Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Yo, Family...Help me out, dawgs

Kashafa   

Hey guys,

Came across this dude, Liam Bailey, over at Hiiraan Online. You won't believe the balls on this guy. With one well-written article, he's tearing down the entire premise of our position: supporting the TFG, come hell or high water.

And I don't know about you guys, but it sucks to be disillusioned :mad: Now I know why they say ignorance and hate are bliss. Dammit, it hurts.

I hope you guys can help cure my momentary confusion, I missed the feeling of being part of the Tolka. Dang, Sho' loved them Starbucks meetings where we gathered around and hated on Reer Qurac. Ha Ha, twas the good times, B.

Nway, here's what he said that got me trippin':

The Union of Islamic Courts (UIC)
did something that many before them had tried and failed.
They brought peace and security from complete chaos and total violence in areas under their control in southern and central Somalia after July 2006. For the first time in fifteen years children could go to school safely and hospital's could treat the sick instead of wounded. And with no gunmen on the streets to charge truck drivers fees for safe passage food prices dropped.

The Islamic Courts within the union that were predominant in their sweep to power followed Salafism, a hard-line strain of Islam widely associated with extremism and terrorism. Thus the UIC became another target under the War on Terror. But perhaps with Somalia's history of inter-clan violence an
extreme faith in the country's religion is needed to supersede the tribal traditions of warlord rule.

It is a farce to expect rival warlords and clansmen cobbled together in Kenya as the TFG to govern Somalia without any unification
, after years of inter-clan violence. The UIC is of course
made up of rival clans
but they have their extremist belief in the
Islamic faith
in common,
giving them a unity which they have proven capable of governance.

At any rate Somalis
have a history of anger against foreign forces on their soil
, as they showed with protests at the outset of the Ethiopian invasion.

Their feelings toward the foreign intervention were displayed again in Mogadishu Mar 21., as an angry mob of militiamen and
civilians, including women
burned the bodies of uniformed soldiers and dragged their corpses through the streets in barbaric jubilation.

The UIC have proven they can stabilize and govern Somalia. The insurgency's growing popularity among Somalis proves the Somali people didn't resent the UIC's strict rule as much as they do the current government.

Umm, Say somethin' guys. Why do I suddenly hear crickets chirping ? :D Oh wait, Oh wait, the latest reports coming in says that Liam Bailey(writer of this piece) is actually , check this out, a due-paying member of the Clan Courts. Indocade's 3rd cousin twice removed. I knew it !! Something wasn't right about this Liam guy. It's like, he's actually telling the truth , till I found out he was part of the wicked evil baddie-bad-bad Clan Courts. LOL :D Phew, Hamdulilah. Ileen he was just brainwashing me using his sophisticated easily verfiable fact-based article :D

I mean, even tho he's making a lotta sense. He's somehow gotta be inherently evil right ? Thats what Adeer Jaamac told me. In his own words: Never trust Reer Qansax. Dammit, they stole 4 chickens and the last 2 remaining peices of muufo while they were marti to us us last night.

Aight, y'all. Peace out, and um tell Adeer that I'm droppin out outa school to help with the cause and all, na'mean. Can he, like, hook me up with a Ambassadorship or somethin'. :D

Yo boy,

Kooshin Maxamed Balalaq

I get a kick outa watching the lengths some people go to in order to twist reality(reality of Ethiopia, reality of the TFG, reality of the Islamic Courts of Somalia) and make it conform to their prejudices and perception. Heer waxay gaartay that Liam Bailey , of the Fightin' Irish, suddenly became a drug-runnin, land-lootin', wannabe-journalist who writes the truth with one hand, but ummm it doesn't count....yeah, his truth just doesn't count, aight. Let's leave it at that.

Keep on smokin' that good tribal green, y'all. smile.gif Proud to say that I never tried it. Virgin lungs, as they call it in the streets :cool:

ElPunto   

^I don't get it. Maybe it's supposed to be simple humour. But some white guy writing in support of your case doesn't necessarily prove your case but then again, you're a smart guy - you knew that already.

Gabbal   

The insurgency's growing popularity among Somalis proves the Somali people didn't resent the UIC's strict rule as much as they do the current government.

Maybe the only thing support for or lack of it has anything to do with is the usual Somali deciding factor, clan interest? We cannot just choose Mogadishu to represent "Somali people" so let us include, say, Kismaayo!

How come no lip from Kismaayo at the moment? No mass demonstrations, no chronic instability, no 100 protesting women being arrested at the same time, no anti-TFG positions?

Can we not say that maybe, just maybe, the perceived clan orientation of the occupying forces changed and with that positions were switched?

Is Mogadishu resisting Ethiopia or the clan perceived to be empowered by the TFG? Perhaps it is all and Mogadishu is resiting Ethiopia, the clan perceived to be empowered, and also in favor of Islam and Shareecada? Maybe that is more like it? Is that more centralist thinking?

Telling question Kashafa, can you answer it? And while you're at it, take into consideration elder's organizing by clan and speaking in the name of clan rather than Islam, the telling of Ethiopia we have no qualms with you but the "clan" of the president, the ordering of Islamist fighters with faces covered to be shot on sight rather then bring the "clan" more harm by way of the War on "Terrorism", etc.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

good question

I am not denying the moral support the people of Mogadishu deserve but one must be completely genuine and able to reason comprehensively when discussing the affairs of Mogadishu today.

Fabregas   

Warning: discussing Islamic courts attracts shouts of:

"Clan Courts(Indhacade)"

"Seccionists"

From the "Somali Nationalists( Puntland click)

Originally posted by ThePoint:

But some white guy writing in support of your case doesn't
necessarily
prove your case but then again, you're a smart guy - you knew that already.

I dont get it either,What "some white guy" grasped and understood easily,a somali is unable to..

A classic case of "looking at the world through rose-colored glasses" Yeah??

edit: Horn,perhaps,Kismayo is insignificant? :confused: icon_razz.gif

This liam bailey character knows things from one perspective. As horn said, where are the uprisings in Kismaayo or for that matter anywhere save mogadishu? I'll go a little further and say that most of these 'clan' uprisings are concentrated in south Xamar and that the majority of Xamar has a favourable or neutral attitude with the TFG.

When statements are coming out and some say we will accept Ethiopia over "Puntlanders", the whole notion of islamic fighting is bull crap.

Originally posted by Taako Man:

This liam bailey character knows things from one perspective. As horn said, where are the uprisings in Kismaayo or for that matter anywhere save mogadishu? I'll go a little further and say that most of these 'clan' uprisings are concentrated in south Xamar and that the majority of Xamar has a favourable or neutral attitude with the TFG.

When statements are coming out and some say we will accept Ethiopia over "Puntlanders", the whole notion of islamic fighting is bull crap.

Correct me here,The wadaads,i thought,were all chased by the Mighty TFG army?

^ The wadaads did not capture anything without foreign muscle and foreign weaponry imported straight to ceel macaan. You know this, I know this and Hassan Turki has said this.

Regardless, this is not the argument here. The ICU and the hostility coming from the remaining pieces of the ICU have all been from a certain section of a sub clan. They were fighting for the expulsion of all foreign forces whether it be AU troops or Ethiopia.

However they would rather have an Ethiopian, instead of, a Plander. This is from the proverbial horses mouth.

Makes you wonder, what was so religious about certain causes?