Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Take Hijab Off

Modesty, now that I read on the last reply I posted it did seem kinda harsh. So truly sorry about that, and I really hope that you didnt take it in the wrong way.

And to hear that you went to the interview covered, we all have to clap to that.it was something tough for you and alhamdullilah you made the right choice. Inshallah you get that job

i am still searching for a surah of quran that says women must wear a hijab!!!.... the jury is still out on this one!!

looks like we r fullfilling the ibn saud wife standards! :confused:

Modesty   

^^^LAst reply was for test!!

Anyways, don't worry chocalata, no hard feelings!! Anyways, RUdy the Quran says to cover your ''bosom'' it doesn't talk about headcover, however, hadith says so.So Quran and Hadith go together

NAWAAL   

i might sound hypocritical but what i do is take out my scarf for the day, go to the interview and when i land the job, i put it back on. few times the managers were complaining but they knew if i was fired as a result of my hijab, that will lead to a law suit. i don't wanna judge you sister coz i was in your shoes many times. Do what feels right for you and your iman.

best wishes

Modesty   

Nawaal , i feel ya! They haven't replied to me yet, if they don't hire me..i know it's because of my hijab, but you know what I feel great that I didn't give in to "gaalo" expectations. When I get the job, I'll let you guys know.

Nephissa   

You can dress to impress with the Hijaab on. Coordinate the scarf with the shirt, or the ankle-length skirt. There'r hip Islamic fashions.

Good luck Modesty, hope you get the job.

t_16278_01.jpg