Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

What is the use of banning Clan names in SOL?

Abtigiis   

What was the intention of banning clan names, if clans get insulted on a regular basis, with insinuations and overt references to them. Some individuals have made a habit of it, and someone needs to stop them. It doesn't help healthy discussions, and nurture positive interaction among all of us: Somali sisters and brothers.

The impunity of some individuals is disconcerting and needs to be checked. Serious!

^^^ :D:D:D

Ala rag aan karti laheen muxuu kiska iska waaley? Marna uu leeyahay waa li aflagaadeeyey, marna busto intuu soo huwado yuu wuxuu rabo sheegaa. Markii lagu biyo keenana, calaacal iyo cabasho buu meesha la fariistaa; iyo qabiil baa lacaayey ayuu sabab ka dhigtaa.

Anigu qof aan qabiil ku caayey majiro-- oraahdana hadba sidaad u dhigto ayaa kaaga soo jawaabaa. Marka hadaad jawaabteydii kugu cuslaatay oo aad qaadi weyday, dee walaal meeshan labadeena nama wada qaadee iskaga rawax!

This sorta reminds me of the Justin Timberlake song entitled, "CRY ME A RIVER!"

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

P.S

A&T,

Ninba waa markiisee mus ma kula koray icon_razz.gif

Dhubad.   

^Waraa DhulQarnay, sida siku dhaan saaxiib, qofwalba wuu u jeeda meesha aad hadalka u qaloocinaysid.

Besides you are overdoing it man, its time for you to stop....that is a brotherly advice.

Originally posted by Aw-Dhubad:

^Waraa DhulQarnay, sida siku dhaan saaxiib, qofwalba wuu u jeeda meesha aad hadalka u qaloocinaysid.

Besides you are overdoing it man, its time for you to stop....that is a brotherly advice.

War anigu waxaad ka hadleysid ma garanayo. And nobody is over anything, so mind your own business, else xabashida caana booraha ey qeybiso ayaa xoogaa dhankaaga usoo leexinaynaa icon_razz.gif

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

^^DQ, it’s quite obvious (it really is) that your repeated references of ‘caano boore’ has thinly veiled clannish connotation. Please drop it!

Aw Tusbaxle, if DQ wants to slander OG folks with his ‘caano boore’ reference, it won’t work. It just does not stick adeer. Ali Dhux, a phenomenal poet, employed same exact tactics before, and, as history recorded, failed miserably. And that was, to refresh your memory, when he threw the clannish kitchen-sink to Sayid Mohamed.

Ubba weesta waa kugu arkaa iyo agab salaadeede

Hadduu uurka kaaga jiro wardigu kaama orodneene

Abtiyaalada iyo ku nece ururkii reer kheyre

Abtirsiinyadaa waxay gashaa eyda reer Xamare

This was, just like DQ’s ‘caano boore’, a lame pitch whose embarrassment Ali Dhux never recovered!

Look though how the Master responded:

OG haddaan ahay dad waa amar sarreeyyaaye

Oo ubax baarkaan ahiyoo awrta haashima’e

Abtiyaaladay waxay galaan odayya waaweyne

Halkaan uga arooraanna waa odaga D*

Ibrahim Rashid aabahay odogi weeyaane’e

Rasuulkii udgoonnaana waa ina adeerkay’e

Asaxaabihii oo dhan baan ehel wadaagnaayye

Aakhiro albaabada jannaan agabsanaayaaye

Nin amxaara mooyyee intii edeg adduun joogtaa

Islaamkeedu wuxuu ii yaqaan ehelu kherykiiyye

Adiguse abbaanow waxaa uruyya :D soo maahid

Soo kii Ilaahay necee eyga :D qalay maahid

nuune   

Xaaji Xiinfiniin, you refreshed my mind with that piece of Sayidka, now, gabay baa i hayo, waa la i sitaa niyahow :D

Back to the topic, and this is going to Duul-Qaaruun :D , I don't want to be heavy handed on you, but niyahow banoonta daji, dadkii dhannaa waxey isku raaceen inaad joojiso waxa aad wado!

ciisaa budiinaa muusaa budiinaa

Abtigiis   

Xinn's expected wise intervention is most welcome. The point is, it is not really so much that I can't stomach insults against a specific tribe, but that it is not right to do so against any. The RULE is very clear about it. Consistency! That the most we are asking of this creature by the name DQ is to stop it, clearly demonstrates the guy is above the law. I think, he should be officially reprimanded, and forced to control his vitriol.

Xinn, in fact, I am among those who feel that Cali-dhuux has of course been the best poet (purely from poetic point of view- no moral considerations involved) in Guba chain. The man was impossible and all the reactions from the O-tribe really were equally vitepurative, delivered with vengence. To me, none lived upto the literary standards he set.

That kind of talk was acceptable those days. We need to see things in their temporal context. Not today. If there is anyone who feels one tribe is better agaist the other, he needs tyo check his head.

Imagine what such a person would say against the abused Somali's who are treated as an equal by the backward Somali society! Clan issues are a reality and will leave with our society, but we need to make sure that at least those who think they are educated (cilmi aduun iyo diiniba) adopt "a name and shame" approach to those who we think are living with this ghost.

This is not to suggest DQ is a tribalist and certainly there is nothing to suggest he is, but that what he did (Most likely just to poke fun) was!

DQ, if you listening this,with your glass of Caanaboore, acknowlegde your mistake like a real man, ask for forgiveness and most importantly don't finish that thing you say is 'an elixir medicine for the mindless'. :D:D

RedSea   

Caano boori ninku qabiil ayuu ugula jeeda.

Tolka sxb you are doing the right thing, continue to ignore that is the best way to deal with people like DQ.

Why ban clan names? It's the context of how clan names are used that is important, as long as people are not insulting clans, where is the logic in banning them? What about historical names, like the great kingdom of ' *******' or the ***** region.

Banning clan names is akin to banning somali history as far as I'm concerned. It was Marcus garvey who said a 'A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots'. SOL is encouraging the loss of somali history and culture with this nonsense clan name banning.

[ October 17, 2008, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

RedSea   

^well rules are rules and you have to respect them as much as you can. This site isn't yours or mind, therefore in order to conduct ourselves we have to except what LST and his friends tell us. Thanks to the rules of this wonderful site, alot of knuckleheads are kept at bay. Thank God to SOL.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Ethiopia is not nation.It is a state.

Yaa kuu kala yaqaano waxaas. I don't even think he knows the difference between clans and tribes, either.

About the subject. The naming of qabiil names itself is not that issue, and of course innocent enough haddii kor laga fiiriyo. However, dadka qaarkood stretch anything loo ogalaado.

This site, SOL, on its inception, clearly did not have clear, expressed rules; it was vague about banning or not banning the clan-naming issue on this site. It wasn't banned, neither was it encouraged. That was the early days, back in late '01 and early '02. However, knowing maryooleey, maxee kugu taalaa, they did abuse the little freedom they had, as expected. The mamnuucida of qabiil names was then inevitable, and indeed needed, if it wasn't overdue.

I did then agree and still do agree in qabiil magacaabistiisa dhan meesha laga mamnuuco. Dadka qabyaalada qurunkeeda wareerisay, who are addicted to argue about that issue wouldn't rush to join this site, which would in turn make it clean and exceptional.

And to those who are currently taking cheap shots against some certain clans, dadkaasna meel ma gaarayeen. I wrote that before and I will write it again: Meel ma gaarayaan, thinking they can circumvent the rules of the site. Soon or later, like those before them who thought they were clever enough to do that, seefta ku dhici doonto. SOL's rules are clear, no unambiguous loopholes that they think they found. Ee marka inta caadi la yahay hala kala wareegsado, oo cagihiina dhulka dhigta.