Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Darfur: Arab supremacy at its ugliest

OG_Girl   

I am still asking you... I don't need your opinion but tell me when Arabs enslaved Africans?? state the date and all thing you "heard"!! Do you ever read or still sing " I hear"?

All I know Arabs spread Islam and civilization not only to Africans but even in west.. I bet you never heard that huh?

If you hate Arabs that up to you not my problems though but next time try to make sense!

Salam

Jumatatu   

^^^ There are millions of African-americans in the states, like wise in the West Indies Islands and they are decendants from Africans and taken there by slave trade of Europeans, there were no Arabs involved.

juba   

i don't hate arabs og-girls don't make assumptions,infact i lived in the arab world for most of my childhood and now the facts fist hand. i am just trying to enlighten u about your best friends the arabs and history. it is quite a well nown fact that arabs were the fist enslavers of africans it is the most amazing thing that u as an african are not aware of it and more surprisingly try to defend them.

Here are ur dates: 9th to 19th century, primarily before traders from europe arrived. There most common form of slavery were concubines. To further assure u, if u notice the black populations in the Khalege that lived as long as the arabs themselves; were do u think they came form??? just like the black populations in the USA.

bilan   

Originally posted by juba:

i don't hate arabs og-girls don't make assumptions,infact i lived in the arab world for most of my childhood and now the facts fist hand. i am just trying to enlighten u about your best friends the arabs and history. it is quite a well nown fact that arabs were the fist enslavers of africans it is the most amazing thing that u as an african are not aware of it and more surprisingly try to defend them.

Here are ur dates: 9th to 19th century, primarily before traders from europe arrived. There most common form of slavery were concubines. To further assure u, if u notice the black populations in the Khalege that lived as long as the arabs themselves; were do u think they came form??? just like the black populations in the USA.

and do you know that as recently as 1950s there were slaves in somalia brought from zanzibar.

OG_Girl   

Juba, don't try to teach me my history dude.I know my history and learned well.

No need to tell me your childhood , I aint intrested on your childhood :rolleyes:

As bilan said check your own history.. Somali/African history!!

Edit:By the way my grand mom who is still a live, they used to have slaves from Zinjibaar! where they used to have slaves? In Somalia and that wasn't far ..was 1940s and 50s!!!.. so don't talk about Arab every one enslaved Africans and that is not some thing we can be proud of it!! As a humanbeen is embarrassing!

Salam

juba   

its not like i was saying something bad about your people just facts. AND IT IS HISTORY.You continue to deny the truth;amazing!!!. and i was never telling u anything about my childhood and never would :rolleyes: you obiously don't want to hear the truth so i will save myself the trouble.

blian never said for me to check my history either and by they way that is sad sister that we as somalians enslaved zanzibarians.that fact is new to me. i had previously heard that somalis did enslave other africans but not as late as 1950!. what is sadder is that we eslave our own kind :(

OG_Girl   

LOOOOOOL... so don't talk about Arabs while "you" black enslaved your own black people. Why blaming others then ?? :rolleyes:

Plus topic was Darfur.. Sudanesse killing Sudanesse .... Like somalis killing somalis!!

Hope you understood the point after all Arab bashing season you having redface.gif

Salam

juba   

boy did we get of topic :D

but back to the darfur issue, it is horrible genocide even if we disagree on who is responsible. i just hope we as africans come together and solve this issue instead of calling on the world for help every time we have a problem.

Salma   

hmmm,I thought the topic is about Darfur Problem not about the Slavery Traffic. What's going on in Darfur is a Tribal fights. Its a Sudani Vs Sudani just like what happened in Somalia (Somali vs Somali). So kindly try to understand and be objective while judging others.

Wind-Talker: The West & USA helped the Bosnians against the Serbs(interesting,very interesting). And Arabs never helped them or do anything? Those arabs,So Can I ask you "What the Somalis did for the Bosnians, brother?" Did they do anything for help?

And about your civilised and merciful Americans: Where is your Americas Now? Why they r not helping the Palestineans, Iraqis, Afganis and Chichanis? Why they r not stopping the massacres in Falluja? Why don't they cut their aids and funds from Israel? I guess you're not concerned about that coz you are concectrating right now on the "barbaric and inhumane" campaigns of genocide in contemporary history "Darfur".

OG: Skip dear, It seems Arabs are behind all the disasters and calamaties on the earth, probably they are the reason of what's happinging in Philipines(ygoloon the Forest-destroyers origins are Arabs). Or maybe they are the reason behind Ozon Hole too. Remember the Arabophobia story.

gal esh gal, gal Bosnia. I wonder why others r not blaming themselves b4 blaming others.

So Juba as african what would you do for Darfur Sir?!

salam

bilan   

it is natural the we get off topic because i do not see no topic,just racist comments by some people, if the poster really wanted to discuss the problem in darfur,he should have picked

appropriate title.FYI northern sudanesse are blacks as well.

CLASSIQUE -

You gonna compare Somalia to the entire Arab world..? I jus stated a mere fact: When thousands of Bosnian Muslims were being slaughtered by Serb Christians, the West - led by Clinton's America - came in to put a halt to that. No need to compare/contrast notes coz you know Somalia was in a quagmire of its own during the mid-90s!

If its Sudanese v. Sudanese, then tell me why the Arab-led regime in Khartoum overtly uses its air force to bombard Sudanese cities? I mean: Why take sides? Show me the Arabs who are fleeing to Sudan's borders? All I've seen so far is thousands of Black refugees running away from armed Arab supremacists supported by the al-Bashir regime!

We can't solve problems if some of us decide to ignore the real issues. AND PLEASE, spare me the speech about the injustices of the West. Everyone knows what they do. Stick to the Darfur crisis: Arab v. the indigenous Black population!

NGONGE   

Heh. Looks like the discussion has turned into a fight between “Africans†and “Arabsâ€! Are we trying to recreate the conflict on SOL, people? :rolleyes:

First some information:

1- the two sides fighting in Darfur are of Sudanese origin (stating the obvious)

2- One group claims to be of Arabic origin and the other does not

3- There is historical animosity between the two groups because of land, politics and slavery (yes slavery).

4- Many Sudanese non-Arabs accuse their Arab counterparts of arrogance and prejudice!

5- The “Arabs†are the ones residing mostly in the North and are in control of the state!

6-Slavery in Sudan was only terminated in the 1940’s because of British pressure ( much better than Saudi Arabia by the way, there it only ended 1963!)

7- The rebels ( non-Arabs) are being helped by outside forces ( mainly Uganda and its allies I think - they messed up the Congo and now it’s Sudan’s turn).

8- The government of Sudan did not help matters by trying to side with the Janjaweed’s first and then distancing itself and changing its mind when it was too late.

9- The People of the north of Sudan (Arabs) can’t understand where the animosity of the West (non-Arab Sudanese) is coming from. They’re viewing the rebellion as serious treason!

10- The non-Arab Sudanese are from tribes that not only reside in Sudan, but also in Libya, Chad and even Nigeria (Hausa). I leave you to work out the interests of all these countries in the area!

Now, back to this thread and the “warring†sides. This is a MUSLIM problem. Both sides in it are Muslim (regardless of what labels they and others give them). Since we’re discussing a tragedy that befell our fellow Muslims, we have to extend the same level of fairness and sympathy to both sides. Whatever hatred we have for “Arabs†or “Africans†should not cloud our judgment and make us brush all genuine grievances aside. The same applies to the side we sympathise with!

The Sudanese government has made grave mistakes in the past and this conflict is one of the results of those mistakes. However, the Sudanese government is not the only side to blame in this conflict. The rebels are the ones who started this conflict and got massacred by the vicious Janjaweeds!

Now, that everyone from the UN to the AU and the Arab league have stuck their oars in and are trying to further confuse matters, we, as neutral observers, are left with nothing but to pray for our MUSLIM brothers from both sides and hope they see sense soon. We’re in the unique position to know how these “tribal†wars end and what pain and misery they spread. Funny how when we see it with others, we still decide to take sides, eh? ;)