Sign in to follow this  
me

Comments on Somali Unity by Jama Mohamed Ghalib

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

MR. ME, I still don't get why you are over exagerating this whole debate. Besides what is the bases of this discusion, is it about letting the people of SOOl and Sanaag decide their own destiny or is it about unity?

Regarding the Sool and Sanaag situation, I would say any Muslim or human being doesn't have the right to force another one of something he/she doesnt want. In this case if the people of Sool and Sanaag choose to remain with the rest of brethererns from Somalia and not seccede with their equally brothers in Somaliland, that is a choice made by the residents of Sool and Sanaag and that needs to be respected by everyone. This is a common sense and it's not necessary to try to creat a plot to make someone seem he she wants something that in reality they don't, which is the Sool and Sanaag situaion.

I think sister Rahima has made her points clear, so there is no urgent need to expect more from her just to prove what she has already proven to you in pages for the last week or so .

To sister Rahima, I totally get in everything you have written, you make alot of sense in your writing, your thought process is something I am amazed by, so I don't know as of yet of what part in your report that Mr. Me hasn't still understand.

On the other side of the issue, if the Somalis in Hargeisa, Burco, Berbera, Borame, want to seccede and not remain with the rest, then that is their call and you should respect that as well. No one can force another of an idealogy that they don't want to except, everyone is free to do what is that they think is best for them.

In either way, the people must not forget that they are brothers and sisters in Islam, they must still stand side by side although they may reside on different sides of the fence. The people must continue their relationship. Dadku walaalo way ahaan karaan, kala dadna way noqon karaan, laakin yaan lakala dhiman. Waan cadawga Somaliyeed aan la isku jabin oo meel lagala soo wada saftaa.

good luck to everyone,

that is all.

Assalamu Calaykum.

Liibaan   

Asalaamu Calaykum,

Rahima your way to solve the problems is ill-advised and unfair

Now you telling me, certain regions are offenders and others are the victim as you arguing

We all Somali regions are victims, at the same time part of the problem

Demonizing of any Somali region or clan is absolutely unacceptable, whether its Somaliland, North central, Puntland, Hiiraan, or Bay-Bakol

All Somali people should pray success and good for all Somali regions

To be fair, all Somalis are cheerleaders for warlords, some are cheerleaders for Riyaale, some are cheerleaders for C/Yusuf, and some are cheerleaders for Indhamadoobe

It doesn’t help to accuse only people from specific regions and portray them as enemies and cheerleaders of warlord

You seem very selective in your accusations

We need to be fair and avoid accusing only one side of the conflict

Or do you have something against specific regions and not want good for them.

Why do you have to defend some regions more than others? You have to understand Somaliland is part of the conflict by invading Sool in order to unite former british colony of Somalia;

The occupation of some portions of North Central Somalia by Somaliland is unacceptable and intolerable

Forcing the people of north central to be part of Somaliland only creates cuqdad and larger hostility as well;

I believe the best solution is first everyone should clean his room, before we talk about cleaning entire house because the house contains 18 rooms, because no one can clean entire house alone.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Garaad Caanood:

I believe the best solution is first everyone should clean his room, before we talk about cleaning entire house because the house contains 18 rooms, because no one can clean entire house alone.

Garadow, I agree with you on this point. But how can you deal and keep working on your room, while someone comes knocking your door every morning to tell you what to do with your room while his bed is still unmade? I just don't get that at all. Everyone should be concern of his corner for the time being.

Liibaan   

Badcasow,

Thats the reality in Somalia these days

Everyone wants to be the boss I guess

Transitional Government wants to order all Somali regions and northwest, while Baydhabo is not entirely safe city

Sheikh indhamadoobe wants to order people of Mogadishu while he oppressing people of Marka

Somaliland wants to order Sool, while they fought for freedom and today they robbing the precious freedom from the people of Sool

That said though, when all is fine, to divide Muslims even more is wrong- we all as Muslims know that. However, it is not for any of us to force others.

^^ :D

LOL @"When all is fine..."

Well, when all is well my dear Rahima, then I would suppose everyone would be happy with what they have and none would be predisposed in harming that utopia, wouldn't you say sis? B/c if there are those that are not happy with the way things are, then obviously things are not all well. Just speaking hypothetically ;)

Anyways, sis, I do not think raising religious sentiments is a wise thing to do in regards to Somaliland's issue.

Nonetheless, I find it insulting to the people of Somaliland when someone (usually from non Somaliland background) raises this religious cloak. Are they implying that we are less religious? Are they saying that we are led astray and we need to be brought back to the right path? absurd as it may be, that is how it sounds like.

The irony to this that, it comes mostly from Siyad Barre's remnants (and it is not you that I am refering to...). Cajiib.

me   

Mr. Red Sea the discussion is about unity. It just happens that the people of Sool and Sanaag are for unity.

I am for a United Somalia and with this discussion I want us to share our opinion and to come up with new ways of looking at the problem. So far we have had many arguments and with each argument we demystify a certain aspect of the discussion. If we go on like this will sooner or later come to the core issues of this problem. So lets take out few more pro-sland arguments.

Rahima   

The problem is not letting others be, the problem is will the others let you be. Sland is claiming lands that do no belong to it. That is the issue that you have missed Rahima.

We have solved the main issue and when you see this issue we are done.

Says you mate. You're beyond biased, so why should I take what you have to say as fact?

I knew all along that this was point of disagreement :D .

Garaad,

Walaahi I mean this as absolutely not offence, but I believe you have a deficiency in understanding what i write.

Now you telling me, certain regions are offenders and others are the victim as you arguing

What? Have I played a game of offenders and victims?

We need to be fair and avoid accusing only one side of the conflict

What? What conflict? And who am I blaming?

Or do you have something against specific regions and not want good for them.

What? What regions?

Why do you have to defend some regions more than others? You have to understand Somaliland is part of the conflict by invading Sool in order to unite former british colony of Somalia;

Lord have mercy. Has the discussion even covered this? NO!!!!

True, but people can move out of that house if they want, therefore they don't have to worry about the cleanliness of that house.

Garaad, please for the sake of my sanity, ignore my posts smile.gif . Clearly we aren’t even on the same page.

Are they implying that we are less religious? Are they saying that we are led astray and we need to be brought back to the right path? absurd as it may be, that is how it sounds like.

Not less, but Somali politics in general is devoid of Islam. SL and the whole concept of it is no different ;) . Don’t take offence Suldaanka, it’s a blanket attitude of all Somalis.

me   

Rahima explain yourself, you have thrown a serious accusation at me. Please clarify your statement, how am I biased?

Let’s not take things too personal sis even though we are both giving our opinions on matters that will affect our futures and that of our children.

The irony here is that you believe that all Somalis have that ‘disease’ and you don’t see that that ‘disease’ is also affecting your judgement. I say this because you assume I have it too and you clearly do not see from what angle I am discussing this issue.

-I believe in Somalism

-I am for a united Somalia (all of the Somali inhabited regions)

-I am for the abolition of Clans

And I have started with myself too since I have no clan. The beef I have with Sland is not because of clans, the beef is because it will make the process unifying all Somali territories even harder and it will set the roadmap for more Somali mini-states.

You can believe the most negative you want, settle for a bad situation and loose hope and that is your choice or you can have an IDEAL that you want to realize.

Rahima,

You are cheerleading from various "houses" and it is at times hard to tell what "house" you are from not that I particularly care because I don't operate on the same logic. Perhaps this is the ambiguity you are aiming for as you make it clear all the time that you do not like the politics section yet surprisingly maalmahaan you have been a present force here with a clear political agenda. The seccionist ideology predates the civil war in Somalia yet you make it seem that they want to split up due to lack of peace at Somalia. In any event your shrewd attempt to level attacks and accusations at everyone and their prospective "regions" has left you out of touch with your own short-term principles because it has unwittingly made you champion the causes of many geographically removed "houses"(SL and the courts in the South)that have varied and unrelated concerns and goals. Both can't surely be your "house" by your logic. You make references to General Duke but what is the difference between him and Suldaanka, clearly both of them have zero concerns with Islam and are driven by same sentiments you abhor regarding other regions? By exposing yourself to these debates you are exposing yourself to be ruled by the same sentiments as these people and you leave your debaters no choice but to accuse you of biasedness. This however does not seem to bother

you because "everyone is biased" is what you echo in your previous posts which begs the question are you trying to tell us something?

Leave this part of the sub-forums alone and concern yourself with nobler goals all good aqwaan girls concern themselves with these days because you haven't accomplished anything here

besides contradicting yourself and indulging in name calling.

Rahima   

The problem is not letting others be, the problem is will the others let you be.
Sland is claiming lands that do no belong to it.
That is the issue that you have missed Rahima.

Me, I have based my claim of your bias on the above (which you’ve been leading up to all this time). I mean even look at your location, Hargeysa Somalia. We are all biased in one or another, but on this subject where an individual such as yourself is against any form of secession in any way- even in Hargeysa, then really your stance is slanted all the way to one side (hence biased on disputed areas).

Your die-hard pro-unity under any circumstance attitude is what I based my view on- your not even flexible on the idea like Soo Maal and many others, it has nothing to do with qabiil. I did not mention that, nor was I thinking that and really I think it is immature that you keep making assumptions about my beliefs/views. It’s disgusting and I resent it.

Didi Kong,

What I do is not of your concern. The akhwaan girl nonesense is getting pretty tiresome, if you have a chip on your shoulder deal with it for i care not to read about it.

I don’t care for why any group of Somalis secede, but they can do so as far as I’m concerned. It is my opinion.

SL, is not my house anymore. Sure I care for them as Muslims, the rest however is.

As for the two boys, Suldaanka with his views is respectful to me even though we may disagree, unfortunately I cannot say that for my housemate. Secondly I am disgusted more that my housemate is a hater than my neighbour. That is perhaps my bias (and we all have them, I don’t know why that is such a big deal- I’ve been called biased many many times). I find it more disgusting when Somalis from Somalia participate in clan/region hating against one another, then when a SL attacks Somalia. You can’t fight off this disease so easily laakiin as I see it, Somalis from Somalia have more of a common goal right now than they do with SL, so to bicker and hate in such a manner is to impede the goal. This is the exact reason why we still don’t have a functioning government, because the hate they have amongst and for one another is greater than the goal. And another point, at least SL have some love, we’ve surpassed despise and hate.

I’m all for SL, likewise what PL has done is excellent, I’m extremely happy that the courts have taken over Mogadishu and as a concept I support the TFG. They don’t have to be contradicting, for ultimately I see all that as positives for Somalis in every region. My house however, is the one of those who have lost hope- I think we’re growing by the day.

Rahima,

LOL@ how you felt compelled to clarify your stance, you left no stone unturned. I'm sorry if I offended you but you kind of left me with the impression that you supported 'regionalism' which I believe stinks because it has its roots in clan politics. You are right this is what impedes progress, and I was always of the impression that it should never be encouraged in and of itself or used as a motivating factor to spur other 'regions' to move forward. The model of Xamar as a city that belongs to anyone that lives/ed in it and calls/ed it home should be encouraged in other parts of Somalia that clearly do not possess this unique and admirable quality to overide this problem. As such people like 'me' would not feel alienated from cities that they belong to culturally due to their clan affliations. And most importantly so Somalia can move as a whole unit. If you notice this is how all developed nation states operate. My problem with seccionists is that the land they want to split up belongs to us as much as it belongs to them. When 'me' disagrees with them you should let him.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Sister Rahima, I think you have proven and presented your position on this very nicely, and I time again have agreed with you that it's up to the people of each state to decide what they think is best for them. If the people in Somaliland choose to remain with the rest of their brothers in Somalia, then that is their choice, but if they on the other hand want to seccede, then that is their wants and it has to be respected by all parties concern. There is no force involved or making someone believe in anything that is against his/her will not work.

Mr. Me, brother, I don't know if this is your first time that you have being exposed to such topic, hence you feel the urgence to discuss this topic continuously, but I have to say to you once again in clear manner that no one that can persuade someone of what they simply won't except. If Sool and Sanaag want to go their own way,then that is fine too for everyone has a choice of what they want to do. Xoog ma jiro, qof lagu qasbay wax aanu rabin, waa dulmi bilaa raad ah.

To simply shed a light of what is on the ground today. The reality is that Somaliland has already seceded although not recognized by the international community but the people of Somaliland aka Northwestern Somalis have decided to have a different agenda whether it's good for them or not, and that is something you just have to live up with wether you like it or not.

In addition, I am fully aware of your position as of this time, so really there is nothing much more that you need to loose your sleep over in order to try to prove to us which that you have already discussed with us in this particular topic. So thank you, I am not interested in further discusion in this topic for we are just going in endless cycle. If you want to carry on, well that is your call, but I shall let my horse rest right here. I also understand that we are discussing this same issue in another topic, so that is one topic in two different threads amazing.

Shaw saaxib baryahanba waxaad la'ay wax kaa neefiya oo kaa hadal siiya, waa digan butaacay nonstop eh. Dhawr bilood sug, waynu arki in aad wali hadal kugu hadhay iyo in kale eh. Sidaadoo kale ayaan haan jiray markaan cusbaa. Laakin aragnaa. :cool:

me   

Rahima,

YES I AM PRO-UNITY under every circumstance. I believe in our people and our land. It is funny how immoral allot of people think and side with those whose aim is to destroy us while they neglect even mock those who care about higher goals then just clannism. All the mini-states are built on clans. By accepting the mini-states you are accepting the clans by default. You are rewarding discrimination and disunity. By rewarding clannism you are saying that people who are a minority clan have no rights to be a part of that entity. Because clannism is what made a million people flee Mogadishu, because they where a minority. It’s what made hundreds of thousand flee the North West region and all other regions. We can not reward hate, discrimination and disunity just because the evil people got the guns today. Clannism should never be rewarded under any circumstance.

Clannism has caused this misery if we reward it; it will continue to keep us dividing.

Mr.Red Sea,

I have been exposed to this topic for a long time, I used to ignore it before, and I have even been pro-sland once in my life. I have grown up and I have realized that we can not accept clannism pretending to be a state. I do not blame you for doing nothing I blame you for not seeing the problems and the solutions. It’s not hard to figure out where the problems are.

Problem: Corrupt politicians using clans to divide us.

Problem: Lazy people not caring enough to criticise the wrong doings of the corrupt politicians and actually taking it further by criticising those who try to think outsize the box.

Problem: people held hostage, by a corrupt elite.

(You can say whatever you want but the leaders are all friends no matter how much they pretend to be enemies, we are the pawns. Exmples. Osman Ato in Laas Caanood, Basghir Rage and M’med Dheere in Bosaso, Abderahman Tuur running to Mogadisho after his defeat in Sland, too many examples actually of politicians who are one day mortal enemies and the next day they are best friends. Those guys pretend to be each others enemies one day and the next day they are drinking whiskey together. So who is st-upid here, them or us for believing their little games and hating each other along clan lines?)

Solution: Have a vision and IDEAL and work for it.

Solution: Think about real solutions and don’t settle for the next best thing.

Solution: Never reward evil.

Solution: wage an internal jihad and purify your soul ïŠ

Rahima   

Didi Kong and me,

The two of you need to get real. This image of a unified Somalia where clan is of little relevance is long dead. Yeah I too was once deluded, thankfully I’ve come to my senses hence no longer am I disappointed by the sad state of our politics- I’ve accepted it as a part of life.

We all know that the mini-states are built on clans, but what can we do other than lump it? Sit around and fight a revolution? Would be wonderful, only thing is a revolution requires support and that my friends is something which is lacking.

I’m not rewarding people me, I just chose to have a screw it kinda attitude. Anyway, I’m over this, we agree to disagree.

me   

That is weak Rahima,

How can you abandon all that is good, just because it’s hard? Why don't you give as much energy to a cause that is JUST and GOOD, as you have given defending these clannish entities?

You say its delusion, I say its an IDEAL and nothing is for free sis. All good things must be earned and fought for, so please have faith, please believe that we can change all that is wrong and replace it with a nation for us all.