Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Darfur: Arab supremacy at its ugliest

Haddad   

Originally posted by juba:

who are the Somali Bajunis?

They are a minority group who live in Southern Somalia (especially in Kismayo and the islands further south). Along with af-Soomaali, they speak a dialect of Kiswahili. There are also Bajunis who live in Kenya and other East African countries.

^^

Under the 4.5 formula, the Baajuuns qualify as "Others" which essentially means "useless." Feel free to join the useless club..

Arab hatred? Biased info?

No one's answered my question yet: if its not Black v. Arab supremacists, then how come there are no Arab refugees fleeing the perceived Black enemy? :confused: Are you denying the co-existence of Arabs and Blacks in the Sudan? That's a basic tenet of trying to understand the real issue at hand.

"Its about oil. Its about being anti-Islam."

The Sudanese civil war has been going on for more than 50 years. When it started, America (the Great Enemy) was focused on fighting Communism. Quit blaming everything on America. Its the Arab supremacist militias who are killing and maiming innocent people simply for the color of their skin!

NGONGE -

Suju yahow lissen..What evidence you got? Just answer me why the fleeing refugees are Black and not a mixture of ethnicities, i.e. Black, Arab etc?

bilan   

it is really funny how you accuse arabs being racist and calling other somalis useless,is it because they did not kill,rape,and destroy!!! :confused: . is it me or you a joking what the heck you mean the color of their skin SUDANESSE NORTH AND SOUTH ARE BLACK redface.gif most somalis do not hate arabs and most people in this thread were against arab-bashing. but i realized those who hate them are mostly the ones who spend time in saudi-arabia,i have yet to see anyone somalis or non-somali who liked saudi arabia,some people fail to differentiate between saudi government and the other arabs, most people either do not believe or do not know that saudis treat egyptians,yeminis sudanesse same as somalis. so i do not think we hate them otherwise we would not care iraq,plastine.

Salma   

In my last visit to my lovely beautiful city Ceerigabo and while chatting with two of my male cousins (19 & 23 Yrs) who never left Somalia. I felt the deep hate they have against Arabs. Would you believe they never visit any Arab country, ever!!! And they never delt with arabs in their whole lives!! And the Only Arabs they know very well (throught the TV only) are:-

1- Saddam Hussain

2- Osama Bin Laden

3- And Yassir Arafat (May Allah 4give him and grant him the Jannah)

Then When I asked them "How can you hate a person or a nation if you never saw,delt,interacted with them?!. Based on what you created this hate and disgust in your heart??!! Cousins,I would really love to know.

Nomdads, Iam not talking about disagreement or dislike here. Coz anybody can disagree and dislike someone. NO, but Iam talking about the Deep Hate and Prejuidice against any person/nation. Coz, at least the person who lets say had been humiliated, tortured, offended,,, etc which naturally caused hate and anger in his heart can be excused (temporarily) for the bad feelings and memories he'd kept in his mind/heart (But ofcourse he has to understand that if one single person or a group of ppl had hurted him it doesnt mean he has to generalize it in on all the nation).

But for the others: You won't get a rational reason for this hate. Somtimes they say "Coz what's happening in Palestine and Iraq are done by Arabs, they are not helping their brothers". And when Iasked them "And you as Muslim what you've done for your muslim brothers in Palestine and Iraq?"! all what I get from them (whether from my two cousin or the Arab-haters) is SILENCE,nothing else. Some said "Wallahi anago somalia bano joogna oo waxbana ma oo qaban karno. walaken If we can go there we can do in minutes what arabs couldn't it in years". LOOL I wonder why can't they do these so-called tremendous efforts & miracles inside SOmalia instead blaming the arabs. you know why, coz as it was said "Maroodigu takarta saaran ma arkee ka kale ta saaran buu arkaa :D

Or as Bilan said "coz Arabs are rejecting our sheeps (its only in KSA, not in all Arabia). The same broken record is repeated over and over (never ending story).

The same happened in a Somali room in the PalTalk, they were attacking and offending Arabs for no reasonable reasons. Most of the talkers were from Europe, Australia, USA and Somalia. And guess what, those talkers used to live, study and work in the Arabs Lands. Iam sure 100% that there were at least few good things which can be said yaaakhi instead of saying the bad things ONLY and airing the dirty laundry of the Arabs infront of everybody. Nobody can deny that there are some discriminations and Human Rights violations, but that could happen anywhere and anytime. Even the CITIZEN in his own country can face some prejuidices sometimes. The Somali guyz who went to the other countries for study or work (whether its Muslim or non-muslim) like India,Pakistan, Bangladesh, philipines, Malaysia...etc are not talking badly about these nations as they do with Arabs while Iam sure 100% there are some discriminations or troubles going on there in the non-arabic countries . So why Only the Arabs who are attacked by the Somalis?!

Back to the TOPIC :-

Iam sure if there is any hard feelings or hate inside the opinion-giver's heart against any nation then defintely his/her judgement will be biased. You can blame and criticize people as much as you want,but at the same time you gotta be just and objective. There is no nation who are devils 100% or Angels 100%.

Judge/treat others the way you would like to be judged/treated. Would you love to be called a SOMALI warlord/ or a thug just coz there are some bad somali individuals/groups who are warlords and theives.

OG:"I am not defending Sudan Goverment here but I have all right to question American true intentions behind it"

LOL my lovely & Sweet OG-Girl, luv u girl. Do you want to be sent behind the SUN?! certainly no :D :-

Nobody have the right to question Mama America's intentions and her little ugly child "Israel". Even the Devil can't do that, besides Wind Talker told us not to put everying on the West. Stop blaming them for everything. It seems he has the right to put everything negative on Arabs and ignore all the positive things while giving all the credit and nice image to the WILD WILD WEST :confused:

Suju yahow lissen..What evidence you got? Just answer me why the fleeing refugees are Black and not a mixture of ethnicities, i.e. Black, Arab etc?

Ngonge, that's your homework for tonight. To count all the fleeing refugees. Don't forget about the "COLOUR" thing *important* coz it seems this thread is all about the Color not about the Darfur Crisis. But How you gonna find out? Even the Arab Sudanse is a black in Sudan. I guess you need to do studies and researches about their History,Lineage and perhaps their blood too.

WT: Sir, is there any other evidences you need to know/get?!

Frankly, would you care about the Darfur Crises if it was only in the NOrth of Sudan and between Arabs-sudanese as you prefer to call them?!

P.S: Back to my work, hey Guess what I have two Arabs Managers (males from the same country) one is hot-tempered & horrible and the other guy is open-minded,gentle and great human and manager, do I have to consider them both criminals and bad figures??!! :D

Salam

NGONGE   

NGONGE -

I fail to understand why people call me a “Sujuâ€! Is it my accent, saaxib?

As for the topic, I really am not sure that we’re on the same page as you claim. You’re asking strange questions here! Ok, let us ignore the different definitions for a minute here, and try to state the obvious instead (since that’s what you seem to want). The reason these people are fleeing is because (shock horror) the fighting is taking place on their side of town!

Like I said, it was a strange question that added nothing to the discussion on hand. Saaxib, we need to agree on the basics before we move on with the discussion. This conflict is taking part in the West of Sudan. The West of Sudan is predominantly Muslim. The South, which by the way has nothing to do with this conflict, is predominantly Christian. The north (the Arabs) is where the government of that whole land is based. The West is rebelling against the government! The “Arab†militias are fighting the rebels since this rebellion, should it be allowed to go ahead, would impinge on their own livelihoods (the Western Arabs). The government, faced with yet another rebellion, naturally supported the Janjaweeds (so-called Arab militias) in their fight against the rebels. Follow me so far?

These are facts, saaxib. They’re not my opinions or twisted words. Like I said in my earlier posts, there is more to this conflict than a simple Arab/Black disagreement.

On a side note; why do you classify northern Sudanese as Arabs and all the others as blacks? Is it because they have Arabic names? Maybe it’s because Sudan is a member of the Arab league and therefore the government must be ARAB, right? Is it because their BLACK faces have Arab characteristics? Surely, your reasons, if any, for classing them as Arabs will equally apply to you yourself as a Somali! After all, most Somalis don’t look that much different from ordinary Northern Sudanese, saaxib!

Classique,

Never underestimate the power of that great Somali news medium of “Waxa la Yidhiâ€, sister. It’s all that any Somali needs (ignorance and knowledge don’t matter here, it’s our culture, innit!).

OG_Girl   

Quit blaming everything on America. Its the Arab supremacist militias who are killing and maiming innocent people simply for the color of their skin!

What are you on man Drugs? Sudanesse Arabs (as you like to call them)are black, most of them darker than Somalis or other Africans! So this claim of colour of skin is invalid!.

....What evidence you got? Just answer me why the fleeing refugees are Black and not a mixture of ethnicities, i.e. Black, Arab etc?

How did you know since they all are black that Arab from African? Is there any lebel on their forhead saying that which is Arab and which is African? Where is your evidence dude?

I require before you take the word of anyone blaming anybody hear the other side of the story, am I asking too much?!.

"Its about oil. Its about being anti-Islam."

Who's denying disaster happening? I am not blaming west for every thing happening to us but can you deny that the conflict in Sudan is overblown with the intentions we all know is not ALL about saving innocent lives there, but to add further injury to the "Islamic" (as is being called) government of Sudan.

Since , the case here in Dafur is Muslim killing another muslim cause of greed , here they have to add that "they are Arab monesters" killing Black African!!..Isn't that what CNN,FOX..etc saying and you here advocating it?

Last but not least, Mr Talker, you must not allow your personal feeling towards Arabs cloud your judgement.

Classique , my dear sister, sounds soon they will send me to Guantanamo Bay , don't forget to get me best lawyers :D

Salam

NGONGE -

You're suju coz your name sounds like a Swahili word hehe. Anyways, I know where Darfur is on the map but I just don't understand why - if these Darfurians are Arabs indeed - there are no Arab refugees? Horta do you understand this basic tenet: that the Northern Sudanese don't consider themselves to be Black per se? Their skin color might be black but they consider themselves to be ABOVE the Southern Sudanese, who include local tribes such as the much-studied Nuer. If you can't comprehend the fact that the Khartoum regime and its Northern supporters DON'T consider themselves to be "Black," then we can't understand each other!

P.S. I don't classify Northern Sudanese by their features but their ficil. They don't consider themselves Black! I can't stress that enough. And I'm not Arab because I don't adhere to Somali legends choreographed by dead men! Perhaps you lissen to such tunes..

BILAN -

To criticize the Khartoum regime is equal to "hate for Arabs?" The question I asked is simple: why does the al-Bashir regime militarily support the Arab supremacist militia? If you can't answer it, refrain from opening your orifice. This thread isn't talking about the entire Arab world but specifically about the Sudanese Arab gov't which continues to support a vicious group of people!

CLASSIQUE -

That was a really boring story. If your cousins hate Arabs, what's that got to do with this thread? Focus..

OG -

Simply put, I don't understand you at all. Am I on drugs? Yes. Is my judgment clouded by what you see as my hatred of Arabs? No.

My turn: Are you mentally-challenged? Are your heroes Osama Hasn't-been-Laid and Saddam Rot-in-Jail Hussein? Care to provide some answers..

RELATED NEWS:

Sudan: Southern Agreement Key to Darfur Peace - UN

UN Integrated Regional Information Networks

December 15, 2004

Nairobi

The settlement of the long-running conflict in southern Sudan between Khartoum and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A), is key to solving the humanitarian crisis in the western Sudanese region of Darfur, a UN envoy said.

Jan Pronk, the Secretary-General's representative in Sudan, told a news conference in New York on Tuesday that a peace accord in the south would lead to a new constitution and a new government which would be sympathetic to the situation in Darfur and more open to negotiation.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200412150159.html

The Darfur crisis is very much part and parcel of the greater Southern Sudanese revolution that calls for equality and an end to Sudanese Arab discrimination. Its an extension of a long-enduring war for freedom.

OG_Girl   

^^Do you see your moronic attitude?...dont act smart here... What is it that you don't understand about my post? You only see what you want to see, there is much more and its out there... I advice you to practise what you preach .I asked you simple question!.. "How did you know there are no Arab refugees in the camps?"

Are Somalis Perfect? please save us all the time and effort by getting read of your vaine thoughts and contradictory statements if there is racist is you here!!.

"Focus"

LoooooL, seems you don't know what you writting here.

Mr wind, sounds your posts blow in many different directions..

Indeed Wind Talker!!!

Edit:

If Arab discriminating , you no better than us.

Salam

juba   

lets get something striaght so we can be clear here. The northern sudanesse are black in race but not in mentality. maybe someone can answer how this hate and state of identiy confusion began???

you might think this question is irrelvant to the Darfur issue. But u have to remember that this genocide might have not reached the level it did if it weren't for this racial problem.

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

If Arab discriminating , you no better than us.

Why compare/contrast? If you wanna discuss Somalia's plight, I suggest you begin a new thread. As the title reads, this particular thread is "focused" on discussing the Darfur crisis.

REFUGEES: Go to your favorite search engine (Google.com, Yahoo.com etc.) and type in "Darfur crisis." Look at the pictures and let me know if you find any of the people who look like you.. :eek:

JUBA -

What causes all genocides: racial hatred. These folks trynta tell us that the Darfur crisis is simply rebel v. government. Please!

Haddad   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Are Somalis Perfect?

It's not necessary to question Somalis' "perfectness" in order to rebut the pro-US views in this topic. You might rebut with Somali Bantus' genocide and what "Somali Arab militias" have done to them; still, it won't be necessary. This hoopla about Sudan, Darfur, genocide, Arabs, Janjaweed and etc is on its way to fade*. It has served its political objectives, which were Bush's reelection, refracting some attention from the Iraq quagmire, Powell's legacy in history and other secondary objectives. The coming weeks, Iraq's elections will dominate the news, and Darfur will be forgotten.

*There're now +7,000 results in Google News about Darfur (Iraq has +140,000 results); check the coming weeks/months how much it will decline.

OG_Girl   

Talker,

I am not comparing any one to Arabs but I am just telling you that your baised unformation not facts at all.

Do you think we lack humanity and you want to show how Arab are barbaric,killing poor Africans?? Listen don't act you are American and don't know what is going on in 3rd word dude! You are from Somalia pooriest and backwardest country in the whole global!. So stop acting like white guy with your copy and paste information from western media. Do you really want to hear our point of view or you still enjoying bashing Arabs? Are you ready to hear different point of views?

Here it is :-

We completly agree that there is problem in Darfur, whatever they are Muslims, Christian, Black, Arab they are human!. So before you jump up and down are you intrested to know roots of the problem or your western sources is all you need to bash Arabs??!!

Well,there is extreme lack of understanding over the whole Darfur crisis by looking at the situation as an racial war instead of the facts. You don't need a lot of research to know the fact,the Janjaweed as a tribe from northern Sudan whose main issue with other Darfurian tribes was farmland,water and resources..etc. Does that sound familiar? (Don't look farther than your own home) Somalia . But to generalize the situation as Arabs on Blacks!! here you you are insulting our intelligent.The situation is bad as it is not genocide.

The south fighting the Arabs in the north , Darfurian fighting Arabs, Arabs fighting... everybody fighting everybody for control over the oil and natural resources and things got worse when centrel goverment became weak, things got out of control. Is't that situation in whole Africa? Hutus and Tutse not that far!!

I think I made my point clear now! Is up to you now.

Salam