Sign in to follow this  
me

Comments on Somali Unity by Jama Mohamed Ghalib

me   

We are Soomaalida Rahima, and you have not answered my question, are we not the same people?

The hate and the killings are mostly being done by paid moor-yaan and jirri who work for blood thirsty warlords or equally incompetent politicians.

The people do not hate each other. The people just want to live.

Peace is not a precursor for unity nor is love.

Unity is a precursor to peace and love.

Yes wanting each other is important. I ask you how can we know who wants who; if all we do is tell ourselves that region hates that region, If we divide them and never look at what unites them?

Plus why start with others while we can start it over here on SOL smile.gif

Why don’t you join us in our unity, peace and love?

Just as a fellow Somali who wants to see the IDEAL realized smile.gif

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

I have refused to discuss further in this, but remember Mr. Me, I have always stood against corrupt politicians in any form they come, but the problem that you are forgeting to realize is that these talked about politicians are everywhere in the Somali peninsula. So therefore, don't make it seem as though these corrupt politicians are just in Somaliland alone, this is the point that I am trying to make in which you have simply overlooked once again.If you think Somaliland is the only problem, then think again saxib.

Have a good day now.

Rahima   

The hate and the killings are mostly being done by paid moor-yaan and jirri who work for blood thirsty warlords or equally incompetent politicians.

The people do not hate each other. The people just want to live.

BS, I used to think that until I opened my eyes to reality.

It’s only the poor and destitute (namely some back home) who want to live, but they are powerless. The rest of Somalis, namely the majority with any sort of wealth and those in the diaspora are in a general sense hating warlord supporters. Let’s get real, Somalis do hate one another, no one cares for brotherhood save the very few who Allah has saved from the illness. The rest are the first to send money when their tribe is at war, and refuse to help out the suffering of other areas/regions- that my brother is clear hate. Are you going to deny that this happens all the freakin' time?

Peace is not a precursor for unity nor is love.

Unity is a precursor to peace and love.

That is so warped mate :D . How the bloody hell are you going to have unity of people who hate and kill each other :confused: ? The prophet instilled in his followers a sense of brotherhood (to the point that they would give up part of their wealth for their brother), then sort to unite them under the one leadership.

I ask you how can we know who wants who; if all we do is tell ourselves that region hates that region, If we divide them and never look at what unites them?

I figure that fighting for independence is a darn good indication wouldn’t you say? Likewise fighting along clan/region lines is another darn good indication.

Why don’t you join us in our unity, peace and love?

Because you are deluded icon_razz.gif . You want unity but you’re going about it the wrong way. Once you realise that the problem is bigger than unity and SL, perhaps we can discuss. Till then I feel like you and others are on a futile mission that many before you took and failed.

me   

Rahima about peace, unity and love, which is precursor to which, well its a chicken and egg story. You are right with your way of looking at and so am I, so we are stuck on that.

About delusion well, arent we all crazy?

Allot people have failed, but one only fails if they loose hope. You should always rise above these emotions. See your end goal and work for it, I mean just talking to people in daily life and making them think is enough. No need to be gun toting. Also shutting down the lies of those who want to divide us even further is a priority.

In this topic you have seen how all the pro-seceion arguments have been discredited. There is no argument for secession except CLAN and if they want to use the clan card to divide Somalia so can they be divided.

These lies make everything worse, but to push their agenda the clannish entities will always try to create mistrust and animosity. Thats how they function, thats how they survive.

Rahima   

Rahima about peace, unity and love, which is precursor to which, well its a chicken and egg story. You are right with your way of looking at and so am I, so we are stuck on that.

It’s nothing like the chicken and egg story, I’m sorry mate but on this you are most definitely wrong :D .

You cant have unity between people who hate and kill each other, you just can’t.

You need to treat the illness till then all should remain in quarantine. Once they have been cured they should be let out onto the green pastures of unity, otherwise they’ll poison the land.

Clan btw is not alone to SL, so who the bloody hell cares if that is the reason they want to secede. We kill based on clan, how about that.

me   

Your pessimism is almost infectious thank god I am immune to it.

I believe that the people have no choice, as long as there are elements in society that are benefiting from these divisions there will be no peace, so first we need to get rid of those, because they are the obstacles to peace and unity.

If we let them continue to create these divisions and sow the seeds of even deeper animosities we will have conflicts that will haunt us for generations to come.

The beneficiaries of this chaos will do everything to keep things as they are.

It is exactly a chicken and egg story.

Unity brings peace and prosperity.

Without unity there will be divisions and with divisions come conflicts and conflicts are the opposites of peace. Prosperity and conflicts hmmm... do not go together except in the case of war profiteers.

Peace bringing unity and prosperity

Without peace there can be no unity because what’s there to unite if there is no peace and people are killing each other how can you unite them?

So no peace without unity and no unity without peace.

So it’s simple, don’t ask the people anything just fight the evil ones, unite the country and then ask questions.

A perfect example would be a movement just like the wadaadyaal. Just do it and ask questions later.

If the ICU moved through the whole country and unites all the regions then that’s it. We will have a unity of command and unity of heart will come later.

And about clan it’s everywhere, I am not disagreeing with you on that but what I am saying to you is clan should not be used to kill for (killing is wrong no matter what reason) nor should clan be used to divide a nation.