Sign in to follow this  
Cawaale

I am meeting Sh. Shariif!!

Cawaale   

Hey guys I am sorry I am late with replay, I couldn't access the forum, so I missed many questions I think!!.I met the Sheikh;( yes you read that right) the Sheikh himself!!! And I gotta tell you guys he is very smart man, very humble and alive!! And when I say alive I mean alive with dignity; he doesn't allow Qabiilisim or Position, Money or anything to attempt him to stop him. Actually he is very rare political leader in the Somali firm with his mentality and Faith in Somali Youth!

As for the questions he was asked many similar questions to your questions by the attendance; there were some negative remarks too; which was made by some attendance And I will post them all in details with pictures insha-allah. But first let me give overview of the whole picture

Sheikh Sharif and his accompanying delegation has Arrived in Cairo Yesterday. Sh. Shariif gave a speech at the Institute of African Studies. University of Cairo, to explain the current position in Somalia and the position of the alliance of ways to liberate Somalia from Ethiopians occupation.

Among the attendance there were some officials who participated at this event such as the former Egyptian ambassador in Somalia Mr.Halima, and the current Eritrea ambassador in Cairo Mr.Fassil Gebreslasie, along with many Somali students form different backgrounds and different ages.

According to sources close to the coalition that Sheikh Sharif will hold meetings with senior officials in the Egyptian government to brief them on their political commitment to the Somali crisis. Also the Sheikh will meet with officials of the League of Arab States to hold talks on Somalia.

Sheekh Shariif also will meet Somali Students, Somali Mothers and Elders to listen to them and take a general impression of of The Somalis in diaspora. It is noteworthy that Sheikh Sharif paid a visit to Cairo a few months ago and met with European officials and Egyptian. As you all may know this visit comes days before the day of the talks between the coalition and the interim government in Djibouti, mediated by the United Nations.

Sh. shariif has stated that he and his followers are ready to give limited compromises for the sake of peace and greater common good.

Sh. Shariif has accused Ethiopians soldiers of killing 21 people, including an imam and several Islamic scholars, at a Mogadishu mosque and said the victims had their throats slit. Sh. Shariif Said " The government is duty was to take care of the citizens security, not get their throats slit.

Finaly Sh. Shariif asked Somali youth to refuse the humiliation and chose the dignity and fight the oppressor, everyone in his own way.

you know i been thinkin i am not fan of politics but its really ironic how some of us are prisoners of themselfs. wakeup Guys Kufsi, Bireys, iyo Bur-bur! what else are you waiting for??

Somalia is Gona make out this disaster either with you or with out you! sow why don;t you just take a deep breath and get yourself together!!

I'll post some pictures and may be a video.

More to come..

Sh. shariif has stated that he and his followers are ready to give limited compromises for the sake of peace and greater common good.

This is the reason why I admire the sheikh. He is truly an extraordinary human being, one who sees the greater good.

Masha allah. Thank you brother cawaale for the update.

PS: May this be a lesson to the shabaab supporters and its so called spokesman aka robow would never be regarded as anything more than a criminal.

Sounds optimistic. I'm currently not a fan of the performance of the various entitites/characters in the country that purport themselves as leaders but we'll give it another 10 yrs and see how things develop.

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Abu_Geeljire:

quote:Originally posted by Dhubad:

^^Cawaale, are you a Journalist? Convey our salaam to the Sheikh and tell him be patient Allah si with you....if it wasn't them(Muqaawama)the Habashis would have an easy ride.

Can you ask him why are they not denouncing some of the mistakes that the youngsters (Al-shabaab) make like bombing Cinemas, etc ?

Surely taking someone's life is more sin than watching a Hindi film or any kind of film..

Regards

Their spokeman(ICU) recently came out and said that they would punish anyone targetting innocent civilians and specifically targeting cinemas. Also, it wouldn't make sense for them to come out and condemn a particulr group. Firstly, they have no evidence that Alshabaab is indeed blowing up cinemas, since they haven't claimed responsibility. Secondly, condemning them could exercebate the differences between these groups and perhaps cause them to literally scuffle with one another: something which many people desire( so as to divide and conquer)!

Cawale, bro, can't really think of any questions. Just salan sare to the Sheikh!
AbuGeegJire, what you said makes sense but they seem to be reluctance denouncing some of their mistakes even back in the days when the ICU was in control.

So I don’t really the know the strategy behind it…. !

Abtigiis   

Dhubad;

Mistake' kan aad nala daba socotaa muxuu ahaa? It is no secret they make a lot of mistakes and circle around lots of trivialities (like banning Cinema's) but look at the big picture. If Sheekh Shariif denouces them, then that can signal division and the last thing we need now is a divided opposition ( mind you they are already). Markaa hoos baa loo yar hadlaa, sometimes. Hayna maqashiin cadawga, saaxiib.

Your sincerity and wadaninimo noted, otherwise. halkaa kaga hay. Cumaamadaasna waan ka helay!

Dhubad.   

^Abtigiis, Khladka markuu dhaco in layiraahdo wixii dhacay waxay ahaayeen waa khalad, arintu sidaas ma ahayn...ceeb ma aha.

The division started yesterday.....I am talking about when the ICU were in control and since this is a golden opportunity would love to see what the good sheikh would say.

I see where coming from though!

Halkaas halganka kasiiwad.

PEACE

Abtigiis   

Dhubad;

waa canaan gacal saaxiib. isku si baan wax u wadna.Let the red and checkered headscarf fly over you and don't put down the gun.It scares the hellout of **********'s and dayday's!

Emperor   

What was the outcome, any statements released any progress... aside the praise for the politician who lied about the death of the clan spokesman in record on public media... less of the good talk and bring more of substance...

The Outcome of this meeting?

Thierry.   

What was the outcome, any statements released any progress... aside the praise for the politician who lied about the death of the clan spokesman in record on public media... less of the good talk and bring more of substance...

Come on Emperor Ahmed Diiriye supposed death is something his whole clan believed unless you are saying the whole clan are inherently liars the Sheikh stated what everyone believed. (I would have said Ahmed Diiriya might have died if I was that question at that time).

The Good Sheikh I presume conducted himself very well again

Emperor   

^It is different when someone just like me or your Toure say something than when it comes from a public figure...

The good old Shariif rushed and turnished his reputation for that lie, whether his clan, you Toure or I, Emp believed it or not won't let him off the hook, I hope he learns from his mistakes and tries to conduct himself logical next time... I don't blame him simply he's made a mistake, we all makes mistakes but a fool is he who never learns from his mistakes... Still he has the chance and future to raise above the conundrum and generally shine in the Somali politics