Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

Djibouti:Talks btwn the TFG and the oppostion to start...

I met once a young person who related to us how his life got completely transformed when he came to Kenya after a long trip from Mogadishu. Murder, rape, robbery were all his rite of passage and it went on to the extent that he became indifferent of such heinous activities. When he came to Nairobi in 2004, he was awe-inspired at the sight of traffic lights, paved roads, market transactions without the need for heavily armed guards. He said it took him months to adapt to this new life because he never believed such things existed. I mean he lived completely in different world.

The consciousness of any person is shaped by the socio-economic condition they live in. If we let Somalia fester in prolonged absence of state, we would live to witness horrific actions with long-term ramifications beyond our borders.We have only seen the smaller of the bigger consequences to come.

The rooting out of the Islamists/troublemakers is a clearly attainable objective. The extremists continue to inflict serious damage to our peace process. Only the idealist person will dismiss this notion. As you can see, they vehemently justify the beheading of civilians and the political utility of bomb-strapped kids as guided missiles, since the guided missile inflicts the utmost destruction and gets rid of the components that make up of it. Likewise, the bomb strapped kids are programmed with codes that control their maneuvers of their brain or automatically guide them to self-destruction and the destruction of their surroundings. The reward to that, according to their destructive ideology is Janna and Hurul Cayn (beautiful virgins).

So my proposition is the simultaneous application of sheer power and a major reconstruction plan or financial commitment given to the TFG and AU. Reconciling with moderates like Shariff is fruitful undertaking. The resources should be able to win the hearts of these kids, take them into custody and school them properly.

We need to save our kids from falling prey to foreign elements with global agenda.

^ that is the most filthy BS you have come up with to date ... WTF ???

The reward to that, according to their destructive ideology is Janna and Hurul Cayn (beautiful virgins).

you now mock the principles of islam is not the objective of every muslim jannah ?

I remember hearing that same BS from fox news .... 'they commit terrorism because they were promised 72 virgins oh what ignorant fools haha' ... their tone is understandable because they dont beleive in jannah or hurul cayn .... by adopting the same tone do you share their beliefs as well ?

amazing the same filth spewed by ignorant bigots from one of our so called brothers ... youre going too far in advocacy for the indefensible swine ee ninyahow is dabo qabo !

Why are you angry at Koora? He is just telling you what these kids are thought by your sheikhs. Who is mocking Islam? Maybe you should start investigating the teachings of these people instead of blindly defending them. You would be surprised what you will find out.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Current Somalia Players:

-The U.S.A

-Ethiopia

-Al-Shabaab.

The notion that the TFG and the "opposition" can sit down on a issue in which they are not the prime players is really beyond laughable.

Some people also make the strong argument that if it weren't the support of the United States, Ethiopia would have disintegrated into an ethnically inspired secessionist states.

I see that you acknowledge the super power status and its utility of soft and sharp power in shaping and observing peace in today's world.

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ that is the most filthy BS you have come up with to date ... WTF ???

quote:

The reward to that, according to their destructive ideology is Janna and Hurul Cayn (beautiful virgins).

you now mock the principles of islam is not the objective of every muslim jannah ?

!
Don't twist my words. There is no verse and Hadith that permits one to explode himself , particulay in the presence of a crowded area where Muslim women and children are bystanders.

What religion makes it Halaal to do this. What makes it halaal planting bombs on the streets of Muslim neighborhoods?

You don't have to answer them but ponder on these questions.

Fabregas   

Whether or not talking is solution or if it's right or wrong............

we'll all see waxa ka soo baxa, when they do speak to each other! It's not like any of you guys( cybers) will take the decision, ie to speak with TFG or not!

If they take that decision to be in the interests of Somalis, and it brings peace, Xabashis out....... then we'll thank for them for many years to come....... if the talks fail....they wont be the first SOmali talks to fail.........

The time for arguing abouth whether or not talks are correct is over......since they appear to have entered talks or will do so!

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

quote:Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Current Somalia Players:

-The U.S.A

-Ethiopia

-Al-Shabaab.

The notion that the TFG and the "opposition" can sit down on a issue in which they are not the prime players is really beyond laughable.

Some people also make the strong argument that if it weren't the support of the United States, Ethiopia would have disintegrated into an ethnically inspired secessionist states.

I see that you acknowledge the super power status and its utility of soft and sharp power in shaping and observing peace in today's world.
American interference in Somalia is not perceived. It is apparent. The cyclical bombings of certain parts of Somalia is evidence enough.

Ethiopian military is currently in Somali soil with the blessings of the U.S. This is also apparent. Abizaid and Centcom's generals meeting with the Ethiopian military establishment on an established basis is evidence enough.

Al-Shabaab is now the main military force resisting Ethiopian interference. Their ideology is Ethiopia is forced to evacuate or we die trying. This seems the only thing to come out of its leader's mouths.

Al-Shabaab is considered a terrorist organization and will never be accepted by the U.S as a legitimate force in the Horn. Al-Shabaab, itself, has no intentions of being accepted by the U.S or laying down arms until Ethiopia is in Somalia.

The fighting continues.

How does the TFG and whatever "opposition" fit into the equation?

The whole notion is laughable.

The TFG existed as long as the ICU existed in Somalia. The West needed the opposite "good guy" to raise up as a legitimate entity in Somalia. With the destruction of the ICU, the TFG has reverted back to what it was previously; irrelevant.

Nephissa   

No matter how disgusting the clown/criminal/puppet government is, we have to hope this works... It will be better for everyone if it does.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Nothing will come out of this given the fact that the TFG warlords want to survive the onslaught whereas others want to ensure the end of Ethiopian occupation.

You have it in a nut shell, Xooga! No doubt about that, but you can always hope. I hate to be negative, laakin anigaba, I don't see the 'other side' being prepared to accept any group that doesn't support the Ethiopia agenda first and foremost. The light at the end of the tunnel is dim if you ask me, but at least there is a light.

Xoogsade   

The odds against peace are staggering Sis Bisharo. The minds don't meet if each group is taken at face value and based on what their spoken word has been. I doubt any back deals will be made by Sheekh Shariif, which then leaves us with a reality ever so brutal, no peace. The TFG is fearful knowing the horrendous attrocities hey have committed, mistrustful, unyielding to a change that undermines their grip on power, they know their days are numbered without protection, on their opposite you have men demanding and expected to demand an end to the status quo starting with the Ethiopians leaving us and the country alone so we can move forward. The credibility of the TFG opposition(Sheekh Shariif and co actually depends on making that demand, and the sheekh expressed his willingness to just do that). Some wish away or minimalize the Xabashi role as if they are not the Elephant in the room responsible for this conflict. But that is just a wish as useless as anything useless you can think of. At best, a timetable for the Xabashi withdrawal will be announced if the outcome of the meeting must be resppected. Before any neutral replacement troops come, the war will/might continue undoubtedly. I can just go on and on about the potential for failure which starts with the existence of the TFG itself nacaladda. I shall come back in few days, or weeks hopefully. I would like to see xiin give a definitive position then and how he can continue thinking peace is possible if the meetings fail again. That would be interesting.