Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

The importance of gettin educated

Bambina   

Asalamu Alaykum bros and sis,I'd like to talk about wy it is important to educate somali youngers.As muslims we often assume dat our young somalis know everything about Islam like wat to avoid or wat is halal.Im not sayin dat older ppl know everything too but I noticed dat sum youngs r lacking a lot of informations regarding Islam.Half of the sumali communities in western societies dont pray or often dont talk about the fact dat sum somalis drink booze,smoke weed or even act like gangstas.Which brings the question wy the lack of deen?Im not tryin to find a scapegoat but I believe dat parents should pay attention to wat their children do and they should start their islamic education at an early age cuz I'm sure it's hard to change a person at the adolescence or adulthood.But then how can u expect a child to listen to Quran or avoid haram things when his/her parents dont teach him/her sum islamic guidelines?It takes a lot to change but we need sum guides first of all our parents.To the future somali parents who read this,plz educate ur children before it's too late.Take care.

Saalixa   

bamina,

sis i agree wit u 100% but the thing is the parents arent educated themselves and theres lack of communication between somali parents and thier children. they dont know what thier child learns in school or if they even attend classes, so soon they find thier children joining gangs or runnin from home.

where i live theres a huge difference between the paarents and younger generation. when u come accross them in the streets the mothers wearing the long hijab manshalah and her sons wearing wutang jeans that will slip of him any minute and all those silver rings and earings.

i get very upset at times like those.