Sign in to follow this  
raadamiir

6/13/06 IS THE BIG DAY IN BAIDOA MPs VOTE FOR FOREIGN TROOPS

Mohamed Abdi Farahforeign troops

(SomaliNet) The Somali law makers in Baidoa in southwest Somalia have delayed on Monday voting on the government proposal of deploying African peace keeping troops in Somalia, as the curfew on Baidoa town 240km of the capital enters its third day with most of the people turned deaf ear to the blackout.

Today’s parliamentary session was attended by 165 MPs who debated the motion of foreign troops deployment.

15 months ago, the members of Somalia parliament split over the proposal of foreign forces in which the MPs beat themselves with chairs and sticks in Nairobi

Abdifitah Ibrahim Rashid, member of parliament, who was talking to the reporters in Baidoa said it was not clear the statement of the proposal submitted by the government, noting that it is needed to explain the number of the troops deploying in Somalia, the countries they are from and the duration of their presence in the country.

Sharif Hassan Sheikh Adam, the speaker of the parliament who was chairing the session said that tomorrow the MPs will return in their meeting to vote for deploying of African peace keeping troops in Somalia.

Meanwhile President Abdulahi Yusuf is reported to have postponed today his trip to Kenya and waiting the decision of the MPs over the government’s request to vote for sending foreign troops to Somalia to restore peace, law and order.

The chairman of the united Islamic courts Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed warned the government to approve deploying foreign troops in the country, describing it as dangerous to the Somali future.

He said the Islamic courts have worked on the security and stability in the capital Somalia of Mogadishu and there is no need for outside troops in the country.

Western powers accuse Islamic courts in Mogadishu of having links with Al-Qaeda network which the Islamic courts deny.

"President Abdulahi Yusuf is reported to have postponed today his trip to Kenya and waiting the decision of the MPs over the government’s request to vote for sending foreign troops to Somalia to restore peace, law and order."

Gabbal   

My two predictions;

1. If a NO vote comes out, the situation will continue in the status-quo with both Abdulahi Yusuf and the parliamentarians collecting their pensions from the international community in the name of Somali government.

2. If a YES vote comes out, the venue will cease to exist and the government will be disbanded.

Xarago   

Originally posted by General Duke:

I supose you mean that Inda Cade and his clan will attack Baidoa?

Which is your worst nighmare I suppose... :D

These guys (Gardhereyaal) are adamant in eradicating all the evils that were the cause of calamity in Somalia hence the warlords and the 'dofarey' government. The wind of change will come to Bay.....again I suppose.. :D

Dhubad.   

I hope they vote for NO coz we can afford another war anymore. Now that the Warlords have gone, why would they want foreign soldiers ?

However, if they vote for YES there will be final showdown between Maxkamadaha and our aging president in which Maxkamadaha will be victorious and inshallah they will implement Shariah Law

me   

I hope for a NO. We need a Somali solution. The troops will only destabalize us. And I dont like seeing Somalis being defenceless in their own country. (or anywhere else). We have seen the UNISOM and Operation restore Hope. The crimes against Somalis can not were unacceptable.

WE AS A NATION NEED TO FIND SOLUTIONS and foreign troops will do nothin but to make the situation worse or atleast delay the day tha the Somali people will unite against all evils and walk the rightiouse path.

queue the I have a dream speech by Martin Luther KING smile.gif

me   

It seems to look like that the TFG is built on getting foreign support and getting power that way. The TFG can get the support of the Somali people and win their hearts and minds if they become a real alternative to the warlords. Instead of hopping around to foreign capitals begging for money and troops they should have gone to all somali cities, towns and regions regions. With their plans of restoring Somalia's institutions. The people are ready for visionary leaders who can lead them away from this mess they are in. The Somali people deserve better. The TFG has not dilivered on their promise. I hope that the Islamic courts do a better job and learn from the mistakes made by the TFG. One thing I am sure of now is that the Somali people know better. You know better. I know better and all the Somali people know better. We all know what is wrong and where its wrong. Shouldnt we support the right people? And if the riht people are not here today shouldnt we look for the right people?

The TFG is Somalia's legitimate government and I do not deny that. C/lahi Yusuf is the Somali president and I do not deny that but as a Somali Citizen I have the right to say that my government is wrong. Deploying the Foreign troops is wrong. We are opening pandora's box.

They wasted 15 months. Thats the main point here. Lets hope, and pray they do not throw chairs around.

You must admit though, It was probably one of the very few, if only times that the politicians in any way reflected the sentiment of the Somali public. :D

Im sure there are many Somali's who would not have hesitated in attacking any politician who would even think of introducing AU ( read Ethiopian) troops into Somalia.

They wasted 15 months. Thats the main point here. Lets hope, and pray they do not throw chairs around.

I know you are a deadly tribalist, but do you wish foriegn troops just for Mogadishu, or even Puntland as well?

We'll see how serious you get to this simple question.. smile.gif

Ubahane, first I can not be a tribalist, since the Somali's are of one tribe. The term thus does not apply to my person.

Second the issue of FT, is a sensative one, I dont much care for them. My support is for the lifting of the arms embargo so the government can equip the Somali armed forces and police.

I belive there is a good chance of the lifting of the arms embatgo due to the nterest shown by the EU and US lately.

Let me address your question, if we had foreign troops in Somalia they should be stationed every where INCLUDING PUNTLAND.

Gabbal   

if a yes vote the government will be disbanded, how so? I supose you mean that Inda Cade and his clan will attack Baidoa?

No adeer, I didn't. Don't look for holes where there are non sxb. You pay attention to those daily happenings in Baidoa much more then I do. Do tell me you don't know atleast a third of Parliamentarians are threatening to leave and calling for the dismantling of the venue were a Yes vote to take place.

No i have not heard anything of the sort, do provide the evidance my son. There is a debate and most of ht parliment including those from Mogadishu including dare I say Sharif Xasan, Cumar Xashi Adan are for the foreign troops. There are certain caviats thats most would like to see, but the najority are for the FT, at this moment.

As for th threats where would these brave sould go?

[/QB]
Ubahane, first I can not be a tribalist, since the Somali's are of one tribe. The term thus does not apply to my person.

You think I am naive to believe your tactics for dismissing the stamp that you had on your back? You are a big time tribalist, no one can deny that. The first day you came to my attention here in SOL, tribalism was the first thing that clicked in my mind.

Second the issue of FT, is a sensative one, I dont much care for them. My support is for the lifting of the arms embargo so the government can equip the Somali armed forces and police.

Stu-pid, don't fool us, the issue of arms embargo and the deployment of foriegn troops to Somalia are as interdependant as mother and son. Once they lift the illusive arms boycott, the bogus Administration of Mr. Sick would start pressing the green light for all AIDS inflicted nations to deploy their troops in Somalia, to chain down our Muslim women for their deadly lusts, and plant the sycophantic idealogies of Mr. Sick to take roots in our country. We say no to that, and you will see what happens in case that unfolds to Somalia.

I belive there is a good chance of the lifting of the arms embatgo due to the interest shown by the EU and US lately.

You see, you are reckless advocating for the interest of our country in the most vicious way of advocacy. I don't make any contentions whether or not they [westerners] fullfill your dreams, but I tell you as long I live, or my likes, the country will not fall on your suicidal palms.

Let me address your question, if we had foreign troops in Somalia they should be stationed every where INCLUDING PUNTLAND.

Now, I see the utter numbness of your retarded brain!