow the belt salvo, Mr. Hashi said that Mr. Jirde is [edited] the son of stingy Indian merchant (Baaniyaal), and not a true Somalilander!

In response to the charge, Mr. Jirde succumbed to the finger pointing exercise and joined the name-calling tirade that characterized the Somaliland politics as of late. In his part he called Mr. Hashi a son of Ethiopian father or (A-m-h-a-r). He urged Somalilanders to take closer look at Mr. Hashi facial features!

He spoke at length the root cause of the dispute between the two politicians. According to Mr. Jirde, Mr. Hashi allegedly urged the leadership to find a quick resolution on the question of the Eastern Somaliland borders and if necessary use force. Aside the personal dispute, Mr. Jirde revealed a bitter truth about the reality of the Puntland-Somaliland border question.

Using the population estimate for the presidential election, Mr. Jirde said the H a r t i populations in the former British Somaliland are about 800,000 (20% of Somaliland pop.). Of that, only (“Fu’aad Aadan Cadde iyo Siddeetan reerkiisa ahâ€) eighty soldiers of Fu’ad’s sub-clan, are loyal for our cause (secession). That roughly translates 0.01% of the H a r t i population. Moreover, convincing Somaliland clan militia to stay at the front has proved to be a tall order. They (the militia) just wouldn’t stay at the front, Mr. Jirde said.

Here is a quote from the speech as reported by Jamhuuriya “Xudduudana sideedaba Dawladdu ma ilaaliso, xuduuda la leeyahay waa la soo xidhayaa haddii la tago gelin ma la joogayaa, lama joogi karayo, Toon ayaynu tagnay gabalku uguma dhicin Ciidamadeenii waa la aamini waayay, Salaxlay 15 daqiiqo ayaa la joogay oo waa laga soo jiireeyay waana la aamini waayay. Ninka leh 500km intaan socdo ayaan xuduudkaa bari tagayaa oo aan ku nagaanayaa dee waa Beentaaâ€

He reminded the audience the “Ciidagale†fiasco in Hargeisa. Mohamed Hashi and others wanted to drive them out but failed and for two years they couldn’t even push them from the airport surroundings. Even good old Xaaji Waraabe had to be guarded from Hashi and his likes Mr. Jirde said.

Mr. Jirde also exposed the reality of the clan politics (many knew this fact al along) and the need to acknowledge the Burco/Ceel-Afweyn factor in resolving the border dispute. He said only these clans can talk to “them†because they are the ones whose security and wellbeing will be affected. Hargiesa clans and their leaders like Mohamed Hashi and Waraabe should not park from cozy and far away safe houses; Mr. Jirde urged his nemesis to heed his advice: let those who have stake on the peace spearhead the effort to end the dispute and don’t inflame the situation further.

Here is the quote H-a-r-t-i, yaa la hadli kara?, H-a-r-t-i waxa la hadli kara ninkaas ay wada daaqaan ee ay ceelka ka wada cabaan ee ay Ab iyo Isir is dhaleen. Nin gobabka Xaraf fadhiyaa inuu halkaas uun ka baano mooyaane H-a-r-t-i waxba kama sheegi karo. Colaada uu hurinayana haddii ay dhacdo waxa uu ogyahay in aanay soo gaadhayn isaga. Maxamed Waxa uu doonayaa inuu halkan kaga damaashaado dagaalka Bari ku dhex maraya Beelahaas iyo Beelaha I-s-a-a-q ee Bari oo uu ummaddaas dhex dhigo colaad isir ah oo aan dhammaanayn. Arrinta Bari arrin Maxamed Xaashi iyo rag la mid ah loo daba fadhiisan lahaa ma aha. Ragga loo daba fadhiisanayo waa la ogyahay waa dadkay taabanayso ee Masiirkooda iyo nabadgelyadoodu ay ku jirto, laakiin ninka Gobabka Hargeysa ka baanayoow Adeer aadyar iska qayil.â€

NB: This is a news article that appeared on Jamhuuriya. It sheds light on the reality on the ground. This is not my opinion!

Gabbal   

In an unusual bellow the belt salvo, Mr. Hashi said that Mr. Jirde is a known b-a-s-t-a-r-d, the son of an Indian father (Baaniyaal), and not a true Somalilander!

In his part he called Mr. Hashi a son of Ethiopian father or (A-m-h-a-r). He urged Somalilanders to take closer look at Mr. Hashi facial features!

Ilaahay amarkiis, Soomaalidu meel kasto ee joogaan waa isku si, waa isku dhaqan, wa isku dabeecad :D:D:D:D:D

Siyaasiinta dadkeena (not distinguishing between Sland and Somalia icon_razz.gif ) waa wax nalagu haabaaray. :D

As for the information contained in the article; I can say I'm not very well aware of the clan animosity and problems in "Somaliland", but I do find it refreshing when people do speak the truth for once, although this was a tad bit to blunt :D

H-a-r-t-i, yaa la hadli kara?, H-a-r-t-i waxa la hadli kara ninkaas ay wada daaqaan ee ay ceelka ka wada cabaan ee ay Ab iyo Isir is dhaleen. Nin gobabka Xaraf fadhiyaa inuu halkaas uun ka baano mooyaane H-a-r-t-i waxba kama sheegi karo. Colaada uu hurinayana haddii ay dhacdo waxa uu ogyahay in aanay soo gaadhayn isaga. Maxamed Waxa uu doonayaa inuu halkan kaga damaashaado dagaalka Bari ku dhex maraya Beelahaas iyo Beelaha I-s-a-a-q ee Bari oo uu ummaddaas dhex dhigo colaad isir ah oo aan dhammaanayn. Arrinta Bari arrin Maxamed Xaashi iyo rag la mid ah loo daba fadhiisan lahaa ma aha. Ragga loo daba fadhiisanayo waa la ogyahay waa dadkay taabanayso ee Masiirkooda iyo nabadgelyadoodu ay ku jirto, laakiin ninka Gobabka Hargeysa ka baanayoow Adeer aadyar iska qayil.â€

Out of anger the truth at last comes out. It seems Jirde has spoken what we have always known. There is no military capacity on the part of the secessionist, what’s even more interesting is that lately they have been rattled to such an extent that their well rehearsed lines are coming apart.

“Xudduudana sideedaba Dawladdu ma ilaaliso, xuduuda la leeyahay waa la soo xidhayaa haddii la tago gelin ma la joogayaa, lama joogi karayo, Toon ayaynu tagnay gabalku uguma dhicin Ciidamadeenii waa la aamini waayay, Salaxlay 15 daqiiqo ayaa la joogay oo waa laga soo jiireeyay waana la aamini waayay. Ninka leh 500km intaan socdo ayaan xuduudkaa bari tagayaa oo aan ku nagaanayaa dee waa Beentaaâ€

There goes the 30, 000 army. The celebrated power of the SNM soldiers and the saying made by people like Ina Warrabe “We will go as far as Garoweâ€. ;)

They already blinking and Ina Yey is not even in Mogadishu yet…

:D

Gabbal   

They already blinking and Ina Yey is not even in Mogadishu yet…

Ok Smith, we seem to be giving adeerkiis some mythical powers as of late huh? icon_razz.gif

Ok Smith, we seem to be giving adeerkiis some mythical powers as of late huh?

Bro it seems all my work has paid of, just look how hard brothers like Toolstoy and websites like Somaliland.org are working. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Baashi:

In his part he called Mr. Hashi a son of Ethiopian father or (A-m-h-a-r). He urged Somalilanders to take closer look at Mr. Hashi facial features!

AHAHA Look at his facial features coz Amxaar buu u egyahay! That's a new one.

^^^ Cakaara was one of the oldest and most famous Maqaaxi in downtown Hargeisa.

On the subject matter..

This is a classical "Yooyootan", Somaliland politicians are famous for that. That is all as far they go however. No bullets or fights. Just mere name callings and character assissination.

But, however this is between two men *Biyo Hoosta iska haraatiyey ayagaa is og*, but still it is a very unneeded and shameful of behalf of these gentlemen to engage in this. Especialy at this piont of time when we need to be working in unity to overcome the many problems that lay infront of us.

I urge the gentlement concerned to engage in a more lively and healthy debate let their critism be more constructive, instead of this useless name calling and attacks on indivituals.

I urge the gentlement concerned to engage in a more lively and healthy debate let their critism be more constructive, instead of this useless name calling and attacks on indivituals.

By any chance do they frequent this forum or are they actual members of SOL? Damn is Jirde Qudac and Hashi Baalerz in disquise? :D

Gediid   

I wish people would really look at an article with an open mind and then pass judgement.The whole episode you see there is just a public spat between 2 influential politicians.First off lemme correct Baashi,Hashi never used bas-tard in his speech.He used the word baaniyal a word demeaning in nature in Somaliland but not meaning a bas-tard as Baashi interpreted(I've always thought baashi as a master of Somalis and their use of the Somali language but I guess I was wrong).Secondly Jirde just came out and said what nearly all Somaliland intellengtsia knew all along that war isnt and shouldnt be an option when dealing with Sool.This is a fact the house of elders of Somaliland have stated all along and Jirde stated so eloquently with examples.I don't know why this should come as a suprise now but I guess for someone raised on cheeseburgers and video games I guess its ok for them to interpret this as a victory if at all there are winners and losers in this saga..Horey Somali u tidhi habar fadhida legtin la fudud.

India   

Bashi

Since when is Baniyal =******* . Baniyal is anyone who resmbles Asian and in particlur Indians. It also refers to those who accept lower wage than the avarage.

Does demening Somaliland/Somalilanders mean that much that you have to fabricted even spats between to old adverseries!!!

Damn brother, you really should relax!

Will see what else you lot come up with in the near future.

Is it fair to say SOL = Some ONline Liers ;)

NGONGE   

Apart from the hilarious and funny name calling (just as well they didn’t make use of slander laws), this sounds like an interesting political discussion.

Did the people of the disputed territories take part in the presidential election? :confused: