Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Take Hijab Off

Modesty   

Salaamu alaykum

I was wondering if you were trying to get a dream job, and you are scared that they might not take you with your hijab(mine is a tiny scarf) would you take it off?

Miriam1   

massive choice eh, honeslty, its what the hijab means to you....therefore it depends. TO me its a part of me,,,a part of my identity..take it all or leave it...also u can be tricky about it

dress greatly, sharp and smart, ur hijab doesnt have to stand out like a sore thumb, match and coordinate...if u still feel that it was the hijab, as the main reason for ur rejection...then i am sure u wouldnt want to work for bigots, even if tis ur dream job

As-salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baarakatu

THE SLAVE OF WEALTH

Someone may ask: what is the proof that some people submit themselves to money and other such things? The proof is in the hadeeth of the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) where he said, “Wretched is the worshipper of the Dirham, wretched is the worshipper of the Deenaar...†[Related by al-Bukhaaree (no. 6435) and Ibn Maajah (no. 4132) from Aboo Hurayrah (radiyallaahu ’anhu). ]

Someone may ask: how does this servitude to money manifest itself and what is it’s nature? It is when the heart becomes so in love with money, that it covers up and suppresses the love for Allaah to the degree that the persons attempts to attain that wealth by any means possible and is willing to disobey Allah at any cost – neither caring whether that wealth comes to him through lawful means; in obedience to Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam), or means that are unlawful and prohibited in the Religion.

Understand by reflection, that every single heart in all created things has feelings, desires and inclinations. It has the desire to love, to gain good and beneficial things for itself; It can feel fear, terror, and also it can submit and surrender. When its feelings, desires and inclinations are all directed towards Allaah, then it is a heart that worships and serves Allaah alone. Therefore, it fears only Allaah, seeks and desires only Allaah’s mercy, it loves Allaah and whatever He loves; and it surrenders and submits itself only to Allaah. However, when these feelings desires and inclinations are directed to other than Allaah, then it is a heart which worships and serves that object which has captured and enslaved it.

Courtesy: troid.org

Baluug   

The answer is obvious(I'm a man,though,so i don't wear hijab).Allah can give you anything you want,while a job will give you a little bit of money,probably enough only to live,and a lot of stress.Also,your boss can't send you to hell forever although it feels like it sometimes lol

Blessed   

Salaams sis,

This seems like a familiare dilema for many sisters.

Originally posted by juba:

it depends on which is more important to you, a job or God?

I hear that! Nothing is worth the pleasure of Allah. And remember it is He who provides. This might be of some inspiration, I only wear the the khimaar but my best friend wheres a niqaab. She is less qualified and less experienced but we were both looking for work- everybody expected me to get a job first- being a niqaabi people tried to put her off the whole work thing.

Well, in the end she got a job first.

If it's meant for ya, you will get it. So never sell-out for a job or to fit in because it isn't worth it and you don't need to. I mean why would you wanna work for people who wouldn't accept you had you followed your deen and dared to be different?

May Allah make it easier for ya smile.gif

Modesty   

Salaam and thanks for the replies everyone, and I agree with what alot of you have said. But somethings are walahi easily said than done. Of course I believe in the hijab.

Secondly, Mr.Waryaa, it's not simple for a guy to understand, you guys dress however you want, sometimes I find it not fair that guys dress like how they want while we have to represent the deen by ourselfs.Girls with hijab get the most discrimination from this kafir society, so alot of us have to spend our daily lives struggling with our hijab while most guys wear shorts and t-shirts and a baseball cap. There is a "male hijab" also, but most guys don't wear it. I never thought about this until a few days ago, but I find it truly surprising that the females get the most discrimination, and to me it's unfair. Furthermore, when a guy wears shorts that show his knees, no one goes up to him to say don't wear that. But when a girl wears a skirt that shows here ankles everyone jumps down her throat. Plus, hijab is just a man-made cloth, but the meaning of it is what is important, if you wear hijab and don't have islamic manners what is the use. I have seen alot of sisters with hijab that are plain cruel and vile, and I have seen muslim sisters with no hijab and great manners. So, what is my point? I don't know, but I just wanted to make all kinds of points since we are talking about hijab.

I know everyone is going to jump and start saying I'm not acting "like a muslim" and that sort of stuff. But I'm not against hijab, for I wear it myself.

Originally posted by Modesty:

Girls with hijab get the most discrimination from this kafir society,

What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

Originally posted by Modesty:

I know everyone is going to jump and start saying I'm not acting "like a muslim" and that sort of stuff. But I'm not against hijab, for I wear it myself.

---------------------------------------------

I am among the ones who gonna say that..please try to separate your daily spiritual and material life.It was GOD allah s.w. who instructed muslims not only Women to cover themselves..not because of discrimination but a HIJAAB which acts as a shield..a protection..

When you wear HIJAAB everyone gives you respect..but get semin nude and you will see all kinds of abuse and motives aimed at you.

You will never see a glamorous party of the hihest authorities in the UK say like the queen having a party and ladies getting semi nude..?They don't like it..it is against their culture and religion to be like that..

why should we..

Ask yourself....who gave you the strength to go and seek your dream job...the health, the life, the Rizq and education..the mind..

ALLAH subhanahuu watacaala...STOP smile.gif

Beard   

Bismillah,

Most of these thoughts are just wispers of shaytan.

I used to have the same thoughts about growing beard.

--People will attack me in the streets

--anti-terrorist police will trail me

---Employers will discriminate against me.

---etc.

I just ignored this thoughts, grew thick beard and started dressing very islamically.

There were strange looks initially beacuse there are no many muslims in my area.

On the whole I feel much more respected by non-muslims now.

Deep down none muslims actually look down on muslims who immitate them.

Modesty, you know I used to be exactly like you.

But then I listened to this lecture, and the shiekh was saying how the muslim girls who hang out with boy's their attitudes towards islam changes.

And how they won't take off the scarf, but their ideoligies are the same as the west. And I think thats wats going on with you. That or it might be cos your hanging off each and every word your non Muslim friends seem to say and think.

My advice; stay away from the boys..you'll see the difference. And keep your friends..but just try and reach for the quran once in a while. And trust me, you'll never ask questions like that again.

PS~ NO OFFENCE INTENDED. :cool:

Modesty   

Salaam,

In Islam, I learned to question things, we have to use our brains! I am by no means against hijab, and I'm certainly not "westernized" away from Islam. Plus, I went to the interview with my hijab, and I'm glad I did. I feel so good that I didn't compromise an article of my faith in Allah to conform to what I thought was "acceptable" in this kafir society. Secondly, I advice some muslims here to advice people gently (in real life especially) regarding some issues or questions they have about the deen. In Islam, it is okay to ask questions, and people shouldn't make the other person feel like they are a bad muslim for doing so.

P.S. I don't hang out with guys that much, although I do have a couple of guy friends, but nevertheless, I still think guys have it easy in this kafir society because they can wear whatever they want.

bilan   

i do not think anything wrong with asking questions, do not we all have our weak moments where we need someone to remind us and encourage us. and i do not think anyone can dispute that men have easy life in western countries especially after 9/11,no one stares them at the trains,shopping malls, when they look for a job they dress exactly like a western man tie and suit; however Allah will give you ajar for all the hardships that you're going through, and remember how the campanions of the prophet(PPUH) were tortured and they never compromised their faith. if Allah meant you to get the job you will get,if not there is always another one i am looking for a job now and it helps me when i think that way :D .

Beard   

Bismillah,

Men having it easy out doors is expected given that traditional western dressing code for men covers their 'aura adequately(alxamdullillah).

Also remember what Allah(subhana wa ta'ala)commanded the mothers of the believers and by extension all believing women.

32. O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allâh), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery, etc.) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.

33. And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance, and perform As-Salât (Iqamât­as­Salât), and give Zakât and obey Allâh and His Messenger. Allâh wishes only to remove Ar­Rijs (evil deeds and sins, etc.) from you, O members of the family (of the Prophet SAW), and to purify you with a thorough purification.

((Al-azhab 33:32-33))

So those who believe in him (Muhammad SAW), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur'ân) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful[].

(((Al-a'raf 7:157)))

Modesty   

Bilan thanks for sharing that, you are so right, good luck on your job search!!

Beard gave this --32. O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allâh), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery, etc.) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.

I was wondering does this ayah pertain to the prophets wives only? Does it mean only for the prophet's wives not to soften their voices, or does it apply to all muslim women??