Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Al-Shabaab

Laba-X   

The amount of people expressing their unreserved abhorrence for Al-Shabaab has become transparent here over the time they’ve began their pursuit. These people, often in the comfort of their western homes, come up with all sorts of explanations to justify their innate weakness. A disease is in their hearts – a disease that gnaws at their insides as each day passes by and though they are not oblivious to the truth, they simply turn a blind eye to the state of affairs

Al-Shabaab have no scholars, they proclaim, they are just a bunch of kids armed with guns and a false understanding of the basic tenets of Islam. They have disregard the very fact that majority of the Somali scholars have indeed affirmed in their outright statements the declaration of Jihad to repel the occupying forces.

Other loosely salivate their tongues with the cries of FITNA, FITNA! proclaiming that the so-called Jihad is nothing but spreading Fitna and bringing about the destruction of a large population of blameless folks. After first enlightening themselves about the meaning of Fitna and what it entails, is it not worth contemplating for a second about the possible consequences of an Ethiopian presence in Somalia? Or are they disregarding the fact that in their places of stronghold, such as Baydhabo, even offering Morning Prayer or growing a beard is considered a sign of extremism which could lead to being shot? Fitna would come about as a result of giving the Ethiopian and their stooges a carte Blanche to wreak havoc throughout Somalia – not the dispelling of them. And in this we say that Al fitnatu ashaddu min-al-qatl (Fitna is far greater than the killing) .

Others, with a very weak Imaan, draw attention to the supposed ineffectiveness of the Al-Shabaab and to the futility of their actions. Al-Shabaab, they state, cannot achieve anything tangible at their current state. The Ethiopians are mightier in both man and machine, they say, and the hopeless retaliation of Al-Shabaab would simply exacerbate the death toll of the innocent civilians. Little do they know that Al-Nasr is from Allah!

Others, in their benighted minds, are happy to see Al-Shabaab put their arms down and assemble at a table for reconciliation talks, fully knowing that such infertile calls for reconciliation are but saab aan biyaha celin. They entertain themselves on the false pretence that the Ethiopians, who are in Somalia simply because of the schisms between the warring tribes, will merrily be singing farewell after this moment and all will be rosy! How blithely they take the situation to be!

Then we have those whose slogan is ‘As long as it’s not in my backyard’ and laze about nonchalantly in the comfort of their houses unmoved by Ethiopia’s blatant indiscriminate killings of Somalis. Particular culprits of this notion are the Northerners – unaware they are that Ethiopia is looking to advance upwards to molest them once it’s done raping the South.

Islam protects five things –

1. Religion

2. life

3. honour

4. wealth

5. intellect

Each is dispensable according to the needs of the other – with a top priority of protecting religion at all cost.

So if you cannot and don’t have the heart to protect your religion, your land and your people from the invaders, you either be quiet and quit slandering those who are in the killing fields, or have the courtesy and humility to support them in your heart - for they are doing what you, 'o coward, can't do!

Abtigiis   

Alshabab are the only real Somali heroes. What would have come of us without them? I don't know. Taagaas iyagaa halgankoodaan kuyar noolahay oon dadka ugu faanaa!

They're merely quibbling, of course. But I think there's something deeply disturbing, more sinister to it. I hypothesize that those who quibble about Alshabaab - a marginal group before Melez Zenawi invaded and occupied Somalia - are secretly rooting for the rotten Tigre Funded Government and its dabodhilifs. Like in the crypto sense... in fact, I think they're crypto dabodhilifs. For every 1 innocent life Alshabaab took, the TFG and their Tigre overlords took 1000s. So, these crypto-stooges try to equivocate so as to muddy the water and make things so convoluted that people can no longer tell right from wrong. As Abraham Lincoln said "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." A year and half a go they might have gotten away with this mental sleight of hand but not anymore. We won't be fooled again.

Intellect should be a top priority. How can you protect religion without putting intellect first. All somalis would be supporting the alshabbab if they used that and also consultation. You can't expect to get unconditional support by saying my way or the highway. As per the ratio of 1:1000 are you justifiying the killing of innocent people for one side and condemning the other?

Al-shabaab are the one and only reason we can still hold our heads up high .... imagine what it would be like if all your country men were cowardly traitors .... waa raga magaceenu ciida kor uga haya ... ilaahay janada haka waraabiyo dhamaantood

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

Intellect should be a top priority. How can you protect religion without putting intellect first. All somalis would be supporting the alshabbab if they used that and also consultation. You can't expect to get unconditional support by saying my way or the highway. As per the ratio of 1:1000 are you justifiying the killing of innocent people for one side and condemning the other?

would you care to expand on that comment 'Intellect' and what it has to do with protecting the religion ...as to the consultation they did consult with all the ulema and jihad was declared .. what other way is there ? there is no middle ground here this is not an academic exercise or a school debate ... the choice is clear

1- Gaal raac

2- Gaal la dirir

each person chooses what side he/she is on

The sentiments of the people on the ground are turning in favor of Al-Shabaab. There are two main contributing factors, one being the sheer animosity shown by Ethios to every Somali, and the other being people's realisation that those in 'power' are just there to amass wealth at the expense of the general public.

From Zaylac to Kismayo, the Somalis are facing severe droughts, starvation, high inflation and insecurity. Those in power whether be self-proclaimed landers in the north or warlords in the South have done little to alleivate people's problems. If anything, they hamper the ability of people to feed themselves. People get locked in Awdal cuz they "looted" aid or barely could afford anything in Puntland cuz Cadde Uusay gave free reign for those flooding the market with counterfeit curreny.

Only the Culimma has done something to help people by clamping down on insecurity in Garowe or curbing high inflation or by ferrying water to Buhoodle. Whereever you go in the former republic, it is them that's attending to sick, feeding the poor and helping maintain peace.Somalis understand that they are facing the same calamity brought upon by corrupt leaders, neo Gumaysi and natural disasters. It is no longer a matter of inter or intra Qabiil rivalry but tragedy bigger than Qabiil ego.

I don't support Al-Shabaab out of religious conviction, but merely out of the simple fact of them being the only viable oppisition to a neo-Gumaysi hell bent on obliterating everything Somali. Some would argue the Tigrays are here to 'help' us. They use reason and logic to substantiate their stance.They contend seventeen years of Somali on Somali violence necessitates the Tigray the presence on Somali soil-perhaps a reasonable argument hadn't the Tigray indulged in orgy of violence against the Somali. It is beyond me how could anybody jusfify the dialy atrocities committed against Somalis and paint the Al-Shabaab as being irrational warmongers.

It is worthy noting Al-Shabaab that are indeed sons of Somalis and they need no justifications in trying to evict a colonial forces and their hired guns.I don't know about people but when neighbor shows at your home with gun in their hands, my primal instinct is to guard myself and everything dear to me.If that neighbor intrudes, it is basic right of every being to defend themselves no matter how well intentioned the intruder might be. Reason has no place when it is your very existence that's stake. Reality dictates your instinct for survival you should kick in.

Those in the west have luxury and the peace to delibaretly sift through the tragedy that's Somalia. They assign blame and arbitrarily condemn Al-Shabaab all while ignoring the plight of their own people. Do yourselves and everyone a favor, if you decide not to support freedom fighters, atleast try to appreciate the terrible circumstances your people are in.Nudge yourself to do something for those that perish everyday due droughts, starvations and yes Ethio bullets.

And remember,you are not much of a person if you don't help your people in the hour of need. God bless us all and may He save us from tranny.

^good read, but its not as thought we are placing all the blame in the hands of the freedom fighters.

What I dont agree with is putting the blame solely on one side, tfg and ethiopia, while the other side goes and invades peaceful regions and kills the innocent, and shouts oo wey diinta ayey ka baxeen.

Unacceptable behaviour deserves condemnation and it deserves for folks to come to terms with it.

We have children fighting a war? Shame on the men who imposed such tasks on these children and now we sit and point the finger at amxaaro when the roof of our home has long collapsed on us.

Lazy-What rights do mere spectators have in comdemning people that are defending their country, and do those that deride Al-Shabaab do anything to mitigate the situation. You could question the manner in which Al-Shabaab conducts itself but let's not condemn them for doing the job every Somali including you and I should have partake. If one has problem with their monopoly in the resistance, then all means join the fight and let there be an alternative. And no point reminding us how we get here. It is like being firefighter watching a house burnt to dust all while he looks for those that started the fire. We know what happen in Somalia and how we get here. As it stands, today no Somali tribes are fighting, all wars and skirmishes can be attributed to Tigray and warlord stooges. Somali people will make peace in due time.

Good defense yaa che and labo X.

Al-shabaab’s position toward dialogue is very clear. ICU shall factor the consequence of leaving al shabaabs out of their engagements with TFG. Alshabaab will continue to engage Ethiopians in every opportunity they get, and Ethiopians will punish the innocent civilians for it. Once again those should be factored in as this talks go forward. Once a workable arrangement is found for Ethiopia’s withdrawal from our soil, I am sure alshabaab will embrace the peace…

Baashi   

Nonsense! Gibberish! Oh please!

Is it too much for you to come to terms with the fact that house divided against itself will not and cannot stand in the face of determined and resourceful enemy? I mean what happened to your noodles?

Put on the so called “Questioning Attitude” cap and ask questions. Religiosity and nationalism is fine but they are too broad a term to apply to this case. All are Somalis. None I know of is kafir -- at least they are not making public pronouncements. They are just Muslim Somalis who fail to agree to settle their differences in a civilized manner.

Waa side bal ka gudub..

In strictly military matters, are tactics, logistics, training, and above all strategy relevant or irrelevant in discussions like this?

Would it be extraordinary thing -- a one that renders you weak in all things including piety as our holier than thou 2X is insinuating -- to question Al Shabaab in these areas?

Does questioning the wisdom behind or practicality of the guerilla warfare or their tactics mean in any way or form an endorsement of other side of the divide?

Are Al Shabaab considered macsuumiin?

What’s wrong with having negotiated peaceful settlement between all warring factions? I mean I can appreciated if one points out how difficult that process would prove to be or says the difference between the sides are too great that they border the line of irreconcilables!!

You bunch never cease to amaze me. I know it become trendy to blabber about jingoism and piety but still...

Kix kix I just spotted Socod Badane! Adduunyo!

Baashi   

^Maa Shaa Allah. Allah Akbar to Abu Geel Jire. He is a hekuva Somali, a rare Muslim indeed for he is doing a world of good for the cause. Maa Shaa Allah.

What a moron!