Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Real Threat to Somaliland's quest for Independence: Qussuusi getting serious!

NGONGE   

Like I said before, in time, I believe even Castro will raise the SL flag.

Khadar, A&T iska daa, markay sheekado kululaato iyo odhan doona "idin kuma jiro, I am ONLF, we are different...". :D

I have observed my friend NGONGE, and here is my take on his apparent vacillation.

NGONGE, if I understand him correctly, will come back into the Somaliweyn fold if the wars in the south end and strong, legitimate government with international recognition gets established. He said this many times before, and I see no reason to believe he changed his position on that big picture front. And in that verse, NGONGE is not the deluded Xaaji Xanduf neither is he inflicted with Oodweyne’s destructive swagger.

The reason NGONGE raised the separatist flag was due to the fact that SL have shown political capacity to divide the H clans in the North. The fall of Las Anod, he said, was a clear manifestation of Riyaale admin’s leadership skills in gaining territorial and political ground without engaging in major wars. And I almost agreed.

The problem with NGONGE of course is that in being so superficial and fickle, he borders being opportunistic, almost unprincipled, who supports whoever emerges out of the Somali civil war as a clear victor regardless of whether that group is right or beneficial to the larger Somalia’s national interests.

Although NGONGE would argue otherwise one can reasonably point out that, despite all his wit and intelligence, the man risks being the proverbial two-mule rider, politically of course :D

man rakaba ximaarayn, shaqqa duburah

NGONGE   

^^ I'm not riding two mules. The mule is sick, saaxib. I'm riding a horse. :D

Plus, no such thing as principles in Somali politics. It is all about opportunities. I see no opportunity with Sh. Sharif and his ilk. I see plenty with our so called mugger.