Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Farmaaje’s Thesis [Book] sparks controversy in Mogadishu, [Download Book]

Taleexi   

No question about it that the newly appointed PM made some political gaffes in his thesis and, he also showed a limited knowledge about Somali history. Nevertheless, in order we have continual process let us support him when he is right and hinder him when he is at fault. He has only one year left, hasn't he?

Abtigiis   

I am more surprised with the ease this assortment of historical records and insertion of personal opinions here and there passed as a Thesis, or a book for that matter.

What is the central argument in the book and how is it related to any of the theories he must have learned in course work section.

War ileen tan oo kale. No wonder PH.D holders are in their millions in Somalia. Ma wax meel uu ka socdo iyo meel uu u socdo jirin unbaa la iska qori and then some University will recognise it as a Thesis?!!

AYOUB   

^ It is a “waxaa-la-yidhi-Thesis”. Full of clannish negation but scarcely addresses the supposed theme "U.S. STRATEGIC INTEREST IN SOMALIA". Apart from short term political damage it has done to Sh. Sharif's cause, it’s an embarrassment to the author and the university concerned.

“I really think Somalis need to re-learned how to argue for the “context” of your audience. In the sense that if you are claiming to be doctor, and therefore, wish to present a scholarly piece, that you expect for it to scrutinised at that level of academic learning, then, the least you ought to be doing in here is to come across so shoddy of a manner, like this “Doctor” did in here.

If on the other hand, you wish to cut the rough with the smooth, particularly with your average Somali's internet debater, then, this sort of half-cooked argument could really pass master in here. And, that is what I mean, when I say that you ought to know, from the get go, the “context” of your audience.” ~ The Guru

Abtigiis   

it’s an embarrassment to the author and the university...

Correct Ayoub! waan yaabay anigu. Oo waxaa oo kale hadii Masters lagu qaato in some US universtities, maad waa hore ii soo sheegtid, 16 baan qaadan lahaa with my SOL cantarbaqash alone.

Originally posted by Cabdullahi-Kaafi:

quote:it’s an embarrassment to the author and the university...

Correct Ayoub! waan yaabay anigu. Oo waxaa oo kale hadii Masters lagu qaato in some US universtities, maad waa hore ii soo sheegtid, 16 baan qaadan lahaa with my SOL cantarbaqash alone.
Adiguna wad ku biirtay sow mahan! adunyooy noocya badan!

Som@li   

Originally posted by Cabdullahi-Kaafi:

quote:it’s an embarrassment to the author and the university...

Aqoon waa taal US, no doubt, laakin armaa uu khaldanyahay your understanding of the requirements in Master of Arts. ;)

Farmaajo gets B+ for this work. smile.gif

Ps, In uuna wax wayn hayn, waxaan ka gartey interview gii VOA ka qabatey, mar walba waxa uu ku celceliyaa intaas oo meelood baan kasoo shaqeeyey, Waxaan haystaa MA, lol,

The Zack   

^Waa runtaa MA and MBA are not MD as we have discussed previously in this forum when some were telling us Doonyaale has an MBA and therefore he is an exceptional LOL. Hase ahaatee farmaajo hala taageero, not because of his knowledge but because he is not a criminal unlike others.

Abtigiis   

Allamagan,

Farmaajo politically waan taageersanahay oo Itoobiya ayuu ka soo horjeedaa. Laakin hius Thesis is rubbish.

Somali,

M.A requirement'geeda waan la socdaa. That Thesis would not have been accepted at School of Oriental and African Studies. I tell you.

NASSIR   

And we expect the new bigoted tool to reconcile and build the war-wearied nation and its interim government, respectively.

Duufaan   

We have to agree; pro colonial groups did existed and exist today. Siilaanyo and Faroole consistent visits in Addis Ababa are a prove. It is wrong to accuse a whole tribe to be a pro-colonial group. Abdirahsiid Sharmaarke was a good Somalia and most Somalis agree even his enemies. But It is fact that Faroola and Siilaanyo are pro colonial group. It seems they want destroy what left Somali nationhood. Even if Farmaajo is biased his national sentiment is far better those land leaders and maybe it is hope for Somalia with his leadership