Sign in to follow this  
me

Comments on Somali Unity by Jama Mohamed Ghalib

SL and greater Somalia are pretty much still steeped in poverty and lawlessness, by international standards not Somali standards. This whole thing about getting prospective houses in order is BS because Mi casa es su casa, and that just makes one big house. We are all Somalis. People conjure up euphemistic theories to hide and support what lies concealed in their diseased hearts.

me   

Dear Rahima,

You talk about Islamic values and the need for unity in Islam. I can follow you that far but then you start talking about dividing the country as a last minute miracle to safe some of the Somali people from a barbaric civil war, not realizing that this move is actually starting a new civil war.

You have decided to ignore or downplay major issues that are relevant to our discussion. Two regions out of the 5 are fiercely opposed to this secession and there have been already fights over this issue. The population controlling 40% of the land mass of the would be Somaliland are against this endeavour. You can not deny this. A fact is that as we speak there are two armies facing each other ready to battle this issue out. There would be no need for a war if this secession was approved by all segments of the population of Northern Somalia or the vast majority of that population as you are claiming.

Secondly you are claiming that the rest of Somalia is in civil war and that only Sland is peaceful. Do you really believe that? Is Pland not a part of Somalia and is it not peaceful? Are the central regions not a part of Somalia and are they not peaceful?

These regions are peaceful. 10 out of the 18 Somali provinces are peaceful and are at the same stage of development. Hargeysa can not claim to be more peaceful the Bosaso today. Burco can not claim to be more peaceful then Laas Caanood. Borame can not claim to be more peaceful then Gaalkacyo. The economic developments, the infrastructure and health care are all on the same level in these cities and regions.

The biggest problem in Somalia is the so called

triangle of death between Mogdisho, Baydhabo and Kismayo.

Now that you know that most regions are peaceful just like the North West of Somalia. That most regions are as well developed as the North West of Somalia and that they have local administrations that serve the people. What is the point of secession? What good would it do? The rest of Somalia is holding no one back. Every region can develop at its own pace.

What can Somaliland gain with independence that it can not gain with its fellow Somalis?

Our secessionist brothers are running out of arguments.

• Islam = pro unity, so they can not use religion as an excuse.

• Legality of the issue= British Somaliland and Italian Somalia choose this union together. One party can not just say that they are leaving the union without the others consent.

• The issue of the Dhul-bahante: they never signed a treaty with the British and where never colonized, so their land is theirs and has never belonged to the British Somaliland protectorate. So the secessionists can not claim these lands.

• If some of the clans of Northern Somalia want to secede why do they need to claim lands of people who rather are a part of the Republic of Somalia?

• The argument that most of Somalia is in civil war and that only Sland is peaceful and 'democratic' is erroneous if not a blatant lie.

So why can't the leaders or Sland make peace with their fellow Somali brothers from the peaceful regions? As I said earlier 10 out of the 18 provinces are peaceful, more than half of the Somali population lives in those regions. If the leaders of Sland have the interest of the Somali people at heart or at least some of them what is wrong with making peace and what is so attractive in secession?

Well I can only think of one thing and that is that there would be one clan that would form the numerical majority in Sland. And that they would forever rule. The promise of Somaliland is that of a weak mini-state, dominated by one clan, with its only mean of survival being international aid money, characterized clan discrimination and internal strife.

So at the end it comes down to power, greed and clan exactly the same reasons why the Somali Republic failed.

RedSea   

Islam is pro unity, what unity?

So Somalia under a criminal Abdullahi Yusuf has become something that is associated with Islam, give me break. That is going to far I must tell ya. Islam is pro unity only under the right leader and that doesn't exist, not under Mujrims.

Secondly, you are starting to reveal your true colors by starting the Qabiil talk. You said you were born in Hargeisa and raised there, but yet, because of your qabiil afflitions you have built so much hatred for those living in Hargeisa although it's your hometown. You have not said something positive about your hometown since you have joined this place and that is unfortunate.

First you need to change your attitude toward your hometown. There many positives that are currently under way in Hargeisa, but you are glued to exposing any negativity that it might have.You need to thing outside of your qabiil box.Hence you have posted an article written by one that caused the latest civil war that destroyed your hometown, Hargeisa.

In addition, you are right it does come down to greed,qabiil, and power, but that applies to every Somali tribe and region, not only one specific region and tribe.

me   

Mr. Red Sea,

You accuse me of being pro-Somaliwayn as if that is a crime. I ask you what is better then an ideal that stands for the unity of my Somali people. An ideal that our forefathers have fought for and died for, an ideal whose biggest hero's were Northerners.

As a Hargeysawi I hear the stories of the heroic efforts of my people from the North West of Somalia during the war against Ethiopia. The day that I was born the Ethiopian air force was bombing Hargeysa. The acts of sacrifice of my people can not be belittled.

You may think that discrediting the Somaliwayn ideal will help your agenda, but to contrary my brother you are only demonising the patriotic efforts of millions of Somalis who have done everything possible for the freedom of their brothers and sisters still held captive by black colonialists. The hardships that our people endured for their struggle to unite our land can not be denied. You are not helping your cause by attacking Somalia in all its glory and denying us our rightful history.

Somaliland can not be compared with NFD or Western Somalia or with Djibouti. Several Somali governments have fought for the NFD and Western Somalia and the Somali claim will always exist as long as there are true Somali patriots around. In the case of Djibouti, you do know that the population of Djibouti consists of Afar and Somalis right? Djibouti would not have gained independence if the Somali claim was not dropped. So it was immoral to hold to a claim that meant that our brothers and sisters in Djibouti would suffer longer at the hands of the colonials.

Somaliland opted to be a part of the Republic of Somalia. Somaliland was not forced or attacked; the people of the North in their wisdom during those early days of our nation have opted for unity. As it says in our first constitution: ONE UNION FOREVER. So convince me why Somaliland should secede? What is the reason? (The British colonized us is not an argument)

WHY SECEDE?

We are Somalis and I know the real reason, I just want to see what you make out of this question ïŠ

The issue of Abdilahi yusuf or the courts is irrelevant to this discussion.

me   

Dear Mr. Red Sea,

Are you reading what I am writting? You are making way too many assumptions.

I am not pro-abdilahi yusuf or pro any warlord or pro-wadaad. It might seem strange to you. But I believe in Somalia and I believe in our people. As you have rightly concluded I am from Hargeysa and it is my hometown, but today I can not be proud of my town for obvious reasons. Although it is my town I am not welcome because of tribalism and you can not deny that clan discrimination does exist there.

I know the good old days and I know there are good people and there are bad people and I am not judging the population of a city or a region for the acts of few.

I am against the secession and being against the division of Somalia does not mean that I hate my people or I hate my hometown. It means I disagree with those political views.

To make things simpeler for you I will just list few things that I believe in.

1. A united, strong and prosperous Somalia

2. A unitery state in Somalia ( So I am against the TFG on the grounds that federalism will not work for us)

3. I am against the 4.5 formula ( we are citizens of a country, we are individuals, 4.5 will also create more division)

4. I am for democratic Somalia ( So me and the wadaads are no friends on that front)

5. I believe that without justice there will be no peace (so all warlords should be hanged), all property returned and all clans should make peace and we should find out the true causes of this civil war.

6. I believe in a Somalia where people are not judged on their clan but on their ability.

So tell me, why am I so wrong or why is it hard for you to believe that some of us truelly believe in peace, justice and in brotherhood among our Somali people.

[QB] Islam is pro unity, what unity? [QB]

Hmmm are you denying that islam stands for unity? Please tell me that I misunderstood you. And explain what you meant.

Liibaan   

Red Sea,

True, what you can do if C/Yusuf and Riyaale have support from the people, and really they very popular in their respective regions

You already told us Somali people themselves choose their present harsh circumstances by supporting warlords like C/Yusuf and Riyaale

Do support the courts to rule Hergeysa? Naf taada oo kale baa qof kasta laga soo qaada

It’s unfair to ask such question to your fellow northerner (me), albeit he is pro-unity and anti-secession? Is he responsible of what’s happening in the south? How can he free NFD, western Somalia? Force Djibouti?

Since, you support the right of your region/clan to secede, why reject when it comes to Sool and east Sanaag?

Do you believe colonial borders or the right of people to decide destiny?

In 1988 people of woqooyi galbeed fought against Somali regime in the of freedom, why deny the same right for people of Sool and east sanaag?

In addition, you are right it does come down to greed,qabiil, and power, but that applies to every Somali tribe and region, not only one specific region and tribe

True ,We need to acknowledge the root of the problem in order to understand and solve ?

that the entire Somali politics is about tribalism, We know the fact that Somaliland is supported by one clan, and Puntland by another clan

If that is the case, why you support the aggression of your clan-state against people of Sool and east sanaag?

Bad casow, soomaali waa laga yaabaa inaad ka gar heshid, laakiin reer sool kama gar helisid, waxba kuuma taraso in aad ku dodo sool iyo east sanaag khasab baanu rabnaa inaanu ku haysano!!1

Cadaalad iyo gari Illaah bey taqaan ee garta na sii waayo Illaah baa kaala xisaabtami, oo haa naqon garmaqaate sida ey soomaalisu ubadan yihiinm, soomaalidu waxey leedahay oraah leh “Gaalka dil, Gartiisana siiâ€.

Walaalow hadaad rabtiin inaad ka go’daan Somalia go’a Ilaahay garabkiina ka galo, lakiin bal labadeena gobo ee Sool iyo east sanaag nooga taga, khasab waa dhamaaday, soomaali dagaal khaati bey ka joogtaa, carabtuba wa taaso waxey noqdeen 25 dal ayagoo isku luqad ku hadla, waxaan aaminsanahay soomaalidu waxey u baahanyihiin inay mar uun qoxoontinimada ka baxaan, oo fariistaan oo koob shah ah cabaan sida carabta!!!

RedSea   

assalamu Calaykum,

I am glad that you believe in unity and that you would like to see all somalis come under one nation.

Mr. Me get my point here though, because I am thinking the same thing of whether you are reading what I have to say in this or not.

The case of succesion is irrelevant in this discusion since you have droped Somalias current status quo regarding about Abdullahi Yusuf and the courts, it has alot to do with this topic although you may say otherwise.

Without taking too much time, my point is, whatever heroic that was done by our founding forefathers, it doesn't mean anything today for we are sitting on foreingn soil in exile. That was destroyed, so let us think ahead, I am in no way accusing you of believing in Somaliwayne, but the issue is deeper than you think sxb. the issue isn't about one particular place secceding, but rather the whole of what use to be called former Somali republic is in the mix of bad times. If you think seccesion is the only problem that we have today, then I say you are not being fair with everyone here, the problems are far worst and extensive.

So without going to any history lesson, you need to sit back and think about how to resolve this issue without blind folding yourself and directing your comments towards one region.

Why does it have to be all about Somaliland, why can't you not see the problems in the south, in Puntland, and elsewhere? There are many other issues that need to be priortized before the issue of Somaliland. But lately this Somaliland thing has become a crime I gues. All this authors are spending their energy just to try to put down those people who have worked hard to try to bring some stability to their region, why can't they see the peace and prosperity that has been reached over there rather than focusing on the negativity that they might have.

Anyone who brings some peace and stability to any Somali village should be thanked I say. It doesnt' hurt to be against Somaliland, but sometimes poeple need to get their points across in little bit more civilized way. There are many southerners in this forum that are agaisnt Somaliland's seccesion yet get their points across without reporting every little negative things that happens or being said against Somaliland. In reality, beyond the seccesion, these people are your people, why can't you be happy for them, maybe that would be better for them and may be you would get better tasting response from the folks from Somaliland if only you were approaching the issue in unbaised way and not raising every bit of negativity from there.

Let me make my point clear in case, the issue of why we Somalis are failing to reach our potential is far from one region namely Somaliland. It's a problem facing us all collectively, so either raise it all and bring answers to the table or leave it all.

thanks

asalamu Calaykum.

My objection to the Amxaaro is but one MMA (yes that's right i was woman enough to address you as MMA
;)
)

Hadaa iga xumaatay ama iga carootay, aad ayaan ugu xumahay. Inaan kaa xanaajiyo was never my intention.

Raxiimo is just a nick meeshaan lagu maro, not your real name, marka wax laga caroodo ma'aha.

Cafis wacan, walaashiis. [Or should I say Raxmo, err Raxiimo, lest you accuse me again avoiding it. :D ]

SOO MAAL   

Salaamo Calaykum Red Sea

Waa runtaa, Somaliland iyo Puntland hurumar badan bey ku talaabsadeen, waana arrin somali oo dhan ku farxaan ku amaanaan gobolada nabada u horseedey dadkooda iyo goboladooda

Walaal, usually when Somalis talk about never-ending politics (and we know Somali politics is about tribalism), and of course when Somaliland is an subject of discussion secession is the dominant issue, so don’t take it personal

RedSea   

Garaad Canood,

saaxib, Reer Sool iyo Sanaag wax xumaan uma qabo, wanaag iyo walaaltimo iyo waliba diinta Islaamka ah ayaa naga dhaxaysa.

Taa ka bacdi, Anigu waligay ma odhan haloo diido Sool iyo Sanaag inay dhiibtaan ra'yigooda. Waxay rabaan iyaga ayuunbaa garanay iyo Ilaahay.Haday rabaan Somalilandna ha raacaan, haday rabaan Somaliwayna ha raacaan, qasab ma jiro, dulmiguna ma fiicna sidiisaba. Anigu marnaba ma odhan mana odhan doono ha la qasbo reer Sool iyo Sanaag sxb. Markaa ha igu khaldamin adoo raali ah walaal.

Reer Sool iyo Sanaag, kuwaa reer Burco sida ay igu yihiin ayuunbay igu yihiin marka aan runta ku hadlo, wax xumaan uma hayo. Beelaha halkaa dagana waxbadan ayaa naga dhaxeeya aniga shakhsi ahaantayda. Haday noqoto reer ahaan iyo walibana daris ahaan.

Markaa walaal, Ilaahay aan ka cabsano ayuunbaa leeyahay oo aan beenta iyo ruwaayada aan iskugu sheekaynayno aan ka baxno.

Waligay anigu waan ka soo horjeeday in ciidamo lageeyo Sool oo u dagaal ka dhaco waay maati ayaa kudhimanaysa, laakin anigu siyaasiyiinta iyo siyaasada Somalidu halka ay marayso ayuunbaan ka hadlayaa, wax dadka laftooda khusaynaya maaha.

Dhamaad, walaal, Garaad Caano ilaahay ha kuu barakeeyo Las Anod,Sool. Waxaana ka rajaynayaa in aad mar idinku is xukuntaan oo cidna waxiina idiin qoodayn haday ahaato Somaliland ama fatuudland, waligay ra'yigaygu sidaa ayuun buu ahaa, ahaan doona nah.

waad mahadsan tay walaal adoo rali ah.

Assalamu calaykum.

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

Garaad Canood,

saaxib, Reer Sool iyo Sanaag wax xumaan uma qabo, wanaag iyo walaaltimo iyo waliba diinta Islaamka ah ayaa naga dhaxaysa.

Taa ka bacdi, Anigu waligay ma odhan haloo diido Sool iyo Sanaag inay dhiibtaan ra'yigooda. Waxay rabaan iyaga ayuunbaa garanay iyo Ilaahay.Haday rabaan Somalilandna ha raacaan, haday rabaan Somaliwayna ha raacaan, qasab ma jiro, dulmiguna ma fiicna sidiisaba. Anigu marnaba ma odhan mana odhan doono ha la qasbo reer Sool iyo Sanaag sxb. Markaa ha igu khaldamin adoo raali ah walaal.

Reer Sool iyo Sanaag, kuwaa reer Burco sida ay igu yihiin ayuunbay igu yihiin marka aan runta ku hadlo, wax xumaan uma hayo. Beelaha halkaa dagana waxbadan ayaa naga dhaxeeya aniga shakhsi ahaantayda. Haday noqoto reer ahaan iyo walibana daris ahaan.

Markaa walaal, Ilaahay aan ka cabsano ayuunbaa leeyahay oo aan beenta iyo ruwaayada aan iskugu sheekaynayno aan ka baxno.

Waligay anigu waan ka soo horjeeday in ciidamo lageeyo Sool oo u dagaal ka dhaco waay maati ayaa kudhimanaysa, laakin anigu siyaasiyiinta iyo siyaasada Somalidu halka ay marayso ayuunbaan ka hadlayaa, wax dadka laftooda khusaynaya maaha.

Dhamaad, walaal, Garaad Caano ilaahay ha kuu barakeeyo Las Anod,Sool. Waxaana ka rajaynayaa in aad mar idinku is xukuntaan oo cidna waxiina idiin qoodayn haday ahaato Somaliland ama fatuudland, waligay ra'yigaygu sidaa ayuun buu ahaa, ahaan doona nah.

waad mahadsan tay walaal adoo rali ah.

Assalamu calaykum.

Well said

Red sea Thanks,

RedSea   

Hello Soo maal,

I would never stand by and support the idealogy of a politician who has been the source of trouble and has been the cause that made me leave my homeland. The homeland that I loved, the land that I owned, the land I grew up.

Horaa looyidhi: haybad waxaad ku leedahay dhulkaaga hooyo,

waana lama huraaneh,

hagar la'i wax ugu qabo.

The above statement is something taken away from me by folks like Riyale Kahin, Abdullahi Yusuf, so I have no reason why I should back those spear headed criminals. But unfortunately, some people feel so passionately attached to these folks and that is unfortunate.

It was just that Mr. Me made me bring few things that I would never want to bring up, but he begged so I had to provide him of what I thought of the situation.

I am a bit offended when someone takes the comments like Ghalib, a criminal from within his own tribe and commited crimes from other tribes as a member of the SNM, to be glorified as though he has something good to add to the somali situation. Whatever the situation in our homeland, he is far from it, therefore he shouldn't have a say in this.

that is all.

salamu calayku.

Rahima   

If Sool and Sanaag don’t want to be part of clan state of Somaliland? Why you believe the people of Sool Sanaag should be to part Somaliland

Did I say that? I believe I didn’t, all I said was that for someone to object to the notion of secession because SL is claming land which is disputed upon, then yes, that sort of objection as I see it is legitimate. Outside of that, where there is almost complete support, outsiders (which we are) have no right to object.

I believe north Somalia is made up of four regions Awdal region ( 50% support secession), Northwest (80 support secession), North central (90% support unity with Somalia or they don’t want to part of so-called Somaliland), Northeast Bari (amazingly because of error they are part of the south)

It all depends on who you ask. I disagree with your stats on one point, I can say with almost complete certainty that the support in Awdal is much much greater than 50%. You wanna know how I know, I’ve seen with my own two eyes. The people of Awdal my friend are happy with the idea and whilst they may not be as enthusiastic regarding it and whilst they see it in general a temporary notion, nevertheless they choose it as the best option for themselves at this point in history. With regards to North Central, who knows, I bet ya if I asked a SL, the opposite would be the case- I can’t comment on that and am not interested in stats for they are twisted to prove an agenda.

You are totally unfair to people of north central Somalia, how you can claim that 50% of the people of North central (Sool sanaag and cayn) support the secession, a false statement. If you want to know the truth go visit the north central region, ask people from north central their views, there are many nmad here in this forum from north central like soomaal, naxar nugaaleed, caamir, maakhir

I don’t ever expect for our people to be objective and take qabiil out of their politics, like I said if I asked a SL from those regions about the secession debate, they would say the opposite. Now I’m not saying one or the other is correct, all I’m saying is that if you, Caamir, Maakhir or any others are against SL because they lay claim to your land, then on that point object (and I support). But what they do in Hargeysa or Boorame is not your concern now, because your own home burns.

Note: I don’t mind if Northwest secedes, that’s for northwest Somalis to decide

Good, that’s what I think also. Have that sort of pride.

You talk about Islamic values and the need for unity in Islam. I can follow you that far but then you start talking about dividing the country as a last minute miracle to safe some of the Somali people from a barbaric civil war, not realizing that this move is actually starting a new civil war.

Why would there be a civil war if the people are in support? I still fail to see why it matters to the rest of us what they decide in Hargeysa and Boorama.

These regions are peaceful. 10 out of the 18 Somali provinces are peaceful and are at the same stage of development. Hargeysa can not claim to be more peaceful the Bosaso today. Burco can not claim to be more peaceful then Laas Caanood. Borame can not claim to be more peaceful then Gaalkacyo. The economic developments, the infrastructure and health care are all on the same level in these cities and regions.

May be so (except that Boorama is more peaceful than Gaalkacyo), but PL has chosen to be part of Somalia with all it’s troubles and that they have to also lump. If the house is messy, just because your upstairs bedroom is semi-clean it doesn’t mean you can overlook the rest. You’ve chosen to live in that home and therefore have to be part of the cleaning process. SL has chosen to live next door.

Anyway boys, like i said object because you believe that your land is been claimed wrongfully, but do not object because others have chosen to not be with you. At the very least (for the sake of unity based on Islam), fix your home and then come to the table so that all may benefit from the unity.

MMA,

Anger is not the word, disappointment is more like it ;) . That reply to me was something the cheerleaders would vomit out (and hence the cheer right after yours). My objections to the Amxaaro are as clear as day and it has nothing to do with nationalism.

SOO MAAL   

Garaad caanood

bal marka hore ku soo dhowoow

Garaadow, run baad sheegtay waa tidhi nin kasta guri giisa ha deeqo oo hunguriga haa la is ka daayo, nin walba dagaankiisa meeshuu rabo haa kala dhaco, haduu rabo ciduu doona haa ku darsado, hadoo rabo haa la go'o, nabad iyo amaan hala isi siiyo. bal soomaalidu haa kala nabadgasho

It doesn’t make any sense, at all to use unity card against northwest and colonial border/or former British Somali colony against north central (SSC)

We need peace before unity of Somalia or the unity of Somaliland

hadii la rabo nabad iyo hishiis

If Somali people ever want to enjoy peace

labada dhinacba waa inay la yimaadaan tanaasulaad

all sides unionists secessionists must be ready for negotiation and compromises

Somalia waa inay iska illowdaa northwest

Somalia must stop claiming northwest

Somaliland waa inay iska illowdaa north central (SSC)

Somaliland as well must stop claiming north central (SSC)

Somalis must recognize each other first, recognition is not in the hands of United Nations, European Union, African Union, Arab League or IGAD, foreigners will only make things harder for us to agree

Recognition is in our hands, if we Somalis recognize each other, everyone else will recognize us – the entire world. Serbia iyo Montenegro recognized each other to avoid conflict, Indonesia and East Timor recognized each other to avoid conflict, Ethiopia and Eritrea recognized each other to avoid conflict, 15 former republics of former Soviet Union (including Russia a nuclear power nation) recognized each other to avoid conflict

No foreigner will ever recognize Somali faction till Somalis be in complete agreement and recognize each other

soomaalidu hadey is rabaan ha midowbaan, haday is diidayaan dee ha kala go'aan

Somalia should stop using unity card against northwest, and Somalia must recognize northwest

Somaliland should stop using colonial border/british somali colony card (a brief colonial history) against north central, and Somaliland must recognize north central

hadaano soomali nahay maxaano isku xaasideynaa

oo isu khasbanaa

Me,

Although it is my town I am not welcome because of tribalism and you can not deny that clan discrimination does exist there.

Every Somali is sharing with you this sentiment

So Mogadishu was the hometown of most Somalis, but today the reality is dictating us a different story, that you from the home region of your ancestors, not your hometown where you born and raised!!!

In fact before the civil war, most Somali people were living in the capital, because Mogadishu was National City and capital. Today Mogadishu is home of one-clan town where are not welcome. We have to be honest tt’s a painful situation that all Somali towns share, in Hergeysa there is only one clan is welcome , Laascaanood there is only one clan is welcome, Bosaso there is only one clan is welcome, Mogadishu there is only one clan is welcome. Amusingly in neighborhoods there is one sub-clan is welcome as the case of Mogadisho, hergeysa and laascaanood

Some cities like Galkacyo and Ceerigaabo are divided like Berlin because of clan factor

SOO MAAL   

Rahima,

Anyway boys, like i said object because you believe that your land is been claimed wrongfully, but do not object because others have chosen to not be with you.

Fair enough, I am only talking about my home North central that’s all, sister stop using “disputed region†there is NO disputed region, dhulka dad baa leh, we can say occupied region, I get angry when foreigners portray NFD, Palestine, Western Somalia, Kashmiir as disputed regions, I say there are no disputed regions because planted on every regoin people, in reality there is only occupied regions

I can say with almost complete certainty that the support in Awdal is much much greater than 50%. You wanna know how I know, I’ve seen with my own two eyes. The people of Awdal my friend are happy with the idea and whilst they may not be as enthusiastic regarding it and whilst they see it in general a temporary notion, nevertheless they choose it as the best option for themselves at this point in history.

Awdal region is for people of Awdal to decide,to be fair, I am not in a position to argue with you regarding Awdal region

I don’t ever expect for our people to be objective and take qabiil out of their politics,

Well that applies to everyone whether he/she is from Borame Hergeysa, Laascaanood, Boosaaso or Mogadishu. It doesn’t apply only to one clan or region

like I said if I asked a SL from those regions about the secession debate, they would say the opposite. Now I’m not saying one or the other is correct,

Another inappropriate statement, why don’t you say if I asked a pro-union from borame/hergeysa like (me), about the union debate, they would support Somalia and reject secession

all I’m saying is that if you, Caamir, Maakhir or any others are against SL because they lay claim to your land, then on that point object (and I support).

Fair statement, Thanks alot

true we only talking about our land, we also need to secede from borame/hergeysa and the irrelevant fomer british colony of somali territories thats all, every one wants to secede nowadays

But what they do in Hargeysa or Boorame is not your concern now,

Well sister you blaming one side its grossly unfair,

True what they do in Hergeysa or borame is not my concern now as you said, but we need also to tell Hergeysa and Borame that what Laascaanood and North central is not their concern now

because your own home burns.

Sister my home region alhamdulilaah presently there is relative peace, and there are no active wars and no my home region is not burning. I pray Allah, your region Banadir if I am correct, and all other Somali region to enjoy peace, progress, and stability Insha Allah